Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

So we have turned on Smith now? the same Smith that has been one of the best out there this season?

He's been marginally better than last year, probably due to the lower standard of opposition. He's still garbage.

It's fair. A simple message. A starting 11 that puts 5 past an opponent will receive an encore. The fact that Lovenkrands isn't starting is a bit disappointing. But he was really effective coming on as a substitute-- so I'm not surprised that Hughton is going with the exact plan that worked so well vs. Cardiff.

Guest palnese

f*** sake.

:lol: whats the problem

I have very little to disagree with.

;D

Who's the captain tonight? Harps or Nolan?

Smith gets a bad press on here IMO. A limited player but he gives his all. Call me old fashioned but I still like to see players giving 100%.

Smith started the season superbly, but has gone backwards as the season's progressed. He did look like that energetic, hard battling DM he is supposed to be at first, but has now gone back to just throwing himself recklessly into challenges IMO.

Guest geordienorway

Wow, didn't expect that. Harsh on Løvenkrands, but I think Hughton is very clever in letting Best get some games under his belt.

Fair play Hughton :clap:

What the f*ck does Loven have to do to get a start?

He's a cracking impact sub tbh, being able to get him on when defenders are tiring is lethal. Can you really blame Hughton for going with the same team that were 3-0 up after 15 minutes and ended up winning 5-1?

I see your point; however, I can make the argument that Loven should start and bring Best in as the impact sub.

Loven has good chemistry with Carroll and the rest of the team and has earned a spot with goals.

Best is new to the team, could find his way if he gets subbed in to a few games and is not expected to perform miracles and then not live up to standards.

Smith gets a bad press on here IMO. A limited player but he gives his all. Call me old fashioned but I still like to see players giving 100%.

i would give my all but i wouldn't pick me.

Pretty depressing that a player giving his best is actually seen as an outstanding attribute tbh.