West Brom 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 23/01/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

Is it just me who suddenyly deosn't want WBA to get promoted this season?

Us, Forest and Cardiff will do nicely.

Cos they've shown up our weaknesses very efficiently over the last two games?

No, becausa they always go up and come stright back down but are vitually garunteed that they go back up again. And on Monday they went out and hacked us, and today lead by goal that may not crossed the line and a dodgy penalty.

They may have played dirty yes, but they also out played us with the ball as well. We're a team with no midfield skill and an owner who isn't going to invest any money to rectify that.

Doesn't sound particularly good from the Guthrie/Smith partnership lots of us (including me) have wanted. Barely heard either of their names mentioned.

Not being an Ass thats why many in this forum usually complain about certain things with our indepth knowledge. I am glad this one is going to bed from now on.

I dont think this proves that central midfield wouldnt work. I think Nolan/Carroll upfront are rubbish outlets unless you're playing long ball.

Guthrie has been slated by Supermac for his display, but I take your point, Nolan and Carroll have been woeful outlets.

Don't worry lads, we were never going the fa cup anyway... we'll get promoted, have faith in the squad and get behind the team!

Will we fuck get promoted. We play shit, negative Football and our luck has seemingly ran out.

I think FA cup weekends make it even worse when you see the likes of reading and leeds etc having a go at teams where as we just turn up and don't even try to win.. I'm all for concentrating on the league but you'd like to think whatever 11 we put out, they'd at least give Brom a game.

Can't believe the shit excuses on the radio about making changes being the reason for us losing. Kadar and maybe Pancrate are the only players who aren't regular starters.

And Krul, and Ryan Taylor at right back.

Agree with your point though. It's not as if we're normally any good.

Hughton needs to start earning his money now. Seems that the players were motivating and sorting themselves out. Now that's stopped, he needs to become a manager.

was like this with roeder too. everything was fine after souness left but at the first sign of a slump he couldn't lift the players out of it.

I'd take Nolan and Pancrate off now and bring on LuaLua and Ranger, Hughton will do noting until half way through the second half at the earliest.

More like nothing until the 85th minute.

Yep...nothing's gonna happen even if it were like the prefect chance to give it a try for LuaLua as it's Hughton who's pulling the strings! No way we're gonna turn this game around anymore...so why not throw the youngster in?