Leicester City 0-0 Newcastle United - 30/01/10 - Post match reaction from p25

Nate

Aye, let's shout "sack the manager" on here when we're comfortably top of the league. Because that makes perfect sense.

No just asking for basic simple tactics and playing the right players - every one can see it so in my opinion it's bad management to not see what a blind mind can see - it's game after fucking game

Leicester are a good side. Sure, you had a man's advantage for most of the game, but a solid side galvanised by a sending off, holding out for 90 minutes really isn't that surprising. It's as though you think you should be wiping away pathetic little teams like Leicester, every week, when reality the difference between your two squads isn't as big as you'd like and they seem far more motivated (this point may be the actual problem).

This,maybe some people think we are better than we are.

I'm sorry but this is just pretentious - high-horse bollocks. People are complaining that we let a side, who've lost three on the bounce, not scored in four, just play out their game when they were down to ten men - showing no attempt to attack them until the last ten/fifteen minutes.

This whole thing about us 'demanding' victories is a fucking myth. No one sees it as a given right, people would just rather we attempted to go for it a bit more often, which is absolutely fair enough.

How is Carroll a professional footballer btw? Any other club would have sold him to Stevenage.

Yeah an english u21 forward who cleared all there corners its the midfield people should be blaming not carroll

Guthrie was the biggest disappointment for me. Looked slow, lacking in ideas, and generally wanted far too much time on the ball. Bit like Barton whenever he's played in this season, there seems to be some sort of arrogant mentality where we have a combination of a player thinking he's better than he is, as well as thinking the opposition are shitter than they are.

He needs to go back to how he was playing in the Premiership. Keep it simple and sharp. It may be a step down, but he hasn't got the right set of attributes to be dwelling on the ball or dribbling at the opposition regularly.

You cant be serious. After that game you choose to pick out Guthrie?  :lol:

Very serious.

Those who played worse than him, it's only to be expected. Butt, Nolan, Smith and Carroll were all woeful, but we expect that - Butt's been finished for years, Nolan is shit/useless if he's not scoring, Smith is shot and goes missing, and Carroll thinks he's in an ice rink.

Guthrie, like Barton, is better than that lot, but he's playing like a knob imo.

Trying not to be a complete idiot and overboard like some on here, my views are these;

Harper -6 Quiet enough day had a couple of stops to make

Taylor- 6 His crossess caused problems for them, shaky at the back

Williamson- 8 Won everything, let down by midfield

Coloccini- 7 Barely put a foot wrong

Aanholt(sp)- 8 Looked brilliant going forward

Routledge- 7 One of our few bright players

Butt- 4 Shit, usual dross

Smith- 5 Poor as recent form

Guthrie- 6 At least got involved toward the end

Nolan- 5 Apart from one shot at the start was invisible

Carroll- 5 Won a few early headers, then was useless toward the end

Ranger- 7 Should have started, looked sharp.

Pancrate- 6 Actually thought he was ok

Really should have beaten a very poor 10 man Leicester. However, i think when Jonas returns he will link up well with the dutch lad, which is a plus for the period that Jose is out.

The thing is, it was painful to watch, and our players made it look like a long hard slog. The CCC is exactly that though, and I do get what Kaizero is having a fit about. No one's happy about our inability to put teams like Leicester (with 10 men) to the sword. But again, it's a marathon and not a sprint. We're still top, go away with a point, still unbeaten, and another clean sheet.

Despite his shocking tactics, maybe we should have a bit more faith in Hughton?

Leicester are shite man. That's why they didn't beat us when we were - by all accounts - utter fuckin gturd. They went down to ten men and just carried on letting them play their game. If we'd begged them back from the 30th minute till the 90th - like we should have done - they'd have tired eventually and let one slip, inevitably - or certainly would have come close to. Going at it for the last fifteen minutes only was inexcusable on our part.

Stop standing up for the league. It's garbage.

I'm not 'standing up for the league'. I'm saying that you're as symptomatic of the 'lack of quality' you ascribe to this league as much as other teams, who judging from the reaction on this thread, you claim to have divine right to walk all over. You're a good side, but there are a few good sides in this league, hence why it's not necessarily surprising that *shock-horror* you drew away against another good side in this division, who from watching the game, were galvanised by going a man down, more than anything.

