Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest firetotheworks

Williamson had at least half a brain and adjusted to his limitations, which is more than can be said about Steven Taylor who seemed to think he was Nesta.

Williamson had at least half a brain and adjusted to his limitations, which is more than can be said about Steven Taylor who seemed to think he was Nesta.

Yeah, Williamson clearly knew he was crap like. He was also a better leader and organiser of a back four than Taylor who just pointed into space a lot and made stupid gestures when the Sky cameras zoomed in on him.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, Williamson clearly knew he was crap like. He was also a better leader and organiser of a back four than Taylor who just pointed into space a lot and made stupid gestures when the Sky cameras zoomed in on him.

Pointing to where he should have been and shouting at someone else was his usual trick that absolutely no one fell for.

You know according to science, there's a parallel universe somewhere where Pardew is still our manager and Williamson still one of our first-choice CBs

**shudder**

Entire afternoons are spent in that universe with a ball being hoofed to the back post, where Moke rises to head it out for a throw-in / goal kick.

Not sure I've ever seen a weaker CB than Mikey boy, a total lettuce.

IRON MIKE

The floated balls to him man. Honestly can't think of anything that has repeatedly frustrated me so much

Not sure I've ever seen a weaker CB than Mikey boy, a total lettuce.

He was absolutely shit. One of the most infuriating players we've had in our first team since i've been a supporter.

Nice lad but he had absolutely no right to be playing at the back for a PL team.

I feel there is a bit of revisionist history here. He wasn't a terrible player and we have had loads worse than him. He was average, did well in spells, did poorly in others and was a decent squad player who had some useful runs in the team. Don't see the need to demonise the guy. The floated set piece debacle was a Pardew issue and unfair to blame Williamson for his poor tactics.