Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I apologise to Iron Mike - I wanted him sold to Cardiff in the Summer but he has been brilliant since he came in. Steady and organises the defence really well.

Still think we'd have been better off in the league table had he gone and Douglas come in.

We have seen and discussed before that he comes into the team now and again and does well quite often. It is when he is playing week in week out he ends up losing the plot. For these reasons I think he's an adequate fourth choice CB. For me Douglas should have ideally replaced Taylor who isn't actually that great and is injured half the time anyway which causes most of the problems in the first place.

The criticism of him was always OTT.

I'm glad he's in-form, but he's still very limited. I'm not sure this run of form would continue over a long period of time.

Every time we push high up the pitch he'll get exposed. Likeable and decent under the right circumstances but totally out of his depth in a team who look to take the front foot in games.

I'm glad he's in-form, but he's still very limited. I'm not sure this run of form would continue over a long period of time.

Every time we push high up the pitch he'll get exposed. Likeable and decent under the right circumstances but totally out of his depth in a team who look to take the front foot in games.

Aye when he's in the team he forces you to defend deeper as a team to make up for his limitations..... Okay against the Liverpool's, Chelsea's and City's of this world as he's a decent stopper but against anyone who isn't one of the big teams where you have to take the game to them he will always hold you back.

I never thought he was as bad as some say but he has clear limitations which restrict him and the team in certain scenarios.

I look forward to you saying the same exact thing when Cisse starts scoring again (if he does, that is).

Willo's criticism was anything but over the top, but coming from someone who's taken on what seems like a personal vendetta against Cisse, it sounds lush.

Never, I still hold my breath when he is passed the ball and he still 98% of the time clears it to the other team. He was out jumped by smaller players a few times yesterday too. He does give 100% and he is clever but he is still too slow and nervous on the ball. 4th choice is fine. I think he is looking better because the other 3 recently are not playing as good as they have done, Taylor especially.

He's fine as long as this is his role...only playing when two of Mbiwa, Taylor & Coloccini are out. He always seems to have a good run when he's just back in the team but you can't expect him to have a long run of games and play well. He's just not good enough.

He's getting away with it at the moment. Whole hearted player but in every match he's on the edge of a complete fuck up. He was given a pass as last man in the first half where he wasn't dispossessed by the skin of his teeth and that type if thing happens far too often.

We defended deep and in numbers for the most part yday and that suits his strengths.

Does he really make more mistakes than the other three? I don't think so.

He's the only real defensive organiser that we have, and has proved his worth to the side for that reason.

I'd keep the Willo-Mapou combination going and see how it develops. In theory, their different strengths should dovetail.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd say Taylor's the biggest liability. For all his fuck ups he gets away with a lot of little niggles & pushes etc etc

I'd say Taylor's the biggest liability. For all his fuck ups he gets away with a lot of little niggles & pushes etc etc

There's players getting away with that in every club mind, but your are right.

Does he really make more mistakes than the other three? I don't think so.

He's the only real defensive organiser that we have, and has proved his worth to the side for that reason.

I'd keep the Willo-Mapou combination going and see how it develops. In theory, their different strengths should dovetail.

Of course he doesn't but Newcastle fans always like a scapegoat and it's usually the lad that always gives 100% but isn't blessed with the most ability who kops for it. Warren Barton used to get ridiculous abuse at times back in the 90's as did the likes of Mark Stimson in the late 80's/early 90's.

I look forward to you saying the same exact thing when Cisse starts scoring again (if he does, that is).

Willo's criticism was anything but over the top, but coming from someone who's taken on what seems like a personal vendetta against Cisse, it sounds lush.

Cisse has scored 6 league goals in 2013. Cabaye may have scored more than that. Cisse's general play was never very good and now his finishing has been of for 18 of the 23 or so months he's been here.

Williamson is a limited defender no doubt but he's not terrible. As we have seen, he is capable of putting in solid shifts. As a back-up player he's decent enough. Add that he's a good character and a leader the criticism has been OTT. I don't understand vitriol against players that clearly give it 100%. Save that for your Cisse's.

Never, I still hold my breath when he is passed the ball and he still 98% of the time clears it to the other team. He was out jumped by smaller players a few times yesterday too. He does give 100% and he is clever but he is still too slow and nervous on the ball. 4th choice is fine. I think he is looking better because the other 3 recently are not playing as good as they have done, Taylor especially.

He wins more headers than any of our defenders regardless. He is a central defender being crap with the ball isn't the worst attribute to have. He is too slow (so is Colo) and poor on the ball and he has other issues tbf but that still doesn't mean he deserves all the extra stick he gets.

Guest neesy111

Some people have cleary forgotten some of Willo's performances last season that forced us to sign Mapou.  Old Trafford and at Home to reading come to mind.

He has been excellent since returning to the side and in stark contrast to how "shot away" he looked at the end of last season.

It's clear that he still doesn't like the ball at his feet, and though football has changed a lot it has to be remembered that a great ManU and a great Arsenal team were built around centre half's who did little other than win the headers and organise their defence.

Some people have cleary forgotten some of Willo's performances last season that forced us to sign Mapou.  Old Trafford and at Home to reading come to mind.

Aye but i do think Mapou suits him perfectly.... Willo's problem is his lack of athleticism and pace and Mapou makes up for that and by and large Williamson makes up for Mapou's weaknesses.

If he stays with Mapou then i think you will see more consistently performances as they dovetail each other very well.

On Taylor the biggest problem i have with him when he's actually fit is he's far too aggressive with his positioning which leads to gaping holes behind him people have to cover for.

The biggest thing i like about Willo is he's aware of his weaknesses and won't come out of his comfort zone and hurt the team, Taylor on the other hand tries to do things he's not capable of to the detriment of those around him.