West Brom 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/01/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Don't really mind or care losing, but I don't really want the scoreline saying "capitulation" which it is starting to look like.

Apparently we were playing mint before the referee decided to be corrupt. ;D

If the referee had been doing his job, it'd have been 2-2 and not 1-3. I don't care if I'm not at the game, if three sets of commentators who are at the game say it's a penalty, I'll believe them.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Hopefully has similar effect as the leyton orient thrashing

This.

We drew 0-0 at home to Leeds after Leyton Orient, then 1-1 away to Dundee United

This could be a good thing. Might show our dick of an owner that we can't just coast our way past teams in this league, and we need investment. Doubt it though.

Good point tbh. If we are going to lose badly it might as well be in a meaningless cup game just before the transfer window closes. Hopefully Fatty will panic and get a couple of players in.

If the referee had been doing his job, it'd have been 2-2 and not 1-3. I don't care if I'm not at the game, if three sets of commentators who are at the game say it's a penalty, I'll believe them.

I've never heard commentators from these radio stations (who are biased, granted) so angry with bad decisions. They've been annoyed before, but I have never heard them even dare suggest there is a hatchet job from the officials, and that there should be a steward's enquiry etc. I agree with you entirely.

Sounds like we are getting served here. It might be the cup and doesn't really matter but to get this well beaten by one of our rivals will have a negative impact on our confidence, does not go well for the rest of the season.

Don't understand the team selection at all, I would have picked  11 reserves, this is a pretty strong team, and West Brom have just pissed on us big time.

If the referee had been doing his job, it'd have been 2-2 and not 1-3

You've not even seen it man. How do you know we'd have scored it?

I don't care if I've not seen. A penalty is a penalty whether I see it or Malcolm McDonald does man.

Didn't even say it was pen on the radio man.

You know most managers/owners might look at a performance like this (and Monday's) and do something to rectify it in the transfer window. Unfortunately our lot will point to being top of the league and white wash over it as a blip.

I've never heard commentators from these radio stations (who are biased, granted) so angry with bad decisions. They've been annoyed before, but I have never heard them even dare suggest there is a hatchet job from the officials, and that there should be a steward's enquiry etc. I agree with you entirely.

Aye. There've been incidents in the past (Fulham - Viduka for example) and they've been angry but never like this. I thought they were so close to putting their mics down and going to down to pitchside to nut the f***er themselves :lol:

Didn't even say it was pen on the radio man.

They did on mine