This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Still think he'll be sold before the month is out.

don't think so, i'd say pardew will give him more of a shot after that.

one other thing is on highlights i was impressed with how mcloven and best linked up especially as it was their first game together i know west ham were shit but they still combined very well

Little did I know that when I joked to mates last night that a Best hatrick was a dead cert, that Leon would turn into Romario.

You and my nephew both :lol:

"will get a hatrick" were the first words out of his mouth when the starting 11 was read out.

Little did I know that when I joked to mates last night that a Best hatrick was a dead cert, that Leon would turn into Romario.

I really like your attitude coming here and contribute..... You are an Everton fan are we your second team?

I really like your attitude coming here and contribute..... You are an Everton fan are we your second team?

Correct!

Happy for him, but lets be honest, all of our goals yesterday were more about shit defending than anything else.

Aye, having settled down from the intial Best-induced hysteria of last night, I still think he's pretty damn shite.

Against teams with an ounce of defensive ability it's likely he's going to be no attacking threat. Still, last night was fun  :aww:

Afraid people are going a bit overboard to be honest.  Delighted for Leon to get a hat-trick but he was up a non-resistant defense.  Just look at his third - if he were up against any other team his bad first touch would've been mopped up before he had time to shoot.  His first was a direct result of a keeper with no confidence and also horrible defending from the center-backs.  I think it was great that he got a hat-trick but just don't want to get ahead of myself.

Can someone give me a reasonable explanation as to why Xisco deserves a start over Best?

He's actually scored.  :pow:

Well that's me sold :lol:

Erm...well the thing is Caj. Erm...well

i'm sorry.

If you take away his goals, he still played exceptionally well alst night. His heading was quite good his footowrk was spot on his desire was there, his chasing down of GK and defenders was all there.

Better performance than any of Shola's in the last few years.

Well done Besty :thup:

If you take away his goals, he still played exceptionally well alst night. His heading was quite good his footowrk was spot on his desire was there, his chasing down of GK and defenders was all there.

I really liked the way he directed his headers at Lovenkrands. Shola's headers can go anywhere, and even Carroll who wins everything doesn't have the best control. While I'd need to see Best against better centre halves he showed a lot of intelligence and nous and Lovenkrands was "loven" it. Thought they worked really well together.

You can only beat what is infront of you. He's played 1 PL game and scored 3 goals. That's good enough for me. Hope he plays again in the near future.

True enough. Just worth remembering we shouldn't get carried away.

The same would be said if it was a kid banging in goals for fun in the reserves or in the championship. You can only beat what's in front of you but you do need to factor that in to what you take from the game, too.

Did well. Still not convinced.

I really liked the way he directed his headers at Lovenkrands. Shola's headers can go anywhere, and even Carroll who wins everything doesn't have the best control. While I'd need to see Best against better centre halves he showed a lot of intelligence and nous and Lovenkrands was "loven" it. Thought they worked really well together.

Nice :lol:

Yep, even before he scored me and my dad were looking at each other saying 'he looks up for this and doesn't look half bad'.

The 5th goal was a fantastic flick down the line to Barton. I can't detract anything from that performance.

You can only beat what is infront of you. He's played 1 PL game and scored 3 goals. That's good enough for me. Hope he plays again in the near future.

True enough. Just worth remembering we shouldn't get carried away.

The same would be said if it was a kid banging in goals for fun in the reserves or in the championship. You can only beat what's in front of you but you do need to factor that in to what you take from the game, too.

Did well. Still not convinced.

I agree that we shouldn't be getting carried away, but the same could be said about getting carried away in the other direction.

That was his ever game in the Premier League, and he scored a hattrick. I'm a hell of alot more convinced than I was at this time yesterday.

My favourite header was the little back flick he did to Barton for Lovenkrands' goal.

That was nice and crafty. I think it's easy to gloss over the goals as well but in truth they were pretty tidy finishes. The first one especially where he took the ball from a high bounce and slotted it in first time.

Nice :lol:

Yep, even before he scored me and my dad were looking at each other saying 'he looks up for this and doesn't look half bad'.

The 5th goal was a fantastic flick down the line to Barton. I can't detract anything from that performance.

Couldn't believe my surprise after his first goal when I said 'he deserved that' and realised it was true. :lol: