Are the mackems too good to go down?

OzzieMandias

Guest Stephen927

It has been pointed out numerous times, we were supposedly too good to go down, this doesn't apply anymore.

I think they have enough to stay up, they have the advantage of having a good manager leading them.

Yes they are.  People were saying we were too good to go down last season so im hoping that if i say it about them they will be relegated.

Everyone apart from those stupid deluded Newcastle fans.

You laughed at someone when he asked if you'd settle for 17th place last season.

Actually I didn't laugh at anyone: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,56329.msg1501502.html#msg1501502

It was fucking September, and we'd played four games.

Admitted I was wrong about six weeks later: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,56329.msg1554371.html#msg1554371

Glad we cleared that one up. :thup:

Alright, no need to lose your tits. Was just messing anyway.  ;D

No they arn't too good to go down, but their are worse teams in the EPL then them, but it is still very much possible for them to go down. In an ideal world I'd like to see us go up and them down, sadly though I don't think they will go down.

The most important thing is though is that we must go back up, after that I don't care if they will be playing in the EPL or not. Ofcourse though come the end of the season which I think I'm right in saying that we will end our season a week ahead of them (assuming we don't play in the Play off's, and the WC hasn't put that system to bed) which could mean that we would be up and they will have a possibility of going down, in which case I'll be hopeing that they do go down, but concentrating on us is far more important to me.

Sunderland take on Wigan Athletic on Saturday in a Premier League fixture that, in form terms at least, brings together the two worst teams in the division. Dave Whelan, a man with plenty to say on the abilities of both managers involved, should be back from Barbados just in time to see it.

After a highly promising start, Steve Bruce's team have failed to win a match since, improbably, they beat Arsenal back in November. In 10 games since then, from a possible 30 points they have picked up only four. Wigan have not been quite that bad, though it seems a long time now since Roberto Martínez supervised a victory over Chelsea. They have eight points from their last 10 games, thanks mainly to two wins over Wolves and Sunderland themselves, and on Tuesday were dumped out of the FA Cup, at home, in front of a feeble crowd of 5,519, by Notts County of League Two.

At the start of the season both these teams were considered too good to worry about relegation. Sunderland because Bruce was a good defensive organiser who had knocked Wigan into shape remarkably quickly, and had just signed a reliable goalscorer in Darren Bent. Wigan because Martínez would be building on Bruce's solid foundations, and possibly bringing in some of the attacking flair he had made his trademark at Swansea. The league table now tells a different story, with both clubs within three points of the relegation zone and wondering where their next win will come from. The transfer window was revealing, too. Both clubs scrambled to sign a goalscorer on the last day of trading, with Wigan picking up Crystal Palace's promising Victor Moses and Sunderland getting hold of Manchester City's unfairly neglected Benjani Mwaruwari.

Almost as interesting was what didn't happen in the transfer window. Kenwyne Jones did not move to Liverpool after all, though according to Bruce part of his head seems to have moved to Anfield, leaving Sunderland with just useless corporeal bits. Maynor Figueroa did not move to Sunderland either, though again, part of his manager wishes he had, if his mind is so full of a move to the north-east he cannot even be bothered to pick up his man at a corner to prevent Blackburn scoring a late winner. Somewhat irrationally, the normally calm Martínez blamed the "disgusting" behaviour of agents for that lapse, though really it had to be the player's fault, or the manager's for picking him in the first place. Martínez attempted to explain that while Figueroa's head was all over the place, due to agents distracting him with offers and enticements, he didn't feel the situation was so intolerable he couldn't play a game. If we are to believe this convoluted version of events, Figueroa probably deserves congratulations for lasting virtually the entire game at Ewood Park last week without making a mistake, and only once letting his inner turmoil get the better of him, in the 76th minute.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/feb/03/sunderland-wigan-premier-league-relegation

Like others have said, they may be slightly less shit then other teams.  I think bent might be keeping their heads above water.  If he gets an injury for a couple of weeks or a long term one they could find themselves right in the muck.

Persoanlly i thought they should have looked for a playmaker from midfield on loan or perm signing this jan.

Like others have said, they may be slightly less s*** then other teams.  I think bent might be keeping their heads above water.  If he gets an injury for a couple of weeks or a long term one they could find themselves right in the muck.

Persoanlly i thought they should have looked for a playmaker from midfield on loan or perm signing this jan.

perm signing for the middle of midfield.....................has to be john trewick.

Like others have said, they may be slightly less s*** then other teams.  I think bent might be keeping their heads above water.  If he gets an injury for a couple of weeks or a long term one they could find themselves right in the muck.

perm signing for the middle of midfield.....................has to be john trewick.

Or Nicky Butt

:lol:

POWER TO ALL PERMS

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00040/keegan_40259d.jpg

:lol:

POWER TO ALL PERMS

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00040/keegan_40259d.jpg

Who is that guy with KK, at first glance I thought it was Will Ferrell with a beard. Obviously someone from his Hamburg days.

Theirs too much dross in the PL this season and that will cushion their inadequacies.

This is about the third time recently they've made significant investment in the playing side of things and yet they never seem to make any progress at all.

Guest optimistic nit

they are not too good but their competition is too bad. sunderland will stay up because the teams below them wont capitalise on their poor form.