Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

I hope we sign the lad but we still DESPERATELY need some pace and energy in the centre of midfield because the lack of it us why we are overrun and look so poor practically every game. I do agree with ronaldo when he says jonas's passing is too erratic but I would still be very tempted to play him centre mid purely for the fact he has some mobility, he will hassle the opposition and can bring the ball out. Guthrie is more creative than anything we have but is almost as immobile as Smith and Nolan and is just as likely to disappear in the centre.

Moses would be a good signing but little will change until we get some mobility in the centre, in fantasy world Barton comes back and turns the clock back to his city days when he dominated the midfield and drove his team forward. I have little hope of that though.

Guest Heneage

I hope we sign the lad but we still DESPERATELY need some pace and energy in the centre of midfield because the lack of it us why we are overrun and look so poor practically every game. I do agree with ronaldo when he says jonas's passing is too erratic but I would still be very tempted to play him centre mid purely for the fact he has some mobility, he will hassle the opposition and can bring the ball out. Guthrie is more creative than anything we have but is almost as immobile as Smith and Nolan and is just as likely to disappear in the centre.

Moses would be a good signing but little will change until we get some mobility in the centre, in fantasy world Barton comes back and turns the clock back to his city days when he dominated the midfield and drove his team forward. I have little hope of that though.

They get passed around every game. It sounds so cliché to say, but a nice ball winning midfielder who can pass, next to someone with a bit of craft and dare I say creativity would help us wonders. Right now we have a rash tackling former striker, and a chronically unfit attacking midfielder who looks more and more like a second striker as the day progresses.

back on subject this is what the times is saying in their window watch

Newcastle United offered £1.5 million up front for Victor Moses, the Crystal Palace forward, last night, matching the bid made by West Bromwich Albion.

Palace, who are in administration, are hoping to raise more for the 19-year-old, who has attracted interest from Nottingham Forest, Fulham and Manchester City. West Ham United have offered an initial £500,000 rising to about £2 million, but the deal is less attractive to Palace because they require significant funds this month.

Guest firetotheworks

Has the recession finally hit all but Man City within English football, or is that just the Mail getting it seriously wrong?

Is he really as highly-rated as people are making out? I can't see why any half-decent Premier League side wouldn't outbid us with ease if so. Anything under £5m is hardly much of a gamble. £1.5m?

Is he really as highly-rated as people are making out? I can't see why any half-decent Premier League side wouldn't outbid us with ease if so. Anything under £5m is hardly much of a gamble.

Perhaps they're waiting to see how he progresses before taking him off our/someone elses hands in a year or two's time.

Is he really as highly-rated as people are making out? I can't see why any half-decent Premier League side wouldn't outbid us with ease if so. Anything under £5m is hardly much of a gamble. £1.5m?

it appears all prem teams bar city are broke and any deal which they do they'd want over a few years, palace need cash now though

People keep going on about strikers and midfielders - does nobody think we need a bit more cover in defence?  Any news on Taylor and Enrique?  Another couple of knocks back there and we're fucked.  The defence is the main reason we're top.

People keep going on about strikers and midfielders - does nobody think we need a bit more cover in defence?  Any news on Taylor and Enrique?  Another couple of knocks back there and we're f***ed.  The defence is the main reason we're top.

We sign two players in that position already and in talks with two more do we need more than that?

Newcastle United offered £1.5 million up front for Victor Moses, the Crystal Palace forward, last night, matching the bid made by West Bromwich Albion.

Palace, who are in administration, are hoping to raise more for the 19-year-old, who has attracted interest from Nottingham Forest, Fulham and Manchester City. West Ham United have offered an initial £500,000 rising to about £2 million, but the deal is less attractive to Palace because they require significant funds this month.

The key part in that is the upfront bit. Think someone already mentioned it, but MA did go on a bit about paying fro transfers upfront and not staggering payments anymore. Could actually work out to our advantage in the transfer market, as it will certainly appeal to the selling clubs who will always want as much money as they can get in straight away.

People keep going on about strikers and midfielders - does nobody think we need a bit more cover in defence?  Any news on Taylor and Enrique?  Another couple of knocks back there and we're f***ed.  The defence is the main reason we're top.

We sign two players in that position already and in talks with two more do we need more than that?

If Taylor and Enrique are out for the next month or 2 we've got a backline of Simpson-Williamson-Colo-Kadar, with only Ryan Taylor as cover.  If 1 or 2 of them get knocks or bans then I'll be getting a bit tetchy.  Maybe they'll sign someone on loan if that happens, but I think we're looking a bit light back there.

That sounds almost as crazy as the idea of playing Milner through the middle. Which daft beggar thought that one up?

The key part in that is the upfront bit. Think someone already mentioned it, but MA did go on a bit about paying fro transfers upfront and not staggering payments anymore. Could actually work out to our advantage in the transfer market, as it will certainly appeal to the selling clubs who will always want as much money as they can get in straight away.

it may especially help in this case as apart from city who the hell in the prem has much money to offer up front for a player?

Imagine if we had Chris Eagles. He'd be perfect for us to sign in the summer imo.

Not seen him this season but I was very impressed with what I saw last season & if he is producing it in the Prem he definitely worth a look.

Anyhoo, I have not seen the lad Moses play, what is his best position of is he a bit like most players of that age and doesn't really have one yet, see: Walcott, Theo.