Are the mackems too good to go down?

OzzieMandias

Hmm. Just four points above the drop zone, three behind Blackburn. They're by no means out of trouble but there's a lot of other s**** floundering around down there.

If I had the choice to see the mackems or Blackburn go down I'd probably go for Blackburn.

Hmm. Just four points above the drop zone, three behind Blackburn. They're by no means out of trouble but there's a lot of other s**** floundering around down there.

If I had the choice to see the mackems or Blackburn go down I'd probably go for Blackburn.

I think Blackburn will stay up.

Scumland  25 / 26 -10

West Ham  25 / 24 -8

Wolves      25 / 24 -21 

Wigan        24 / 24 -23 

Hull            26 / 24 -26

Burnley      25 / 23 -25 

Bolton        24 / 22 -17

Portsmouth 25 / 16 -22

Was looking at their top scorers last night. It went:

Bent 15

Jones 7

then about 3 who've scored 2 and about 7 who've scored once... ???

If anything happens to him they'll go down. They remind me so much of us last season, it's starting to tighten up and they've got some tough games coming up (starting with Arsenal away) and could easily end up in the bottom 3 at Easter. Get, the fuck, in.

they still have to play:

home games against Bolton and Burnley as well as Fulham, Man C, Brum, Spurs, Manure

away games against West Ham, Hull & Wolves and also Arsenal, Villa, Liverpool.

Bold teams are obviously their relegation rivals. In total 7 at home and 6 away, but pleasingly against some tough teams fighting for europe and relegation.

they still have to play:

home games against Bolton and Burnley as well as Fulham, Man C, Brum, Spurs, Manure

Bold teams are obviously their relegation rivals. In total 7 at home and 6 away, but pleasingly against some tough teams fighting for europe and relegation.

Which teams are not fighting for Europe or relegation in the PL atm?

they still have to play:

exactly, and the others around them are winning the odd match.

That fuckin beachball....

they still have to play:

exactly, and the others around them are winning the odd match.

That fuckin beachball....

I found it pretty fucking hilarious when it happened, but if that goal keeps them up... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Bruce turns to Radio 2 as Sunderland fans on phone-ins get angry

Steve Bruce has closed his ears to intense criticism by listening to Radio 2 rather than tuning into the football chat on 5 Live and local stations in the north-east.

"I don't listen to it [5 Live]," said Sunderland's manager whose struggling side hope to win their first Premier League game for three months at Arsenal tomorrow.

"I've learnt you have to have Radio 2 on in the car. I like Chris Evans, who is a mate of mine and I wake up to, and Steve Wright. Otherwise I've found if you listen to them [football phone-ins and discussions] it is a distraction."

Bruce believes the flak attracted by a series of similarly beleaguered Sunderland managers is amplified by the north-east's relative isolation from the rest of England. "This is a great club with great support but, let's be fair, there's not much else to shout about apart from our football teams up here," he said.

That is a contentious assertion but Bruce was on slightly firmer ground when he cited the region's geographical position as part of the problem. "We are out on a limb, away from everybody, so when it goes well we are the greatest place on earth but, if not, it is batten down the hatches time," he said. "Being born and bred up here I knew what the north-east is about, I knew when I was coming back it was one hell of a challenge."

Sunderland fans have hijacked radio phone-ins and internet forums to debate replacing Bruce. His former Manchester United team-mate Mark Hughes has emerged as many supporters' favourite alternative – although Slaven Bilic and even Steve McClaren have their advocates – but the thinking is rather more long term and considerably less knee-jerk in the Stadium of Light boardroom.

Even so, Bruce remains uncomfortably aware that this season is not working out quite the way Ellis Short, Sunderland's owner, and Niall Quinn, the club's chairman, had intended.

"You hope you are given time," he said. "That the people you work for are sensible enough to say 'Let's give him time'. We have had an awful run, we've gone 12 league games without a win and, the way football is now, it's my turn to come under a bit of pressure. But I'm convinced we can turn it round."

It all seemed so different back on 21 November 2009 when Sunderland last won a league game – coincidentally 1-0 at home to Arsenal. Since then Bruce's squad has not only been ravaged by injuries but some of the players the former Wigan manager inherited last summer have begun, with certain justification, to suspect he does not rate them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/steve-bruce-radio-sunderland-fans

Steve Bruce turns to Radio 2 as Sunderland fans on phone-ins get angry

Steve Bruce has closed his ears to intense criticism by listening to Radio 2 rather than tuning into the football chat on 5 Live and local stations in the north-east.

"I don't listen to it [5 Live]," said Sunderland's manager whose struggling side hope to win their first Premier League game for three months at Arsenal tomorrow.

"I've learnt you have to have Radio 2 on in the car. I like Chris Evans, who is a mate of mine and I wake up to, and Steve Wright. Otherwise I've found if you listen to them [football phone-ins and discussions] it is a distraction."

Bruce believes the flak attracted by a series of similarly beleaguered Sunderland managers is amplified by the north-east's relative isolation from the rest of England. "This is a great club with great support but, let's be fair, there's not much else to shout about apart from our football teams up here," he said.

That is a contentious assertion but Bruce was on slightly firmer ground when he cited the region's geographical position as part of the problem. "We are out on a limb, away from everybody, so when it goes well we are the greatest place on earth but, if not, it is batten down the hatches time," he said. "Being born and bred up here I knew what the north-east is about, I knew when I was coming back it was one hell of a challenge."

Sunderland fans have hijacked radio phone-ins and internet forums to debate replacing Bruce. His former Manchester United team-mate Mark Hughes has emerged as many supporters' favourite alternative – although Slaven Bilic and even Steve McClaren have their advocates – but the thinking is rather more long term and considerably less knee-jerk in the Stadium of Light boardroom.

Even so, Bruce remains uncomfortably aware that this season is not working out quite the way Ellis Short, Sunderland's owner, and Niall Quinn, the club's chairman, had intended.

"You hope you are given time," he said. "That the people you work for are sensible enough to say 'Let's give him time'. We have had an awful run, we've gone 12 league games without a win and, the way football is now, it's my turn to come under a bit of pressure. But I'm convinced we can turn it round."

It all seemed so different back on 21 November 2009 when Sunderland last won a league game – coincidentally 1-0 at home to Arsenal. Since then Bruce's squad has not only been ravaged by injuries but some of the players the former Wigan manager inherited last summer have begun, with certain justification, to suspect he does not rate them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/19/steve-bruce-radio-sunderland-fans

The media is on to him, he doesn't have long left now.

I wish that Gordon for Sunderland is on a save bonus, because today would of bankrupt the fuckers.

Anyone else think that if they went down that horrible fucker Richardson would be the first to hand in his transfer request?

maybe not in sunderland.  Don't go generalising that for the whole NE, Stephen.