Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

My problem with him is that he gets dirty with shirt tugging and using his elbows and so on which might cost him more suspensions than this one, he's been very lucky to escape many bookings this season.

I am curious if you actually watch matches. Seriously. Every CB at every level tugs shirts, uses elbows and plays physically at some point in a match. All the way from Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique to the Sunday League cloggers.

Get a grip man. Learn the game and then possibly people might take you seriously.

My problem with him is that he gets dirty with shirt tugging and using his elbows and so on which might cost him more suspensions than this one, he's been very lucky to escape many bookings this season.

I am curious if you actually watch matches. Seriously. Every CB at every level tugs shirts, uses elbows and plays physically at some point in a match. All the way from Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique to the Sunday League cloggers.

Get a grip man. Learn the game and then possibly people might take you seriously.

He just does it when its unnecessary. It's not only me who thinks it to be honest, every single match the commentators are saying that he's getting lucky not to be sent off.

However, it feels pointless to argue with you since you're god almighty who have taught everyone about the game. And honestly how much do you value people who take you serious on a football forum? You're probably a fat bastard who sits infront of the computer and have nothing in life.

Cheers.

He just does it when its unnecessary. It's not only me who thinks it to be honest, every single match the commentators are saying that he's getting lucky not to be sent off.

However, it feels pointless to argue with you since you're god almighty who have taught everyone about the game. And honestly how much do you value people who take you serious on a football forum? You're probably a fat bastard who sits infront of the computer and have nothing in life.

Cheers.

Oi fuck off I haven't even said anything!

However, it feels pointless to argue with you since you're god almighty who have taught everyone about the game. And honestly how much do you value people who take you serious on a football forum? You're probably a fat b****** who sits infront of the computer and have nothing in life.

Cheers.

Oi f*** off I haven't even said anything!

:lol:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20101203/williamson-agrees-long-term-deal_2281670_2236438

Newcastle United have agreed a new five-and-a-half year contract with defender Mike Williamson.

The centre-back has been a near ever-present in The Magpies' solid start to their first season back in the top flight, having also been an integral part of the promotion-winning side of last term.

He only arrived from Portsmouth in January of this year, but his performances have been such that the club have acted to tie him down on a longer term deal.

Williamson, 27, said: "Playing in the Premier League with a club like Newcastle has been a dream for me, and I was delighted to agree a new contract to continue doing that until 2016.

"I've played in the lower leagues before, so to get the opportunity to play at St. James' Park every other week - and grounds like The Emirates and Old Trafford - is fantastic for me.

"Me and my family have settled here quickly and it's great to know that we'll be staying here for a long time to come."

Chris Hughton added: "Mike has been outstanding for us since he came here. He was somebody who I tracked for a while before we got him, and he has perhaps exceeded even the expectations we had of him.

"He has a brilliant attitude and in my opinion has been one of the best English centre-backs in the league this season. And I thoroughly believe that his best years are yet to come, so we're thrilled to have agreed the new contract."

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Entering the supposed 'Prime Years' for a defender, I can see him improving as he starts to believe in himself at Premiership Level.

Good business on semblance:

1) No chance of leaving on a free at any point in the future

2) Wage (presumably) commensurate with someone who can't think of themselves as demanding an established top-flight CB salary

:thup:

Happy with the contract extension. He's been value for money and seems like a good bloke to have in the squad (i.e: very solid, steady player and character to boot - he doesn't look like the type to be whinging to the press and/or causing general disharmony when he gets dropped).

Good move.

Sure the reported fee was more around £1 million. Which is a total steal tbh.

For someone who couldn't get a game for Portsmouth? Wake up.

You really are clued out.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you know so little.

Unless you are a WUM - in which case, well done.

I know loads.

Sure the reported fee was more around £1 million. Which is a total steal tbh.

For someone who couldn't get a game for Portsmouth? Wake up.

You really are clued out.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you know so little.

Unless you are a WUM - in which case, well done.

I know loads.

IIRC, Williamson couldn't get a game at Pompey because his fee would have risen had he played - so they couldn't afford to play him ahead of their impending financial struggles.