This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Not saying it is 100% scientifically correct but George Graham would never pick a player if wanted to wear a cycling shorts said only unfit players needed them. Please remember George Graham used to let the Arsenal players have bit of chocolate bar before training as he thought it gave them energy

Ranked 23'rd best player (out of 50) in the Football League in FourFourTwo's latest edition...

:dowie:

Where do our other players rank? Enrique?

Did a Google search and couldn't find the current list online.

IIRC Smit is either 1 place below or above Best. Harper like most of his career is 12th. Nolan is 1. Thats it I think

Ranked 23'rd best player (out of 50) in the Football League in FourFourTwo's latest edition...

:dowie:

Where do our other players rank? Enrique?

Did a Google search and couldn't find the current list online.

IIRC Smit is either 1 place below or above Best. Harper like most of his career is 12th. Nolan is 1. Thats it I think

Typical Newcastle. We've got a top 50-striker sitting on the bench, so we can play that donkey Andy Carroll. Hughton out!

:frantic:

If he's getting bullied by defenders at this level, I can't see how he'll cope in the Premiership.

Yeah those giant 8ft, 20 stone premiership defenders are a lot more physical than these championship dwarves ;)

If he's getting bullied by defenders at this level, I can't see how he'll cope in the Premiership.

Yeah those giant 8ft, 20 stone premiership defenders are a lot more physical than these championship dwarves ;)

They might not be bigger, but they are quicker and stronger. At the moment, defenders are going right through him and he's unable to hold the ball up. He won't get more time and space in the Premiership.

Was unlucky with the shot that came back of the crossbar last night, but to me he looked slow. Was often beaten to 50/50 balls by defenders by a clear yard, just didn't seem to have any pace at all.

Still willing to give him a lot more time, but I'm not seeing a lot yet.

Last night when Best came on he looked like he really wanted to score, first time I have taken that impression away of him.  He was looking all the time for the move or turn that would give him the yard of space to let go.

Maybe with a regular run in a team, say the reserves, he would gain that sharpness and pace required but, we all know that in the premiership you don't get a second to compose yourself on the ball.  You have to be sharp as a pin to score!

I think he's shown glimpses of class.

....is about all you can say.

In the last ten minutes, Plymouth went to three at the back, and Best had a lot more space. But in general, he doesn't look particularly strong or quick, and therefore isn't able to use what skill he has.

I just think he was bought as insurance. In January, Shola wasn't fit, Hughton didn't have faith in Ranger and Carroll was our only target man. If Carroll had got injured, the promotion bid would have been at risk - as the club saw it.

I'm not saying the decision was wrong, but I think it was made for the short term, not the long term.

In the last ten minutes, Plymouth went to three at the back, and Best had a lot more space. But in general, he doesn't look particularly strong or quick, and therefore isn't able to use what skill he has.

I just think he was bought as insurance. In January, Shola wasn't fit, Hughton didn't have faith in Ranger and Carroll was our only target man. If Carroll had got injured, the promotion bid would have been at risk - as the club saw it.

I'm not saying the decision was wrong, but I think it was made for the short term, not the long term.

If that's the case, why 3 year deal? If it was short-term loan, I'd agree. But it wasn't.

If that's the case, why 3 year deal? If it was short-term loan, I'd agree. But it wasn't.

Well I doubt whether Coventry would have let him go on a short-term loan. So maybe it was long term or nothing.

I just can't see how he's been bought for the future. He isn't better than Carroll or Shola, and with Ranger and Vukcic coming up, his prospects don't look good.

He's simply a Championship player. There's nothing else to it tbh but, we can't criticise Hughton for signing him. Hughton knew that he probably would not become a first-team player in the run in but we had to have back-up. We'll be able to sell him in the summer like.

Hopefully next season. New striker(s) > Lovenkrands > Carroll > Shola > Ranger

He's simply a Championship player. There's nothing else to it tbh but, we can't criticise Hughton for signing him. Hughton knew that he probably would not become a first-team player in the run in but we had to have back-up. We'll be able to sell him in the summer like.

Agrew with all that. But you just have to take Shola out the equation. He's 28 and he just isn't good enough. I bet his wages will be around 30/40 k too. We might be able to get a few million as well

Agrew with all that. But you just have to take Shola out the equation. He's 28 and he just isn't good enough. I bet his wages will be around 30/40 k too. We might be able to get a few million as well

On FM he is on 28k, don't know how accurate that is. I think after this season he deserves another shot at the Prem, he's put on a lot of weight and looks stronger than he ever has done. Yes, he probably isn't good enough for the Prem, but who is realistically going to come for him? Hull or Burnley if they go down?

We'd get £3m for him, tops. Is it worth potentially upsetting the balance of the squad?