This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Did okay today, in my opinion. Put himself about a bit, decent movement and won more headers whilst he was on the pitch than Carroll did all game. Still doesn't look a threat in front of goal however which is what he needs to put right and quickly.

Guest NSMagpie

Cool, thanks for the reply.  Your right in that he hasn't had much time, perhaps he will pick up when he does get round to scoring.

As for Hughton and poor signings, I think he has done alright actually.  Routledge was very good signing.  Williamson seems a very good signing.  Harewood was decent loan signing.  van Aanholt seemed decent enough cover - decent loan signing.  Fitz Hall? - not seen enough of him but I've not heard terrible things - seems ok loan signing.  Pancrate has been poor, but again has had very little opportunities.  Best has not done great so far, but also not had enough chances or long enough run at it.  Re-signing Lovenkrands was a good signing.

Overall it looks like 5 decent signings, 1 average and 2 looking like they maybe poor.

Think he's done well really considering how much in fee's and wage's these are probably costing.

Totally agree with you. It seems like Hughton's done terrific job, having in mind the transfer funds available.

Besides, he offloaded the likes of Geremi after the African Nations Cup, so less overpaid underachievers remain, and we got some fresh and eager players instead.

Do we need a new song for when he scores, or is Tina Turner sufficient?

We can give it the old "If Best scores we're on the pitch." Although no doubt someone will tell me suggesting something like that is a disgrace and we should be behind our players all the way.

We can give it the old "If Best scores we're on the pitch." Although no doubt someone will tell me suggesting something like that is a disgrace and we should be behind our players all the way.

Ahem...

:pow:

Guest Phil K

Oh, perish the thought......

As Pilko rightly says above "I don't think we need to worry about that"

Guest BooBoo

A comfortable win, getting close to clinching promotion and folk still having a pop at someone who was basically signed as a back up striker. Not sure what the issue is, its not as if his poor performances are costing us points.

The bigger picture is what's important at this stage of the season.

I think people are worried that this bloke has signed a deal for the next three seasons and hasn't even come close to scoring in a poor division against some crap sides.

If we end up relying on him in the Premier League, we are toast.

A comfortable win, getting close to clinching promotion and folk still having a pop at someone who was basically signed as a back up striker. Not sure what the issue is, its not as if his poor performances are costing us points.

The bigger picture is what's important at this stage of the season.

Fair enough. Whilst I agree with your post in general (I'm not really having a pop, just amazed he got this transfer), who was he signed as back up to though? I'd rather Ranger was playing, he looks to have more promise to me.

Guest BooBoo

Ranger has shown more, that's without a doubt. Best is Hughton's signing though so it's inevitable he's going to get some game time.

It reminds me a little of when we signed Paul Kitson who was signed by KK as a squad play basically. He got dogs abuse when he first joined but eventually (basically when Cole was sold and he got more games) developed into a reasonable Premier League striker for us and then West Ham. He wasn't a world beater but did okay when he got a good run in the team. Best might not make it in the same fashion, but i think it better to back the lad rather than hand him the scapegoat role now that Shola has seemingly passed it on.

I said we didn't need another striker in Jan and should have waited until the summer, but no, some on here just weren't having that. How you feel now?!

Ashamed.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/zanna_learning2fly/ashamed-puppy.jpg

Not really his fault that Carroll has started hitting the net virtually every game since he signed is it? While the front two are scoring he's not going to get much of a look in so might as well count our blessings that he's on the outside looking in.

Not really his fault that Carroll has started hitting the net virtually every game since he signed is it? While the front two are scoring he's not going to get much of a look in so might as well count our blessings that he's on the outside looking in.

Started the first 5 matches or so, didn't he? If he'd have taken his chance he'd still be in the first XI. Fact is, he is poo-poo.