Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Excellent performance. Amount of flak he gets is completely unjustified.

Does he get flak? People just think he's not good enough for where we want to be, which is the truth.

He's good enough to be in the squad, is a model pro and does his best - which is all you can ask of him. He does get a lot of personal criticism and abuse, which is pretty harsh for fans who are supposed to be supporting our players.

It's not his fault he is a first-teamer so often.

Colo makes anyone look good. :coolsmiley:

Played well though. :thup:

Was at fault for the goal twice, once by giving the free kick away and then not marking Oshea tight enough, he gets a free header there. That spoilt an otherwise decent performance by him.

Colo makes anyone look good. :coolsmiley:

Played well though. :thup:

Was at fault for the goal twice, once by giving the free kick away and then not marking Oshea tight enough, he gets a free header there. That spoilt an otherwise decent performance by him.

Nonsense, that one's on Cabaye for the woeful free kick.

Guest palnese

It was a very good decision by Willo to bring down Saha. Can't blame him one bit for the goal.

Well yes you can, but not for the free kick.

True.

Mike Williamson currently averages over 16 clearances per game. Not only is that more than double the number that Coloccini manages, no other footballer in the top four leagues in Europe averages more than 12. Williamson also has the stats on his side in terms of tackles and blocks.

But it's noticeable that the key defensive statistic in which Coloccini outperforms Williamson is in terms of interceptions. The Argentina international produced more of those than any other player in the Wear-Tyne derby on Sunday - two of them vital ones inside the penalty box. And crucially, after an interception - as opposed to many of Williamson's clearances - both he and his team are able to retain possession. Coloccini has a 91 per cent pass success rate compared to his centre-back partner's tally of 76 per cent.

Poor Willo, man! :laugh:

From this decent article:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8187511/Art-of-defending

Unfortunately, because of his reputation he's stuck in an endless spiral.

People think he's turboshit on the ball so every time he gets the ball, people get straight on his back and scream at him to get it away, thus making him turboshit on the ball.

I'm not saying he's great, or even a good defender, but he's not that bad. I'd be shitting myself if 50,000 were screaming at me to get rid of it, then screamed at me for getting rid of it :lol:

Hes basically the centre back version of Simpson. Adequate at his job and thats it. Wins headers and wins most tackles. Both should be squad players, thats the difference between us and the top 5.

But didn't Williamson play a significant number of games for a side who finished in the top 5 quite recently ?

Guest neesy111

People think he's turboshit on the ball so every time he gets the ball, people get straight on his back and scream at him to get it away, thus making him turboshit on the ball.

I'm not saying he's great, or even a good defender, but he's not that bad. I'd be shitting myself if 50,000 were screaming at me to get rid of it, then screamed at me for getting rid of it :lol:

So how does that explain when he does it away from home then?

So how does that explain when he does it away from home then?

It doesn't.