This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Not seen Best make many quality runs in behind the defense in any case

He didn't make any runs of any sort. At one stage, I thought we'd comissioned a statue of Lionel Richie and hoyed a yellow shirt on it.

Guest Heneage

In all seriousness though I just don't see how you can put any of what we've seen from him down to bad luck.

He's looked poor every time he's been on the pitch for us, and often in games where we're completely dominating the opposition which should make it easier for him to make a real impact and notch a goal. But he's not even looked like scoring, don't think he's had more than a shot or two in 4 starts and multiple sub appearances.

What's he been unlucky with, in your view?

Well it would appear, he thrives on through balls and not the more aerial/physical approach we adopt. So in a team like West Brom I think he'd do well enough.

Lovenkrands seems to do more than well enough in the same team, so blaming the style of play for how poor he's been is a bit weak.

Not seen Best make many quality runs in behind the defense in any case, he seems to play with his back to goal more often than not and certainly doesn't seem to have the movement and anticipation you need to be the kind of player you describe.

Aye but Lovenkrands has also scored all but one of his goals at home where we tend to play more on the deck. I could be wrong but I think Best has played mainly away from home where we all how we play.

I love Skirge.

Selling him isn't good enough.

It specifically needs to be Leeds that we sell him to. :lol:

:lol:

They will need to replace Beckford and Best should be inflicted on them.

Infact I was wrong not "sold to Leeds" should be "given to Leeds"

Not seen Best make many quality runs in behind the defense in any case

He didn't make any runs of any sort. At one stage, I thought we'd comissioned a statue of Lionel Richie and hoyed a yellow shirt on it.

:lol:

In all seriousness though I just don't see how you can put any of what we've seen from him down to bad luck.

He's looked poor every time he's been on the pitch for us, and often in games where we're completely dominating the opposition which should make it easier for him to make a real impact and notch a goal. But he's not even looked like scoring, don't think he's had more than a shot or two in 4 starts and multiple sub appearances.

Well it would appear, he thrives on through balls and not the more aerial/physical approach we adopt. So in a team like West Brom I think he'd do well enough.

Lovenkrands seems to do more than well enough in the same team, so blaming the style of play for how poor he's been is a bit weak.

Not seen Best make many quality runs in behind the defense in any case, he seems to play with his back to goal more often than not and certainly doesn't seem to have the movement and anticipation you need to be the kind of player you describe.

That would be due to him being a target man rather than an out and out goal poacher. I thought he did better as the game went on and the header where he nearly scored showed he's got some power in the air. I don't think he's a player we should have signed but he's nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

He's 22 and playing at a big club for the first time in his career. I don't think it's necessarily the "best" course of action to jump on him like a pack of wolves just because he hasn't settled immediately.

Probably costs us very little so I don't see the problem with giving him chances from time to time and selling him in the summer if it doesn't work out. It's not as if he's starting every match.

He's 22 and playing at a big club for the first time in his career. I don't think it's necessarily the "best" course of action to jump on him like a pack of wolves just because he hasn't settled immediately.

Probably costs us very little so I don't see the problem with giving him chances from time to time and selling him in the summer if it doesn't work out. It's not as if he's starting every match.

Get your reason out of here!

his confidence is obviously way down but at least he showed some life towards the end and his header forced an excellent save from their keeper. Needs a goal and quickly and i think if he gets one he'll get a few more before seasons end

That would be due to him being a target man rather than an out and out goal poacher. I thought he did better as the game went on and the header where he nearly scored showed he's got some power in the air. I don't think he's a player we should have signed but he's nowhere near as bad as people are making out.

Aye I know that, I was replying to Kezman's point that he reckoned he was more of a play off the shoulder of the last defender, thrive on through balls type of player.

Shola partnered with carroll, two target men and Carroll looks shit.

Carroll partnered with best, two target men and best looks shit.

Fuck thinking about stuff though, lets just write him off.

I admit I haven't seen every minute he has played but if tonight is the worst he has played then we are doing what we always do (that includes Enrique and bassong but the short memories will forget that).

I love how this thread has now become Shak's haunt. :lol:

It's the NFL offseason man, I need something to keep me going. :lol:

Seriously though, I just think it was a daft signing and I don't see the point in him being at the club. I could see him maybe being a passable option in this division, but odds are we'll be in the Premiership next year and I can't see any way he'll ever be able to manage at that level.

It's not his fault, obviously, and I've nothing against the lad personally at all.

I guess the real frustration is that I fear Ashley is going to use the presence of Best in the squad as justification for not buying another striker in the summer, which is something we'll absolutely have to do to have any hope of staying up.

Looks like a really really poor player. Forget settling in at a new club, he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can cut at this level, let alone the one above.

I know he's just signed and he's finding his feet, new systems/tactics (stop laughing), different training, blah blah blah. The rules of the game haven't changed, he's been signed to score goals and he currently looks a million miles from doing so. I'd peddle him to whoever is daft enough to sign the useless twat.

:lol: Give over man. Have you seen some of the through balls we've scored from recently? How can you be a player who thrives on through balls without making any runs?

He was offside and he still missed when he had a through ball! :fishing:

The whole team were God awful until Jonas got that gift. He was unlucky not to score with that header. If Best does turn out to be a dud he cost something between a reported £900K and £2m. That's pocket change compared to the amount of money NUFC has pissed away on poor players in the past. If it comes to it NUFC will be able to get most if not all of the money back. Now the Xisco transfer is another matter entirely!

The whole team were God awful until Jonas got that gift. He was unlucky not to score with that header. If Best does turn out to be a dud he cost something between a reported £900K and £2m. That's pocket change compared to the amount of money NUFC has pissed away on poor players in the past. If it comes to it NUFC will be able to get most if not all of the money back. Now the Xisco transfer is another matter entirely!

£2m wasted when it's all we have to spend is the worry though.