Victor Moses joins Wigan Athletic

Stifler

My mate is a tattooist in London and sometimes tattoos one or two of the QPR squad. He tattooed Jake Cole quite a few times as well as his brother. A few weeks ago he tattooed a player called Fitz Hall who to be honest I'd never heard of. Apparently he told my mate he was off to Newcastle/wanted to go to Newcastle.

I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but now the Sky Sports website says we are tipped to sign him???

Wonder what thats all about?

My mate is a tattooist in London and sometimes tattoos one or two of the QPR squad. He tattooed Jake Cole quite a few times as well as his brother. A few weeks ago he tattooed a player called Fitz Hall who to be honest I'd never heard of.

Has the nickname "One Size"

Nothing hopefully. Fitz hall is one of the worst defenders i've ever seen in the top two divisons.

Maybe wishful thinking on his behalf then. Sky sports seem to think we're leading the chase for his signature though..

My mate is a tattooist in London and sometimes tattoos one or two of the QPR squad. He tattooed Jake Cole quite a few times as well as his brother. A few weeks ago he tattooed a player called Fitz Hall who to be honest I'd never heard of.

Has the nickname "One Size"

Yeah thats what he said. hahaha

I heard some half baked story at the match, Lockwood was on Century pre-game and had passed Moses in the tunnell, who had been told to "get changed, the deal's fallen through." I can't make sense of it, did anybody actually hear it?

I have to say it also seems Hughton might very well be the first manager who really has MAs respect.

Or maybe a case of Ashley simply doing what he should have been doing all along...2 years too late.

If we just managed to stay up in the prem and MA brought in the likes of Wayne Routledge, Williamson and Moses how do you think it would have been received?

It's easier for him to go after these sorts given our current position, as most feel that they are at least good enough for this level.

In my eyes they all have potential for greater things though. MA wants to gamble on younger more obscure talent that is cheap essentially. Putting a huge amount of faith in scouting etc.

Very tough to do when in the prem and pushing for Europe though. People want to see big price tags. The irony is of course that if we end up with Williamson, Routledge and Moses they will most likely go on to outdo the likes of £8 million Boumsong, £15 million Owen and £9 million Luque.

Moyes has made a living off doing this all of his time at Everton. Look at the names ... Cahill, Lescott, Jagielka, Pienaar - none cost up to £5 million I don't think.

See what happens when everyone just gives the sensitive fat guy a bit of space and lets him follow his blueprint?

:laugh:

Moses completely fits the profile of what Ashley has always claimed he wanted to go after, and this really is a great opportunity. It looks like prem clubs have opted out, likely due to his age and lack of experience, as most January shoppers are looking for immediate impact players.

He will get regular football with us now, with the opportunity to cement a place in the team, hopefully then going into the prem next season.

Make the right choice kiddo!  :coolsmiley:

we haven't signed him yet, and it is a lot easier to spend small sums in the championship than it is to spend real money for top flight players. it is definitely positive that we are investing now, but there's a bloody long way for ashley to go just to get us back and established in the premiership, ie, back to square one.

what happens if you spend lots on top flight players and make big losses doing so ?

don't know what that's got to do with the topic tbh. btw im not suggesting he do this right now. what we need at this point are players who can help us get promoted. in the summer, provided we go up, is when the real work starts.

Can't see us getting him. Fairly sure the administrators at Palace are hawking him round as he's probaly the one player they've got who's worth a lot of cash and can pay a lot of bills. Also fairly sure there will be bigger and better clubs in for him who could easily outbid us, Forest or WBA.

Nice to be in for him but don't think we stand a chance of getting him. More's the pity.

Blimey. Can't say I've seen much of him, but if he's as good as people are making out, we can't let him go to West Brom or Forest.

Would be nice to see it come off just because of the excitement it would create.

Guest toonlass

Can't see us getting him. Fairly sure the administrators at Palace are hawking him round as he's probaly the one player they've got who's worth a lot of cash and can pay a lot of bills. Also fairly sure there will be bigger and better clubs in for him who could easily outbid us, Forest or WBA.

Nice to be in for him but don't think we stand a chance of getting him. More's the pity.

Am pretty sure they could have gotten money for Ambrose too.

yes, in releasing news of championship clubs making bids it definitely looks like they are trying to entirce more bidders from higher up who might be prepared to spend more. remains to be seen if anyone bites.

See what happens when everyone just gives the sensitive fat guy a bit of space and lets him follow his blueprint?

:laugh:

Moses completely fits the profile of what Ashley has always claimed he wanted to go after, and this really is a great opportunity. It looks like prem clubs have opted out, likely due to his age and lack of experience, as most January shoppers are looking for immediate impact players.

He will get regular football with us now, with the opportunity to cement a place in the team, hopefully then going into the prem next season.

Make the right choice kiddo!  :coolsmiley:

we haven't signed him yet, and it is a lot easier to spend small sums in the championship than it is to spend real money for top flight players. it is definitely positive that we are investing now, but there's a bloody long way for ashley to go just to get us back and established in the premiership, ie, back to square one.

what happens if you spend lots on top flight players and make big losses doing so ?

don't know what that's got to do with the topic tbh. btw im not suggesting he do this right now. what we need at this point are players who can help us get promoted. in the summer, provided we go up, is when the real work starts.

it had to do with the post of yours i replied to.

as for the subject topic........depends how much. he's a player who's came through very quickly and to be fair in the couple of place games i've seen he hasn't stood out.

I heard some half baked story at the match, Lockwood was on Century pre-game and had passed Moses in the tunnell, who had been told to "get changed, the deal's fallen through." I can't make sense of it, did anybody actually hear it?

He was taking the piss out of the Mackem commentators who were creaming themselves that they had been linked with him, he said something like "The coach said get changed, the Sunderland deal's fallen through... Torquay have stuck in a bid instead though." :lol:

anyone else think we might have just bid as we know we not get him. just a PR stunt by the FCB????? so it looks like he willing to part with some of his "DONNAY" money

Yes. It wouldn't surprise me.

Nor me, happens every window.