Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

very fair and substantial offer, nufc his preferred option and club are optimistic. Football decision not financial :cheesy: (SSN)

Who is running NUFC and what have they done with Mike Ashley?

Hi vision for the club is now apparent!  :frantic:

:celb:

Still, lets wait until he signs.  IF we get him.

Guest Roger Kint

So, who is saying NUFC preferred option and football decision not financial? Is that the agent, administrators or us?

How could it be us or the administrators saying its fotball not financial? :facepalm:

very fair and substantial offer, nufc his preferred option and club are optimistic. Football decision not financial :cheesy: (SSN)

Who is running NUFC and what have they done with Mike Ashley?

Hi vision for the club is now apparent!  :frantic:

:celb:

Still, lets wait until he signs.  IF we get him.

Run it as bad as possible for two and a half years and act like he's the one saving us when he starts the rebuilding process?

Craig David on now, NUFC optimistic, sources close to Moses say we're his preferred choice, got a taste of St Jame's the other night and CD speculates that he was impressed and that's where his agent's "footballing decision" comes from.

Because Ashley paid off most of our large debts that would have needed refinancing and reorganised a working capital loan with BArclays and keeps lumping in £20m or so every now and then.  Without him, we most certainly would be like every other club. 

Yup, deserves some credit for the debt thing. No excuse for every other mistake he's made mind, but that bit he got right.

He had to pay it off. It's not like he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

It's amazing how some fans just don't seem to realise the position we would have been in had that debt still been around the club.  It's quite fortunate really, in a sick kind of way.

You do know why the money had to be repaid, don't you?

Yes I do but I don't give a crap why he had to pay it off. 

It's gone and the repayments have gone too and the prospect of it needing to be refinanced in the future has gone aswell. The debts that remain are largely unsecured now, players fees, Ashley etc.

I don't think Barclays would have been so agreeable to a £20m or £40m overdraft (whichever it ended up being) if that debt and those repayments were still on the books.  We would have been in the exact same position as W Ham, Portsmouth etc etc stuck with a debt we couldn't pay off with an owner not willing to pay in any money to sort it out.

There's no way Ashley would have paid that debt off if he had not have had to. Imagine that at the beginning of this season when the negotiations with Barclays were happening.  It was fortunate it was just a few overpaid players we had to sell to get them to back us as it could have been a whole load worse.

is ashley continues to invest in young promising talent and adds to it with quality in the summer - even on a budget - then i and a lot of the fans that sit around me are willing to give another chance. we feel like a stable club at the moment and slowly inching forewards - i know he's taken us backwards a lot but sometimes just need to move on. still a long way to go yet but may be ashley is starting to actually see sense.

is ashley continues to invest in young promising talent and adds to it with quality in the summer - even on a budget - then i and a lot of the fans that sit around me are willing to give another chance. we feel like a stable club at the moment and slowly inching forewards - i know he's taken us backwards a lot but sometimes just need to move on. still a long way to go yet but may be ashley is starting to actually see sense.

Don't be so stupid. He needs hunting with dogs

He's doing everything to make sure we get promoted to the Premiership then he'll flog us.

Nailed on.

He's doing everything to make sure we get promoted to the Premiership then he'll flog us.

Nailed on.

Would have all been loans, I reckon the only way he'd sell us is if he gets back everything hes put into the club.  I don't think he wants to sell us tbh.

To be honest, I'm not too worried about Ashley's motives in the short term. We need to get promoted otherwise we risk fading into obscurity, this window should hopefully have given us a far greater chance of achieving this. This doesn't mean I forgive him or back him (or want to have anal sex with him), just that in the short term we need to focus on getting up.