Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest icemanblue

Rumour he may play tomorrow, how unfit will he be FFS.... I know we are short but surely he cannot go straight in.

Who should we play instead, man?

Fuck me sideways.

Guest Roger Kint

Rumour he may play tomorrow, how unfit will he be FFS.... I know we are short but surely he cannot go straight in.

He has played as much reserve football as Kadar or does that not count?

Who should we play instead, man?

Fuck me sideways.

Oh I know we are short but howay man he aint played in months, oh hang on has he had reserve games? if he has then not as bad as I first thought, at least he will be match fit.

Mike Williamson on verge of signing

Jan 26 2010  by Luke Edwards, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United are on the verge of a breakthrough in their efforts to sign centre-back Mike Williamson before the close of the transfer window, with Chris Hughton confident the deal will be completed in the next 24 hours.

The delay has been a frustrating one for everyone concerned after the Magpies agreed a fee with Portsmouth and the player travelled to Tyneside for a medical and to discuss personal terms on Friday.

Hughton hopes everything will be completed before United’s home game against Crystal Palace tomorrow night and, with Steven Taylor facing up to two months on the sidelines with knee ligament damage, Danny Simpson struggling with an ankle problem and Ryan Taylor suspended, the signing could not come at a better time.

Nevertheless, Williamson (pictured right) has not played a single first-team game for Portsmouth after a summer move from Watford and will inevitably take some time to adjust, even if he is thrown straight into the Newcastle starting line-up.

“In all honesty I’ve kept out of the politics of why it didn’t happen last week,” said Hughton, who continues to believe he will get the number of players he wants to to ensure the squad is strong enough to win promotion.

“I’m under the impression they’re working very hard on it and we’re confident it’s going to happen. I just want the player here. I hope we’re close to resolving it. We were disappointed it didn’t go through a couple of days ago and we’re hopeful something will happen very soon.

“This is a lad that did very well at Watford last season. He was on our radar last season and in the summer and got a big move to Portsmouth. Unfortunately he has not played the number of games he would like but must have been doing well to get that move in the first place.

“He is a big lad and he is the right age. There is still development in him and from what we’ve been led to believe, he will relish the opportunity to come here.”

Hughton has refused to reveal whether Williamson’s move will be on a permanent or a temporary basis although it is thought one option open to Newcastle was to make it a loan move so that Pompey were not forced to hand over any money to Watford.

Newcastle had offered £975,000 last week, which was accepted, before it emerged cash-strapped Pompey would owe more than that back to Watford as they have still not paid off all of the £3m fee needed to sign him in the summer.

Meanwhile, Hughton has still not revealed the extent of Steven Taylor’s injury, claiming the club’s medical staff have still not had time to assess the problem fully even though it happened more than a week ago.

He said: “It is too early to say how long Steven Taylor will be out. He’s definitely out for a short period of time and he won’t play against Crystal Palace. We must make sure we have appropriate cover in that area, but we were looking to strengthen in that area anyway, so nothing has changed in that respect.

“We need that period of time for the medical staff to assess the extent of the injury. We are not looking long-term at the moment unless we are told otherwise. We’ll know over the next few days.

“It would be unfair for me to say anything more at this stage.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/26/mike-williamson-on-verge-of-signing-61634-25683834/

How long does it take to assess an injury? It happened more than a week ago - they're probably delaying telling everyone it's a bad one.

What's the betting it's long term and that we don't know the full extent of it until after the window closes so no replacement can be bought ?

Saying that can we still loan players after January ?

How long does it take to assess an injury? It happened more than a week ago - they're probably delaying telling everyone it's a bad one.

What's the betting it's long term and that we don't know the full extent of it until after the window closes so no replacement can be bought ?

Yeah, til March.

That's what I was thinking.

Surely after a week they have a pretty good idea of how long he's going to be out for? It smells of Shola after Huddersfield.

Yeah, probably so other clubs don't try to make things difficult for us when we try to get a defender from them.

Taylor is faking injury so Ashley is tricked into buying another CB, its all part of Hughtons cunning plan.

:lol:  So... is Pancrate also faking only playing shit so we could buy one more winger?

its all a cunning move by hughton in reality hes an evil genius

Taylor is faking injury so Ashley is tricked into buying another CB, its all part of Hughtons cunning plan.

:lol:  So... is Pancrate also faking only playing shit so we could buy one more winger?

its all a cunning move by hughton in reality hes an evil genius

See what those lads will do for Hughton, they love him man..

:lol:

Was Given feigning injury actually confirmed?

It came on very suddenly and left as soon as Given did.

A simple no would have done.

It's one life's great imponderables. Given, in my view, wouldn't feign injury - not sure it's in his make up. However, some choose to assume he did.

We all know Bellamy intended to (and did) yet people choose to think he didn't. Very strange.