Leicester are a good side. Sure, you had a man's advantage for most of the game, but a solid side galvanised by a sending off, holding out for 90 minutes really isn't that surprising. It's as though you think you should be wiping away pathetic little teams like Leicester, every week, when reality the difference between your two squads isn't as big as you'd like and they seem far more motivated (this point may be the actual problem).

This,maybe some people think we are better than we are.

I'm sorry but this is just pretentious - high-horse bollocks. People are complaining that we let a side, who've lost three on the bounce, not scored in four, just play out their game when they were down to ten men - showing no attempt to attack them until the last ten/fifteen minutes.

This whole thing about us 'demanding' victories is a fucking myth. No one sees it as a given right, people would just rather we attempted to go for it a bit more often, which is absolutely fair enough.

this, all we're asking for is evidence of testicles.

Harper 7 - Good saves today

Taylor 5.5 - Cant pass at all, his crossing is hit and miss.

Williamson 8 - Solid, MOTM for me.

Colo 8  - Same as Williamson

Van Aaholt 6.5 - Huffed and Puffed, has a stinging cross on him and a good shot as well.

Routledge 6 - Should have passed that ball back to Carroll, he shot with an impossible angle.

Butt 1 - Fuck off man.

Smith 5 - Alright, he offers nothing, nothing at all, only good defensively.

Guthrie 6 - Play him in the middle, or you might as well not play him.

Nolan 4.5 - Invisible, tired and unfit.

Carroll 5 - Won headers, but apart from that was poor. Cannot play up on his own.

Ranger 5 - His shooting and finishing is VERY hit and miss, I wouldnt bet on him scoring some of the easiest chances.

Pancake 6 - Better than Smith when he came on.

Im sorry but if this team gets promoted then HUghton needs to go immediately, the guy clearly has not got a fucking clue of how to select a team and motivate one to attack an opposition..60 FUCKING minutes they had 10 men for and our shower of shit didnt have the ability to break them down

PROS

Van Aanholt............you can tell he trains with class

Cons

R Taylor.........who ever told this pile of shit that he is a footballer should be reported

Butt.........Just fuck off

Carrol....What a complete plank this lad is complete and utter shite worse centre forward ive seen in 30 years that in cludes Whitehurst,Cunningham,Reilly,Pingel.Rob Mcdonald

Nolan.............Clogger

Guthrie.......This lad is just an awful awful excuse for a footballer no skill or vision in midfield treats the ball like its some kind of bomb primed to explode....just piss off

Right, i've had a fag now so I can be a bit more objective

Hopefully this is our blip for the season. We're playing shit but we're still picking up points.

Our full strength team will be a world away from that shower of shite but we need to start being more positive away from home.

Looking forward to seeing this team at some point:

...........................Harper

Simpson......Taylor......Colo.......Enrique

Routledge...Smith.......Guthrie...Jonas

.................Loven........Ameobi

If Nicky But was a racehorse he'd be getting served up with onions to drooling frenchmen right now. Useless cunt!

That's all for now!

Trying not to be a complete idiot and overboard like some on here, my view are these;

Harper -6 Quiet enough day had a couple of stops to make

Taylor- 6 His crossess caused problems for them, shaky at the back

Williamson- 8 Won everything, let down by midfield

Coloccini- 7 Barely put a foot wrong

Aanholt(sp)- 8 Looked brilliant going forward

Routledge- 7 One of our few bright players

Butt- 4 s***, usual dross

Smith- 5 Poor as recent form

Guthrie- 6 At least got involved toward the end

Nolan- 5 Apart from one shot at the start was invisible

Carroll- 5 Won a few early headers, then was useless toward the end

Ranger- 7 Should have started, looked sharp.

Pancrate- 6 Actually thought he was ok

Really should have beaten a very poor 10 man Leicester. However, i think when Jonas returns he will link up well with the dutch lad, which is a plus for the period that Jose is out.

