Twitter

Thespence

Anyone with realistic expectations would expect Spurs and Chelsea to finish above us. Villa was disappointing but hardly the end of the world. As usual our 'poor' start of the season has been blown out of proportion, like last seasons 'okay It's early days but Ba looks turboshit'.

We are 3 games in and have a very respectable points total, I would have us on 3 maybe 4 from those games. As always there is the 'yeah ok we got the points... But played shit/got lucky' thing.

Some were claiming us to be riding our luck up to 30 games into last season. I feel the negative gets over emphasised as much as possible and the positive is seen as luck/get out of jail. Far too harsh on ourselves and over a game (like Spurs) it normally evens itself out but a weak first half means 'we were lucky'.

Is it all that shocking what he says?  First thing I thought when the transfer window shut was Cabaye will be gone by this time next year.

It's not shocking because we already knew most the cryptic bullshit he's posted. We know that the club has a strict transfer policy that means we will only do deals on our terms. It hasn't changed since Keegan left because that was the bloody plan, with Carr as a much more capable version of Dennis Wise and Pards as Keegan, albeit with more clarity over his exact role in the whole transfer business.

I've no doubt Pardew wanted more players and some of the squad are a bit miffed we haven't spunked cash up the wall. I've no doubt Wraith has heard a few whispers about this from his 'sources' and decided that it was his duty to tweet about the HUGE unrest enveloping the NUFC camp (and that these tweets have absolutely nothing to do with attracting an audience for his fanzine, match day bar venture, boxing promotions or books about the Kray twins). I've also no doubt this will blow over in a few weeks time if we pick up a few wins.

As for Cabaye, if he hadn't had a shaky start brought on by the fact he's sitting deep in a midfield four because Tiote is injured, he's been crocked himself this preseason and just came off what was an 11 month season we'd not be pissing worrying. The idea that he's in a girly huff because we didn't sign Debuchy (which is something I've seen floated a million times this summer) is absolutely mental, considering not 12 months ago he gladly fucked off over the channel away from him and spent an entire season playing like he was having the time of his life.

Very much enjoyed reading your posts recently. Grounded and logical rather than hysterical and overly negative.

Is it all that shocking what he says?  First thing I thought when the transfer window shut was Cabaye will be gone by this time next year.

It's not shocking because we already knew most the cryptic bullshit he's posted. We know that the club has a strict transfer policy that means we will only do deals on our terms. It hasn't changed since Keegan left because that was the bloody plan, with Carr as a much more capable version of Dennis Wise and Pards as Keegan, albeit with more clarity over his exact role in the whole transfer business.

I've no doubt Pardew wanted more players and some of the squad are a bit miffed we haven't spunked cash up the wall. I've no doubt Wraith has heard a few whispers about this from his 'sources' and decided that it was his duty to tweet about the HUGE unrest enveloping the NUFC camp (and that these tweets have absolutely nothing to do with attracting an audience for his fanzine, match day bar venture, boxing promotions or books about the Kray twins). I've also no doubt this will blow over in a few weeks time if we pick up a few wins.

As for Cabaye, if he hadn't had a shaky start brought on by the fact he's sitting deep in a midfield four because Tiote is injured, he's been crocked himself this preseason and just came off what was an 11 month season we'd not be pissing worrying. The idea that he's in a girly huff because we didn't sign Debuchy (which is something I've seen floated a million times this summer) is absolutely mental, considering not 12 months ago he gladly fucked off over the channel away from him and spent an entire season playing like he was having the time of his life.

Very much enjoyed reading your posts recently. Grounded and logical rather than hysterical and overly negative.

Cheers, however I can assure you that in real life I'm a terrible wanker.

Bang on.

I think there is some mild hysteria regarding his start to the season. From what I've seen he hasn't been brilliant but hasn't been all that bad either. Just typical start of season stuff really.

But for a superb last minute save by the Villa keeper the masses may have been talking about his "fantastic" start to the season.

Bang on.

I think there is some mild hysteria regarding his start to the season. From what I've seen he hasn't been brilliant but hasn't been all that bad either. Just typical start of season stuff really.

But for a superb last minute save by the Villa keeper the masses may have been talking about his "fantastic" start to the season.

Last season we had an uncharacteristically brilliant start, which included a win over the Mackems. That helped quell the complaints about lack of signings last year.

Great post  :thup: