Leicester City 0-0 Newcastle United - 30/01/10 - Post match reaction from p25

Nate

Butt, Smith, Nolan and Carroll are all complete and utter turd

Pancrate is equally honk.

The shambles in front of the back four are nowt short of pathetic.

Lovenkrands, Ranger, Jonas, Routledge all need to be playing for us to look like a team from now on.

Promotion? I don't fucking think so.

Miserable performance, and shocking selection from Hughton. Fair enough if Jonas wasn't fit enough to get on, he should have played 4-4-2 at least from half time and gone at them like the plague.

On a positive note, Williamson looks the part, very very impressed with his reading of the game, strength and technical ability. Van Aanholt was alright too. Routledge played well too.

The midfield and strikers were piss apart from that.

Lovenkrands, Ranger, Jonas, Routledge all need to be playing for us to look like a team from now on.

Promotion? I don't fucking think so.

Calm it. :lol: We're still sitting pretty at the top, we just can't kill teams off - as has been proven time and again. Normally we sneak one but we've hit a serious dry patch recently.

If it's not Moses then it needs to be some fucker.

Whilst Smith, Butt and Nolan all deserve criticsim, Danny Guthrie was no better. Out of position or not, he needs to be offering a lot more than that no show.

What's embarrassing is the kneejerk on here. We're not playing good football, sure. But we're getting results and we're still looking comfortable on to of the league headed towards promotion. And I don't care how s*** we might play, as long as we pick up enough points along the way. It's obvious we're bound to have a few slip-ups over such a long campaign, but overall we're still doing the biz, be it with s*** football or not.

We havent been doing the biz recently, thats the whole problem. Forest caught 12 points on us, we're no longer playing shite and winning consistantly as shown by today.

Dont understand why people keep using this argument

Guthrie was the biggest disappointment for me. Looked slow, lacking in ideas, and generally wanted far too much time on the ball. Bit like Barton whenever he's played in this season, there seems to be some sort of underlying arrogant mentality where we have a combination of a player thinking he's better than he is on top of thinking the opposition are shitter than they are.

He needs to go back to how he was playing in the Premiership. Keep it simple and sharp. It may be a step down, but he hasn't got the right set of attributes to be dwelling on the ball or dribbling at the opposition regularly.

Positives:

Williamson looks class

Routledge looks class

Van Aarnolt looks decent going forward

Negatives:

shit Tactics

shit Passing

shit Movement

Nolan

Smith

Butt

Carroll

Guthrie on the cunting left wing

shit shooting

shit crossing

shit set pieces

no desire

shit heading

R Taylor

no urgency

no spectacular defensive overhead kicks

Probably loads of other stuff as well

I'm off for a fag. :facepalm:

Guthrie was the biggest disappointment for me. Looked slow, lacking in ideas, and generally wanted far too much time on the ball. Bit like Barton whenever he's played in this season, there seems to be some sort of arrogant mentality where we have a combination of a player thinking he's better than he is, as well as thinking the opposition are shitter than they are.

He needs to go back to how he was playing in the Premiership. Keep it simple and sharp. It may be a step down, but he hasn't got the right set of attributes to be dwelling on the ball or dribbling at the opposition regularly.

You cant be serious. After that game you choose to pick out Guthrie?  :lol:

Disgraceful performance.

Nolan & Carroll especially want shooting for the steaming pile of shit that they served up tonight.  One was a completely non entity offering nothing to the team, the other had no idea how to control or pass the ball or find space.  Frankly, we were lucky that Carroll's stupidity didn't reward Leicester with a penalty.

I've no idea what Hughton's plan was for tonight, I suspect that he doesn't really know either.

What's embarrassing is the kneejerk on here. We're not playing good football, sure. But we're getting results and we're still looking comfortable on to of the league headed towards promotion. And I don't care how s*** we might play, as long as we pick up enough points along the way. It's obvious we're bound to have a few slip-ups over such a long campaign, but overall we're still doing the biz, be it with s*** football or not.

We havent been doing the biz recently, thats the whole problem. Forest caught 12 points on us, we're no longer playing shite and winning consistantly as shown by today.

Dont understand why people keep using this argument

Because our "poor run" isn't even a poor run, we've not lost (bar in the cup) for ages, and Forest have caught as many points on us as they have because they've had an immense run which might be running out of steam now. WBA is still around the same distance, and you're all saying they're our only "real" competitors for the title as Forest is just on a run.

Leicester are a good side. Sure, you had a man's advantage for most of the game, but a solid side galvanised by a sending off, holding out for 90 minutes really isn't that surprising. It's as though you think you should be wiping away pathetic little teams like Leicester, every week, when reality the difference between your two squads isn't as big as you'd like and they seem far more motivated (this point may be the actual problem).

Whilst Smith, Butt and Nolan all deserve criticsim, Danny Guthrie was no better. Out of position or not, he needs to be offering a lot more than that no show.

Was shit when moved infield n all. Was a disaster on the LW, wouldve been better putting the new lad there and Kadar at FB.

Guest Heneage

Promotion? I don't f***ing think so.

Calm it. :lol: We're still sitting pretty at the top, we just can't kill teams off - as has been proven time and again. Normally we sneak one but we've hit a serious dry patch recently.

If it's not Moses then it needs to be some f***er.

I see his point, it's games like this you see teams of the past have won with ease. Wolves last year were winning these games.

His selection was barmy, and his unwillingness to change after they went a man down was just scary, then he brings on a lad who has scored twice, both of which were by a strikers sandards easy chances, and leaves Lovenkrands off, and Jonas off.

First reaction is to blame Hughton, however loading the midfield early on with 5 when you've got a lot of the first 11 out away from home away isn't the worse decision in the world. Not what I would have done, but a lot of managers these days would do the same. Nolan, Smith, Butt, Taylor are all shocking, and to be fair he took two of them off. We're only allowed 3 subs so can't fault him too much for that.

Bottom line is that too many of the players who played well earlier in the season are playing below par thinking they've got promotion in the bag.

Have to admit I started the season not even that sure we would make the play offs. We had a great start, with Nolan and Smith playing well, and a lot of luck. Maybe we're not as good as we think. Recent games seem to suggest not.

If we had reversed the results around, and had a lot of crap performances early on, as we expected, and then had the early results now, we would be absolutely over the moon. Maybe we're just as bad as the rest of this league, but had our good games in the first half of the season.