Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

We didn't know how good we had it when were tearing our hair out evey match Bramble played. :lol:

Last season was the first since the 90's where I have been content with both our starting CBs in the premier league. While we've had some good individuals, we haven't had a starting pair where one of them haven't had the burden of carrying their partner to some extent like Woodgate, Coloccini and Faye.

Shame that Faye got sold the summer Colo arrived. They would have been an excellent pairing.

I feel there is a bit of revisionist history here. He wasn't a terrible player and we have had loads worse than him. He was average, did well in spells, did poorly in others and was a decent squad player who had some useful runs in the team. Don't see the need to demonise the guy. The floated set piece debacle was a Pardew issue and unfair to blame Williamson for his poor tactics.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I struggle to think of a worse CB that's played for us over the past 15-20 years.

I feel there is a bit of revisionist history here. He wasn't a terrible player and we have had loads worse than him. He was average, did well in spells, did poorly in others and was a decent squad player who had some useful runs in the team. Don't see the need to demonise the guy. The floated set piece debacle was a Pardew issue and unfair to blame Williamson for his poor tactics.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I struggle to think of a worse CB that's played for us over the past 15-20 years.

Ramage?

Ramage?

God forgot about the abomination that was Peter Damage. He wasn't even good enough to drive one if his dad's trucks FFS

Not sure I've ever seen a weaker CB than Mikey boy, a total lettuce.

Cacapa

[emoji38] Fucking hell forgot about him. Holy shit we've watched some shite.

That Portsmouth game :anguish:  [emoji38]

[emoji38] I have zero recollection. Was he too shit to comprehend, because I feel like that's what it has to be.

I bet some of the teamsheets from those years would reduce me to tears.

Ramage?

God forgot about the abomination that was Peter Damage. He wasn't even good enough to drive one if his dad's trucks FFS

:spit: Ramage! Holy SHIT.

Worse than:

Marcelino

Frank Dumas

David Beharall

Titus Bramble

Steve Caldwell

Gary Caldwell

Jean Alain Boumsong

Oguchi Onyewu

Paul Huntington

David Rozenhal

Cacapa

Tamas Kadar

Peter Ramage

David Edgar

Zurab Khizanishvilli

Fitz Hall

Sol Campbell

Grant Hanley

If you think he is the worst centre half than all of the above then yeah we will have to agree to disagree.

Completely inappropriate to post that much sense here. Begone!

He's a good bloke, and likes the North-East, hope it goes well for him at Gateshead.

Genuine question; is there anywhere else that keeps non-locals as hooked? Feels like Newcastle is really unique for that, or I just don't pay enough attention to other regions.

3 trebles for a fiver.

Worse than:

Marcelino

Frank Dumas

David Beharall

Titus Bramble

Steve Caldwell

Gary Caldwell

Jean Alain Boumsong

Oguchi Onyewu

Paul Huntington

David Rozenhal

Cacapa

Tamas Kadar

Peter Ramage

David Edgar

Zurab Khizanishvilli

Fitz Hall

Sol Campbell

Grant Hanley

If you think he is the worst centre half than all of the above then yeah we will have to agree to disagree.

there's a good 10 names there that were worse than big mike

Worse than:

Marcelino

Frank Dumas

David Beharall

Titus Bramble

Steve Caldwell

Gary Caldwell

Jean Alain Boumsong

Oguchi Onyewu

Paul Huntington

David Rozenhal

Cacapa

Tamas Kadar

Peter Ramage

David Edgar

Zurab Khizanishvilli

Fitz Hall

Sol Campbell

Grant Hanley

Remember, we got to see Mike Williamson in all his glory as a regular starter over a number of seasons. Most of the guys you have listed above were bit-part players who didn't play often enough to make a fair judgement on. Did Gary Caldwell even make a first team appearance for us? Zurab Khizanishvilli made only a handful, same with the Gooch.

Of our REGULAR STARTING CBs from the past twenty years, how many can you realistically say were worse than Mike Williamson?

Worse than:

Marcelino

Frank Dumas

David Beharall

Titus Bramble

Steve Caldwell

Gary Caldwell

Jean Alain Boumsong

Oguchi Onyewu

Paul Huntington

David Rozenhal

Cacapa

Tamas Kadar

Peter Ramage

David Edgar

Zurab Khizanishvilli

Fitz Hall

Sol Campbell

Grant Hanley

Remember, we got to see Mike Williamson in all his glory as a regular starter over a number of seasons. Most of the guys you have listed above were bit-part players who didn't play often enough to make a fair judgement on. Did Gary Caldwell even make a first team appearance for us? Zurab Khizanishvilli made only a handful, same with the Gooch.

Of our REGULAR STARTING CBs from the past twenty years, how many can you realistically say were worse than Mike Williamson?

I'll say again, Peter Ramage.

Guest firetotheworks

The players that Williamson regularly played alongside were weaker than him like, particularly Coloccini, so that seems like a strange observation to me.

Guest firetotheworks

Worse than:

Marcelino

Frank Dumas

David Beharall

Titus Bramble

Steve Caldwell

Gary Caldwell

Jean Alain Boumsong

Oguchi Onyewu

Paul Huntington

David Rozenhal

Cacapa

Tamas Kadar

Peter Ramage

David Edgar

Zurab Khizanishvilli

Fitz Hall

Sol Campbell

Grant Hanley

:thup: Williamson wasn't good, but his distribution was always a much bigger issue than his defending.

Guest firetotheworks

Am I wrong or didn't Bramble full on catch a ball in the middle of play? Have I imagined that?

At some point in his life he probably has. You might be think of Jenas though.

Am I wrong or didn't Bramble full on catch a ball in the middle of play? Have I imagined that?

At some point in his life he probably has. You might be think of Jenas though.

Racist Mike