This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Guest Heneage

Where's the bad luck like?

It just happens for some players, it just doesn't work at a club, be it the style of football.

In all seriousness though I just don't see how you can put any of what we've seen from him down to bad luck.

He's looked poor every time he's been on the pitch for us, and often in games where we're completely dominating the opposition which should make it easier for him to make a real impact and notch a goal. But he's not even looked like scoring, don't think he's had more than a shot or two in 4 starts and multiple sub appearances.

What's he been unlucky with, in your view?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In all seriousness though I just don't see how you can put any of what we've seen from him down to bad luck.

He's looked poor every time he's been on the pitch for us, and often in games where we're completely dominating the opposition which should make it easier for him to make a real impact and notch a goal. But he's not even looked like scoring, don't think he's had more than a shot or two in 4 starts and multiple sub appearances.

I guess he's unlucky that he's shite.

How on earth can Hughton defend keeping him on for the whole game?

Indeed.  If Best scored that header than I'm sure Hughton would have had his excuse, but apart from that header I didn't see him do much else.

Guest Heneage

Well it would appear, he thrives on through balls and not the more aerial/physical approach we adopt. So in a team like West Brom I think he'd do well enough.

Well it would appear, he thrives on through balls and not the more aerial/physical approach we adopt. So in a team like West Brom I think he'd do well enough.

:lol: Give over man. Have you seen some of the through balls we've scored from recently? How can you be a player who thrives on through balls without making any runs?

Shite. He's had 90 minutes, some people were moaning that he's not had enough time on the pitch to be judged etc. From today, he showed absolutely nothing other than that header at the death. Not enough in 90 minutes.

Really hope we manage to peddle this gimp before next season.

Lovenkrands seems to do more than well enough in the same team, so blaming the style of play for how poor he's been is a bit weak.

Not seen Best make many quality runs in behind the defense in any case, he seems to play with his back to goal more often than not and certainly doesn't seem to have the movement and anticipation you need to be the kind of player you describe.