Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2251870/QPR-biggest-game-life-insists-Newcastle-defender-Mike-Williamson.html

QPR is biggest game of my life, insists Newcastle defender Williamson

By Colin Young

Newcastle defender Mike Williamson says Saturday's clash against Queens Park Rangers is the biggest game of his career on Tyneside.

The centre back knows how Alan Pardew's side have struggled in the Barclays Premier League this season.

Newcastle are 15th and have won just two in their last 10 League games to flirt with the bottom three, where Harry Redknapp's side have been for most of the season.

Newcastle face Arsenal and Manchester United over Christmas but Williamson said: 'We've had a lot of big games and QPR is right up there with the most important. The lads know that and we're solely focused on getting the win.

'It's a must-win for us and we go into every game with that mindset, but with Man U and Arsenal coming up, it's even more so.

'Last season, everyone was coming up and patting us on the back. Now they are asking us what's gone wrong.

'This is such a passionate city. They deserve to see a few more better displays. We are all working hard to try to put things right and give the fans something to cheer.'

QPR game will be a watershed moment for Willo. He'll wind up from 20 yards out and finally smash home a header off a corner. It'll be an own goal, but it'll be grand.

:lol:

Hopefully we'll not even notice him playing.

QPR created absolutely zilch by the way of clear cut chances today, and Williamson more than played his part. Another good performance after City and he hoofed the ball noticeably less today. He only resorted to that a bit when Shola came on, which I suppose is the point of Shola anyway.

Looked much more confident than usual today.

That bit comfortable on the ball, take it past the QPR man and lay it off to the midfielder in the second half made me look twice :lol:

Noticed this also - and also adjusted my vision (well, I blinked - not being a wearer of glasses) to make sure it was him. Good show.

Guest bimpy474

Looked much more confident than usual today.

That bit comfortable on the ball, take it past the QPR man and lay it off to the midfielder in the second half made me look twice :lol:

Noticed this also - and also adjusted my vision (well, I blinked - not being a wearer of glasses) to make sure it was him. Good show.

Fair play to him, not much to do but he kept his concentration and did what he had to do well.

Still shit.