I think you gave Taylor and Guthrie more than they deserve..

The 'knee-jerkers' are almost about as tedious as those who come into every match thread saying "us fans think we're better than we are". It's nonsense.

People here are whinging that: we let a fucking shit team, who were down to ten, just play out their game as if nothing had happened - for almost ninety minutes. People are complaining that we didn't exploit their gaps and use our strengths to kill off their weaknesses. It happens time and again. We don't have a GOd-given right to win, but we should have a God-given right to fucking try to win.

An hour against ten men you would expect to create chances.

What you're saying is the result isn't a disaster but you've failed to acknowledge what was a very poor performance.

I'm not sure why Hughton waited half an hour to throw Ranger on. When Leicester went a man behind we should have upped the tempo, gone more attacking and tried to capitalise but it was the usual cautious football and long punts up to Carroll.

I think Carroll's very lucky to be in the team as he offers little and I don't think opposition managers fear us when they see him in the lineup. Espescially alongside Nolan, it's a slow front line and they'll hold a high defensive line, congest our midfield. He doesn't score goals and he doesn't provide goals, he doesn't really hold the ball up either, yet he is playing in one of the most important positions. I know it's untested but with our current personnel I'd go with Ranger and Lovenkrands.

This performance further underlines our need for a quality striker.

Leicester are s**** man. That's why they didn't beat us when we were - by all accounts - utter fuckin gturd. They went down to ten men and just carried on letting them play their game. If we'd begged them back from the 30th minute till the 90th - like we should have done - they'd have tired eventually and let one slip, inevitably - or certainly would have come close to. Going at it for the last fifteen minutes only was inexcusable on our part.

I'm not 'standing up for the league'. I'm saying that you're as symptomatic of the 'lack of quality' you ascribe to this league as much as other teams, who judging from the reaction on this thread, you claim to have divine right to walk all over. You're a good side, but there are a few good sides in this league, hence why it's not necessarily surprising that *shock-horror* you drew away against another good side in this division, who from watching the game, were galvanised by going a man down, more than anything.

But we didn't draw because Leicester are a decent team - we drew because we were utter f***ing s**** - there's a difference.

loving the knee-jerks in this thread, as usual :lol:

They're not even amusing anymore, man. Just embarrassing.

How is it kneejerk when it's the same tactics every single game and everyone but him can see it plainly does not work

Leicester are shite man. That's why they didn't beat us when we were - by all accounts - utter fuckin gturd. They went down to ten men and just carried on letting them play their game. If we'd begged them back from the 30th minute till the 90th - like we should have done - they'd have tired eventually and let one slip, inevitably - or certainly would have come close to. Going at it for the last fifteen minutes only was inexcusable on our part.

Oh fuck off. Read people's posts.

Guest firetotheworks

It's Routledge I feel sorry for. He was the only one that looked like doing anything, and yet he was ignored in favour of a tactic that's worked probably twice all season.

loving the knee-jerks in this thread, as usual :lol:

They're not even amusing anymore, man. Just embarrassing.

How is it kneejerk when it's the same tactics every single game and everyone but him can see it plainly does not work

not scoring but actually getting raped by a 10 men team is worth a knee-jerk if you ask me

Guest toonlass

I think you are being unfair GG. I can't think of anyone who would say we have been good at all this season. And I don't know anyone who thinks we have a divine right to anything, let alone claiming it. Maybe you are just believing the "deluded geordie" stereotype that the red-tops like to spout on about. Yes we are wank, the league as a whole is awful though.

Leicester are s**** man. That's why they didn't beat us when we were - by all accounts - utter fuckin gturd. They went down to ten men and just carried on letting them play their game. If we'd begged them back from the 30th minute till the 90th - like we should have done - they'd have tired eventually and let one slip, inevitably - or certainly would have come close to. Going at it for the last fifteen minutes only was inexcusable on our part.

But we didn't draw because Leicester are a decent team - we drew because we were utter f***ing s**** - there's a difference.

I think even a rookie manager responds immediately to the other side going down to 10 men, Oh no...not H, H knows best...Put him in a field without fences and he's the horse that doesn;t run away.