Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

It aint upto the administrators,  they need to sell before monday,  Final decision rests with the player,  If say forest bid more money, but the player wants newcastle, then they cannot force him out , they would have to accept where the player wants to goto regardless of the money offered.

They'll try and force through the highest bidder and tell him he's not got much option. If another team wants to match the highest bid then they can talk to him, otherwise no chance. It's not like the lad is going to stay out of spite is it? Any of the 3 clubs at the top is a better option than where he's at right now.

Utter bollocks tbh.

Just going by what his agent said in the interview on SSN last night,  It aint upto the administrators,  They cannot force him to a club if he does not want to go,  He will go to the club which is best for him regardless, so if that means to a team that bid less money, there is not alot the administrators can do,  they have just a few days left to get him out the club.

i was wondering what would happen in that situation. say we bid 200k less but he wanted to come here. surely the administrators would have to give in or risk missing out on the sale altogether.

They'd stand firm as a club like Manu could offer a misely million and he'd obviously want to go there rather than say WBA who offered £3-4m. Moses really doesn't have much choice.

that's totally different though as you're talking about a huge difference in the size of the bids.

To be honest, how many times do Premiership clubs actually buy young players from Championship clubs, particularly ones who have never played in the Premier League. The odd one or two might go to Bolton, Stoke or clubs of that ilk but certainly not the top teams. Only Arsenal have done it recently I think with Ramsay (waits to be proved wrong with a list as long as my arm of just such players).

Spurs and Gareth Bale?

Walcott to Arsenal

Kyle Naughton to Spurs

Earnshaw to WBA

Nugent to Pompey

Off the top of my head, and that's just players that never were in the PL before. Surely there are tons more.

Guest firetotheworks

There's been loads. Walcott, Ramsay, Young, Delph, Foster, Bale, Huddlestone, Lennon, Robbie Keane, Danny Rose. Just off the top of my head.

The administrators will hold out for a good price, but they have no reason to risk a deal falling through by only accepting one bid (the highest). More likely they will accept all the decent bids and the player will have his pick.

Administrators want to get money back, but they also want to act quickly and get rid of assets for good prices without taking too many risks.

Its a long shot, but i am glad we have given it a punt (should the reports be true).

Would like to think we should be pipping Forest and WBA for his signature but who knows!

If those really are the only three bids then I think we could well pull it off.

Problem is if someone in the Premiership decides to take a punt.

Guest firetotheworks

Young played for a Premier League side.

:lol: I wish I could say I was fishing, but I thought you had went down when he was signed. Didn't realise it was in the January.

Guest toonlass

Am I wrong in thinking that clubs like Sunderland, Wigan, Burnley etc would be already placing bids with the Palace administrators now that they are considering bids from us, Forest and WBA if they were really interested?

TBH, I know next to nothing about him, as I have lost interest in watching other teams now we are out of the PL, but, fuck me, having read all this thread and you lot  :fwap: over him, I am excited too!

Then the reality of sooooo many previous let downs kick in, and me thinks he aint gonna come, and I am gonna be disappointed that a player I know fuck all about (even his position) signs for someone else. I think I prefer Ashleys 'suprise suprise' way of dealing.  :undecided:

Guest firetotheworks

Am I wrong in thinking that clubs like Sunderland, Wigan, Burnley etc would be already placing bids with the Palace administrators now that they are considering bids from us, Forest and WBA if they were really interested?

I doubt there's any set pattern or logic to when the bids will go in other than the teams spending time considering whether to make a bid or not, sorting whatever needs to be sorted out and then doing so.

Right, but Carroll was in that team. There's no way he'd fit into any team trying to play football.

Serious question:

I know you have your reservations about Carroll. But what did you think of both his goals against WBA in the cup?

Both good goals, shame it seems to happen very, very rarely.

Yes, but don't they tell you something about the lad's ability? You must admit that he has bags of potential (not only going by those 2 goals, but his general play), and if channeled correctly by a manager, he could flourish?

Am surprised no premiership clubs have bid for him already tbh.

Most of them are skint to be fair.

Was listening to the radio last night and the mackems thought they were in for him. It was a horrible  :fwap:fest of "I spotted Victor Moses" in the Bridges if emails to the legends were to be believed.  :lol:

Selling Jones and buying him wouldn't be such a bad move?

You saw him at 21 then. :rolleyes:

If you read up on his career, even for 2 minutes,  which isnt the hardest thing to do with the powers of the internet .. it would all say the same.. Drogba was wank for the majority of his pro career.

Guest kingdawson

There's been loads. Walcott, Ramsay, Young, Delph, Foster, Bale, Huddlestone, Lennon, Robbie Keane, Danny Rose. Just off the top of my head.

Dawson too.

If you read up on his career, even for 2 minutes,  which isnt the hardest thing to do with the powers of the internet .. it would all say the same.. Drogba was w*** for the majority of his pro career.

Words fail me. This comment arrives in a conversation in arguement about Andy Carroll btw from a bloke with a Michael Owen avatar. :lol:

Guest toonlass

If you read up on his career, even for 2 minutes,  which isnt the hardest thing to do with the powers of the internet .. it would all say the same.. Drogba was w*** for the majority of his pro career.

Words fail me. This comment arrives in a conversation in arguement about Andy Carroll btw from a bloke with a Michael Owen avatar. :lol:

We'll be comparing Beckford to Andy Cole next!  :yikes: