Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

They beat Forest recently and I have no idea what hppened in that game but I would imagine Forest would have attacked them. I thought they defended well against us at SJP with a little luck thrown in but I dont think it is a good idea to go gung ho at them. They are more than capable of hitting us on the break which sounds like what happened against Forest.

I would like to exercise caution here and the main thing is not to concede. If we can score early, then we can close it up in the final 20 and hit them on the break for a 2nd late on.

By the sounds of it, it was pretty damn physical againast Forest so I would imagine we could expect the same so it is necessary to bring Smith back in to replace Nolan. He deserves a rest anyway. Best to the bench and Lovenkrands in. Also, we need Colo back.

So, same team as last night with Smith in for Nolan, Colo for Hall and Loven for Best........................2-0 to us

:dowie:

:lol:

Realistically, we are quite likely to drop points in the next two away games. Think we will concede against Derby but win. Swansea look like they are tight defensively at home so we need to be targeting a win at Derby anyway.

If he does then he should be shot with shit. Lovenkrands for Best would be the only sensible change. I wouldn't mind if we kept the starting 11 from Friday and tell them its up to them to earn a start.

Simpson's struggling with an injury, hence why he finished Friday on the left wing. If he's out then it'll be Ryan Taylor in at right back. I have doubts over whether he'll start Carroll and Lovenkrands, he started them against Derby at home and look how that worked out. Miles Addison (I assume he's playing) will win the majority of things in the air like he did at St. James' so playing long ball to Carroll is a lost cause. Hopefully Hughton realises this but I'd bet not. As suggested in previous posts, Smith will almost certainly return and we'll play for the 1-0.

Guest firetotheworks

For me this match will be a good indication of how the rest of the season will go, if we carry on the form from last week we'll win, it's as simple as that. I can see a battling draw though.

I've given up trying to predict the outcomes of our games in the championship, I really have. I geneuinely have no idea whether we will thrash derby or end up losing. anyone that thinks they do is deluding themselves  ;D

1st Vs 18th. I predict a Newcastle win.

I don't really mind us playing 4-5-1 any more now that we have Routledge in the team. We look like a different proposition altoghether with him on the right.

That said it would be pretty stupid to break up a team that put 5 past a promotion rival just last week.

Why does everyone seem to want Lovenkrands in for Best? Just because he came off the bench and scored 2 good goals, doesn't mean he'll start well tonight.

Best had a good debut on friday and should definitely stay in the side. I'd keep the same team as v Cardiff but I think we all know Smith or Butt (Please God, not both) will be back in to 'combat' Derby's midfield, or the truth, to slow down our approach play...  :sadnod:

Still, fancy us to win it 2-1  :pow:

Why does everyone seem to want Lovenkrands in for Best? Just because he came off the bench and scored 2 good goals, doesn't mean he'll start well tonight.

Best had a good debut on friday and should definitely stay in the side. I'd keep the same team as v Cardiff but I think we all know Smith or Butt (Please God, not both) will be back in to 'combat' Derby's midfield, or the truth, to slow down our approach play...  :sadnod:

Still, fancy us to win it 2-1  :pow:

I want Lovenkrands in the team because he's the only one who will score consistently - the rest don't have the ability to.

I honestly believe that we'll batter the f*** out of them. HTL!

I'm sure people said that about the home tie at Christmas too.

But truth is we pretty much did - without scoring - it was one of those strange games.

Derby will go for a win tonight and that should mean a better more open game.