John Terry loses England captaincy, Ferdinand gets it

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think this is probably the right decision on reflection. Capello is clearly in charge and wants as little as possible to be distracting the players come the summer.

Also pretty happy about the message it sends out. Footballers aren't role models but they shouldn't be above common decency and morals. Terry should be devastated he's thrown away what should be the highest honour an English footballer can hold for a few stabs at some slag.

The affair must have taken place while Bridge and the woman were still together, otherwise I really don't see the issue--- inasmuch as it would warrant stripping Terry of the captaincy. Having extra-marital affairs is not that uncommon and it would not affect team morale-- so it wouldn't be an that important.

If Bridge and the woman had separated, than Bridge has no bone to pick and the papers don't have much of a story.

Strong decision that from Capello.

Wonder what Hughton would have done in such situation... bet something like "He's a very good lad and will continue to lead this very good group of lads"

"He's a very group of lads and will continue to group this very lad group of lads."

I think this is probably the right decision on reflection. Capello is clearly in charge and wants as little as possible to be distracting the players come the summer.

Also pretty happy about the message it sends out. Footballers aren't role models but they shouldn't be above common decency and morals. Terry should be devastated he's thrown away what should be the highest honour an English footballer can hold for a few stabs at some slag.

I agree, Capello and the FA have handled this as well as could have been done.

So if the captain isn't allowed to be a cunt, who the hell is going to be your next captain?

Jimmy Bullard.

:lol: I'd love an England team that was just full of classy players and gentlemen.

So we strip the captain for the following options:

The one who failed the drugs test.

The one who boxed a DJ for not playing Phil Collins

The one who shagged old prostitutes

The one who cheated on his wife (same crime as the out going captain) with a pig wanker

And am sure something is up with Lampard, though i paid little attention to his private life as he's a boring fuker.

Rio missed the drugs test, he didn't fail it. [/devilsadvocate]

Funnily enough, my personal opinion is that Rio was completely innocent, just stupid.

Yet again the press try to destroy england.  When Capello took over after 1 or 2 games they were calling for his head, then they loved him, then they all basically said if you dont sack him we'll lose respect for you.

FUCK OFF PRESS, WHY DO YOU WANT US TO BE SHITE.  STOP BUILING US UP THEN RIPPING US APART.  OUR CHANCE TO WIN THIS HAS GONE AND ITS DUE TO THOSE CUNTS.

FUCK OFF

Guest johnson293

Yet again the press try to destroy england.  When Capello took over after 1 or 2 games they were calling for his head, then they loved him, then they all basically said if you dont sack him we'll lose respect for you.

f*** OFF PRESS, WHY DO YOU WANT US TO BE s****.  STOP BUILING US UP THEN RIPPING US APART.  OUR CHANCE TO WIN THIS HAS GONE AND ITS DUE TO THOSE c***s.

f*** OFF

How does taking the captaincy away from John Terry mean 'our chance to win this has gone'?

Can Terry not play as well, or be as influencial without a piece of material wrapped around his upper arm?

Guest toon-boy-in-kent

How does taking the captaincy away from John Terry mean 'our chance to win this has gone'?

Can Terry not play as well, or be as influencial without a piece of material wrapped around his upper arm?

Well said, my thoughts exactly...

The job's only half done, as far as I'm concerned. I still can't see how Bridge and Terry can be involved in the same squad. After all, the players will be living together for 6 weeks during a World Cup. That's plenty of time for whatever tensions and divisions there may be in the squad to fester.