Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Slate him all you want on here. Don't see the benefit in slating him for his ability on the ball...while he's on the ball, though. It just makes things 50 times worse.

Sick of our fans getting at certain players. These same stupid twats will also be the first to preach that they don't care about ability, they just want to see effort too. Williamson is average to say the very most for him but fucking hell he tries. If Ben Arfa lost the ball like he did then he would have got half the abuse. I know it's different in a way but fucking hell man.

Sick of our fans getting at certain players. These same stupid twats will also be the first to preach that they don't care about ability, they just want to see effort too. Williamson is average to say the very most for him but f***ing hell he tries. If Ben Arfa lost the ball like he did then he would have got half the abuse. I know it's different in a way but f***ing hell man.

heza09 aka the defender of the less capable players. :lol:

Feel sorry for him. He's an honest pro who's woefully out of his depth.

He's trying hard, putting the effort in but he looks a complete liability. He's awkward as fuck on the ball and has no other pass than to ping it towards the corner flag and see it bounce twice and out of play. If he's used sparingly, 2 or 3 games, to cover a minor injury or suspension he does ok but we've been relying on him for nearly 4 months now. We've not got another CH on the books who could play so he's got another 9 games to go.

Poor cunt will spend the summer shaking in a dark, padded room at this rate.

He's trying hard, putting the effort in but he looks a complete liability. He's awkward as f*** on the ball and has no other pass than to ping it towards the corner flag and see it bounce twice and out of play. If he's used sparingly, 2 or 3 games, to cover a minor injury or suspension he does ok but we've been relying on him for nearly 4 months now. We've not got another CH on the books who could play so he's got another 9 games to go.

Poor c*** will spend the summer shaking in a dark, padded room at this rate.

So true. When he was coming back from injury, we were desperate to see him in the team. Shows how thin the squad is considering we were even worse in defence before he came back.

Didnt we have a Simpson/Perch center back pairing for 1 game?

Criminal that we did not but a CH during the window. Not surprising tho, given the dynamic duo's penchant for taking a gamble.

He's trying hard, putting the effort in but he looks a complete liability. He's awkward as f*** on the ball and has no other pass than to ping it towards the corner flag and see it bounce twice and out of play. If he's used sparingly, 2 or 3 games, to cover a minor injury or suspension he does ok but we've been relying on him for nearly 4 months now. We've not got another CH on the books who could play so he's got another 9 games to go.

Poor c*** will spend the summer shaking in a dark, padded room at this rate.

So true. When he was coming back from injury, we were desperate to see him in the team. Shows how thin the squad is considering we were even worse in defence before he came back.

Didnt we have a Simpson/Perch center back pairing for 1 game?

Criminal that we did not but a CH during the window. Not surprising tho, given the dynamic duo's penchant for taking a gamble.

Norwich away

Williamson is getting more comical each game. Trying to copy Ben Arfa dribble a ball out of defense, slicing a ball backwards with his foot facing forwards, hoofing it when he had space and time and not when he`s under pressure, heading it to anyone other than a black and white. Don`t get me started on our corner routine to him either. Its not just the odd once its all game every match. Surely we must have one CB in the reserves.

3rd or 4th choice centreback playing a numbers of games as one of our main centrebacks was injured earlier in the season, plus we never investd in a centreback in Jan.

Stands to reason his lack of ability will let him down at times but no point getting on his back, will just give him even bigger jitters.

Guest neesy111

The failure to sign a CB in January I will repeat was a farce, looking even worse now.  I won't doubt Williamson's commitment he tries 100% in games,  it's the club's fault that we need him during this crucial time.

The failure to sign a CB in January I will repeat was a farce, looking even worse now.  I won't doubt Williamson's commitment he tries 100% in games,  it's the club's fault that we need him during this crucial time.

Hardly a farce man :lol: selling Ba and not signing Cisse would have been a farce.

In August, the vast majority were banging on about "signing a number 9" - they do that in the Jan transfer window and now it's suddenly a farcical window.

Guest neesy111

Hardly a farce man :lol: selling Ba and not signing Cisse would have been a farce.

In August, the vast majority were banging on about "signing a number 9" - they do that in the Jan transfer window and now it's suddenly a farcical window.

Erm, going into rest of the season with 2 CB's fit in the 1st team is a farce.  If Coloccini gets an injury which wipes him out for the season then we are royally screwed at the back.

Really struggling at the minute, seems ok when the forwards he is marking are tall and dont have much movement.

Does not help when he comes for the ball off Krul and Simpson runs up the pitch with his back to him  :rant: could do with someone at right back like Santon who would at least show for the ball

Maybe if we didn't spend so much time in our own half his weaknesses wouldn't be o much under the microscope? At the beginning of the season no one would haver objected to him being a 3rd choice centre back as he can do a job there. But to cope with constant pressure you need top class defenders.

Can you all remember a year or so ago when everyone wanted Willo in the team and Taylor as a sub? Just a bad run of form at the moment I think...doesn't look the player he was tho'

Not really, i've never been a fan and always had Taylor ahead of him.

Can you all remember a year or so ago when everyone wanted Willo in the team and Taylor as a sub? Just a bad run of form at the moment I think...doesn't look the player he was tho'

Not really, i've never been a fan and always had Taylor ahead of him.

Likewise, we were the 15% though.

That is just the way it is though. He, as a professional footballer, has to be able to cope with that. If he can't then he shouldn't be playing at this level, it's that simple.

Of course in an ideal world 50,000 people would shout 'come on Mike, you can do it!' in unison, but the reality is that people have paid money to be there/have had a few drinks etc. and are going to get frustrated when someone does what he was doing today.

I find myself agreeing with this sentiment, your being paid shitloads of money to  play football, and people pay good money to come watch their team play and he's been horrific lately, its not like the fans started getting on his back all of a sudden, its his job to stay focused and play good otherwise he should fully be expecting this type of reaction.

I hate this kind of mentality and it does NOTHING to help our team. He's clearly already low on confidence and just looks nervy. That partially attributed to his mistake. However, 45k moaning  & groaning at him is not going to help anybody. It will only make things worse and that's exactly what happened.

He isn't performing due to a lack of trying so to get on his back will achieve nothing. Say what you like about L'pool fans but they truly try to give their players' confidence.

If we want our lads to try and play football we have to accept it may lead to the odd calamitous mistake. We can't have it both ways.

Guest neesy111

That is just the way it is though. He, as a professional footballer, has to be able to cope with that. If he can't then he shouldn't be playing at this level, it's that simple.

Of course in an ideal world 50,000 people would shout 'come on Mike, you can do it!' in unison, but the reality is that people have paid money to be there/have had a few drinks etc. and are going to get frustrated when someone does what he was doing today.

I find myself agreeing with this sentiment, your being paid shitloads of money to  play football, and people pay good money to come watch their team play and he's been horrific lately, its not like the fans started getting on his back all of a sudden, its his job to stay focused and play good otherwise he should fully be expecting this type of reaction.

I hate this kind of mentality and it does NOTHING to help our team. He's clearly already low on confidence and just looks nervy. That partially attributed to his mistake. However, 45k moaning  & groaning at him is not going to help anybody. It will only make things worse and that's exactly what happened.

He isn't performing due to a lack of trying so to get on his back will achieve nothing. Say what you like about L'pool fans but they truly try to give their players' confidence.

If we want our lads to try and play football we have to accept it may lead to the odd calamitous mistake. We can't have it both ways.

He should had listened to the 45k which shouted man-on during that passage of play

Guest Deadmau5

The best thing to do would be to let williamson handle the odd hoofball from the other team and excert pressure higher up the pitch. It doesnt matter if we pull central midfielders down to babysit him and nullify our midfield in the process... Exposed to pressure on the deck he will bottle it, so I dont get why we play like that in the first place, with a strong midfield and a weak defence. Seems like the worst possible way to handle the resources tbh..