Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest bimpy474

How did he play aside from their goal?

Very well 1st half when Cardiff hit it long at him, did ok on the floor to as well tbf. 2nd half he looked more uneasy as Cardiff got runners and dribblers around our back four. Ok overall i guess, goal conceded aside.

Guest bimpy474

Cheers. Chances of keeping his place pretty good then?

We won, he's in for now i would think, which would be a mistake against Liverpool with Saurez and Sturridge running around him imo. Maybe play him against Sunderland as they hit Altidore a fair bit in the air.

I think he had a pretty faultless game apart from the goal. Also his no nonsense heading gave the back 4 and Krul more confidence even when we were under the cosh. But against Suarez and Sturridge next week I don't know who we can play at CB because even Coloccini and Mbiwa will struggle against their pace.

Mbwia was torn to shreds by the Morecambe front line earlier in the season. Shudder to think what will happen against those 2 on his current form.

For balance he also had an excellent game against Benteke.

I think he had a pretty faultless game apart from the goal. Also his no nonsense heading gave the back 4 and Krul more confidence even when we were under the cosh. But against Suarez and Sturridge next week I don't know who we can play at CB because even Coloccini and Mbiwa will struggle against their pace.

Mbwia was torn to shreds by the Morecambe front line earlier in the season. Shudder to think what will happen against those 2 on his current form.

For balance he also had an excellent game against Benteke.

He did. Mbiwa is a very good young player imo, he has had some shockers (notably against Everton) and was badly exposed. Tbf the rest of our back four has also been pretty shyte on a worringly frequent basis.  But he's young (24) and most young players tend to have a more fragile confidence threshold than those who have been around for a while, especially when he's still relatively new to this country and this league. A spell out of the first team is no bad thing and Mbiwa will be back I think.

Taylor should be back for Sunderland. It's a f***ing joke this guy's actually playing first team football again. Well f***ing done to whoever scouted MPM and Kinnear for f***ing up the Douglas deal.

I didn't mind MYM because I thought that Colo would be leaving. But the burning of the Douglas deal has been one of the biggest failures this season.

Taylor should be back for Sunderland. It's a f***ing joke this guy's actually playing first team football again. Well f***ing done to whoever scouted MPM and Kinnear for f***ing up the Douglas deal.

:papiss:

Don't get me wrong, he'll be a very good defender in the Carvalho mould in the future, but we needed a different type of CB, and one who'd be ready for the PL.

We were assuming that Colo is leaving in January or in the following summer. Also you can't really tell who will be ready from the get go. Rather get MYM when he's available than Tomkins or some other clogger.

Mapou should be playing like, nobody will convince me otherwise. Everyone gets mauled by Lukaku FFS.

Trouble is his confidence took a massive beating. A spell out of the limelight is not so bad for him right now imo.

Hard to tell on a highlights package but he didn't look that bad on what I watched.

Made a fuck up in the build up to the goal but also won a fair few headers and seems to be very vocal in that back line, directing people, here and there.

Obviously,  rather not have him in there, but he wasn't absolutely turboshit today.

Mapou should be playing like, nobody will convince me otherwise. Everyone gets mauled by Lukaku FFS.

Trouble is his confidence took a massive beating. A spell out of the limelight is not so bad for him right now imo.

Did it? How do you know that? My opinion would be that he would benefit more from an arm around the shoulder and a start. I don't know how he's feeling either obviously.

Made one mistake today and it was costly. Played very well other than that, won near enough every header that came his way and added a much needed presence defending setpieces.

Never looks overly confident with the ball on the deck but did boss the defence vocally well today, credit to him.

Think he'll get caught out time and again against real quality and someone with pace but fine against lower middling Prem sides.

Willo was doing a lot of talking and directing of his team-mates. In one case, he actually manhandled Santon into the correct position. It's what we've been lacking recently.

That's something I actually agree with. He shows far more leadership in defence than anyone else.

He's in the same camp as Jonas for me.  Lovely bloke, committed pro who always gives his best but ultimately just not good enough.  I can't dislike him or slag him off because it's not his fault he's getting picked.  He'd make a decent 4th choice CB for us but shouldn't be higher up the pecking order than that.

No point talking about MYM's Morecambe performance when weighing him up for Liverpool, iirc the Morecambe forwards looked like they boxed gyspsys in their spare time for fun, Suarez and Sturridge will be an entirely different prospect and Williamson's height advantage will be practically redundant.

MYM has struggled a little recently but dealing with pace and movement I know which of the two I would prefer. Especially with Colo's pace.

He's in the same camp as Jonas for me.  Lovely bloke, committed pro who always gives his best but ultimately just not good enough.  I can't dislike him or slag him off because it's not his fault he's getting picked.  He'd make a decent 4th choice CB for us but shouldn't be higher up the pecking order than that.

Exactly how I feel about him.