Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Am I wrong or didn't Bramble full on catch a ball in the middle of play? Have I imagined that?

At some point in his life he probably has. You might be think of Jenas though.

Racist Mike

[emoji38] I never saw Jenas play for us, afaik.

Guest chopey

Was Titus was it not? I'm sure Woodgate made him look like an actual player

Woodgate was the best I've seen, he could make anyone look like a player.

I feel there is a bit of revisionist history here. He wasn't a terrible player and we have had loads worse than him. He was average, did well in spells, did poorly in others and was a decent squad player who had some useful runs in the team. Don't see the need to demonise the guy. The floated set piece debacle was a Pardew issue and unfair to blame Williamson for his poor tactics.

Agree with this.

I feel there is a bit of revisionist history here. He wasn't a terrible player and we have had loads worse than him. He was average, did well in spells, did poorly in others and was a decent squad player who had some useful runs in the team. Don't see the need to demonise the guy. The floated set piece debacle was a Pardew issue and unfair to blame Williamson for his poor tactics.

:thup: He wasn't that bad, basically Andy O'Brien mk2.

With a new brain or maybe some of those blue pills from the Bourne Legacy, maybe Bramble could have been the best defender of all time.

It was always his decision making and lack of concentration that failed him. No amount of training could reverse that.

Mike Williamson did alright in patches. He came in during a time when defenders were not priority with the club. Wish the lad luck whatever he’s doing now.

I must be in quite a small minority of people that never really rated Colo. I remember one of the first things Keegan did when he arrived is drop him to the bench.

I think we've had quite a few better centre halves, I'd even put Dabizas ahead of him.

I must be in quite a small minority of people that never really rated Colo. I remember one of the first things Keegan did when he arrived is drop him to the bench.

I think we've had quite a few better centre halves, I'd even put Dabizas ahead of him.

Coloccini started all 4 games under Keegan. If you’re going to post drivel at least back it up with facts man.

I was never a fan of colo. Good in the championship, was solid enough first season after promotion but his captain abilities were dire and his apparent complicity with the likes of paedew and carver were just despicable. I am convinced he'd be injured or banned for periods just so he could go back to Argentina for whatever his "family issues" were.

Maybe Williamson learned that trait from colo.

Again, for me, it's not just about ability but also about attitude and both of these showed nothing but contempt for the fans and this club in my eyes.

But, something else is bothering me. Anyone know if Williamson has his coaching badges? Cheap alternative if the fat man doesn't sell up and jettisons Rafa.

Coloccini started all 4 games under Keegan. If you’re going to post drivel at least back it up with facts man.

Calm down young sir, got mixed up between Keegan and Shearer. I'd remembered Colo was underperforming but misremembered which manager dropped him.

Peak Coloccini alongside this Lascelles in 15/16 rather than the finished injury-hit and rookie error prone versions would have been immense.

Ha ha mad - I said exactly that a few weeks ago!

Not sure I've ever seen a weaker CB than Mikey boy, a total lettuce.

Cacapa

[emoji38] Fucking hell forgot about him. Holy shit we've watched some shite.

That Portsmouth game :anguish:  [emoji38]

[emoji38] I have zero recollection. Was he too shit to comprehend, because I feel like that's what it has to be.

I bet some of the teamsheets from those years would reduce me to tears.

We lost the game 4-1 with Portsmouth scoring 3 in the first 10 minutes, Cacapa got absolutely destroyed by Benjani. Bad times

• 5 months later...