Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Yes, he's certainly nowhere near being a regular for the likes of ManU or Barca, but he's hardly a poor mans Bramble either. 

verdict: :thup:

Yes, he's certainly nowhere near being a regular for the likes of ManU or Barca, but he's hardly a poor mans Bramble either. 

verdict: :thup:

As a defender I don't think he has many glaring error's in his game, he's just very nervous in possession and gets done for pace frequently.

What he can do and do effectively as mentioned is read passes and anticipate danger. He's also useful on opposing set plays aswell purely because of his height.

Didnt think he was too bad tonight, clearly someone who needs confidence to have a good game. Great ball onto Shola aswell for the second.

I'm not getting at you mate, but in fairness the amount of long balls he played you'd bloody hope he made use of one of them.

Guest bimpy474

If we go back 9 years...

Coloccini is Woodgate

Taylor is Bramble (with less errors now)

Williamson is O'Brien

That just insulting Nut.

Didnt think he was too bad tonight, clearly someone who needs confidence to have a good game. Great ball onto Shola aswell for the second.

I'm not getting at you mate, but in fairness the amount of long balls he played you'd bloody hope he made use of one of them.

Which he did thank f**k 

Guest firetotheworks

Our current defense is much better man. Every single one of them is 50 times the player Bramble was. Unplayable game now and again or not, we no longer have to find any bright side. Hindsight is here, he was unmitigated, incomparable shit. Williamson fucks him while his victims watch.

Sometimes all you need is a good clearance.  How many times in Colo's first season were we facepalming at him trying to play it out of the back when all it needed was a good kicking?  I'd rather Williamson be hoofing it than getting possession taken from him.

Williamson isn't great but he goes out there and puts in an honest shift and gets the job the done, if not spectacularly. 

For yesterday, I think Williamson was alright. He's good defender but very limited footballer.

Perch should be the first replacement in games where don't defend as much. He's so much more confident on the ball and has the composure to hold on to it in potentially tight situations. There were a couple of occasions yesterday when we had forced them in to playing a long ball, only for Williamson to head it straight back to them. That doesn't happen as much with Perch - who I thought was brilliant in DM second half.

with all the games we got this season mike could easily start about 30 games. I kinda like the fella but that wont take us to the next level. If AP & Ashley were serious about going for 4th or anything, then mike should be playing a lot less or not at all.

sad but true  :(