This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Guest Loven11

Nottingham Forest want to sign Newcastle striker Leon Best on a permanent deal. Burnley, Crystal Palace and Swansea are also interested but only want to take the 24-year-old on loan.

From NOTW - hope it's true anyway.

A lot of us (myself included) went a tad overboard when Perch took the absolute piss out of Jonas. In retrospect, that was very fucking stupid.

Likewise a lot of us (myself not included) have since gone over the top in taking the piss out of Perch. He's not the best footballer but he's not a bad defender as such.

He's one of the main reasons why NUFC didn't get enough points to save Hughton. Think Wigan and Stoke at home when every goal conceeded exposed his lack of talent at this level. He even chipped in with 'one' himself to confound the situation.

And true to form Spurs first .....

Nottingham Forest want to sign Newcastle striker Leon Best on a permanent deal. Burnley, Crystal Palace and Swansea are also interested but only want to take the 24-year-old on loan.

From NOTW - hope it's true anyway.

They have tried a few time to get him over the years, a Nottingham lad too so will hopefully be an attraction to him.

Guest Geordiesned

The Sunday Sun confirms that Pardew has made Best available for transfer with a fee of £500,000 looked for.

Guest Geordiesned

The Sunday Sun confirms that Pardew has made Best available for transfer with a fee of £500,000 looked for. 

So, that's no confirmation at all, then.

I sent Mark Douglas a message asking why no quotes in article. He replied:

"He's available. From a good source."

Guest neesy111

What was Hughton thinking, seriously?

Total panic buy, probably under pressure from above to have another striker incase anything happened.

In fairness, he got this one and Perch (which I suspect may have been down to Calderwood) wrong. Other than that, I can't remember a better manager we've had a in a while for identifying which positions need strengthening and then addressing them. Even signings that were a bit naff like Khiz and Pancrate were rightly short-term things that he didn't persue.

Total panic buy, probably under pressure from above to have another striker incase anything happened.

How do you figure that, like? I've seen precisely the reverse reported – that the purchase of Best was one of the reasons Hughton slipped out of favour.