Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Sounds like one of those nights tbh. We were always going to lose a few between now and the end of the season and Derby are pretty good at home. We've had more of the ball and Hughton picked the side we all wanted to see and it hasn't worked. We take it on the chin and move on to Swansea.

It's very disappointing but it's not the end of the world.

:thup:

I try not to log on when we're losing, it's mostly unreadable. From what I've heard we were on top in the second half until the penalty, even the third goal seemed a bit of a bolt from the blue. f***ing hell, we can't win every game, we aren't the Harlem Globetrotters ffs.

I know some people go to the extreme but for those that are genuinely moaning, does the 'we're not going to win every game' mean we can't criticise?

There needs to be a sitting down and asking questions as to why we are so bad away in the last few months.

Some awful performances earlier, but hell, we are going down the Sunderland route like a 200 metre runner in a marathon.

Did we have Routledge and Jonas on each wing against Leicester, Sheff Wed and Barnsley? With those two in the team in the same 4-5-1 I would have liked our chances a whole lot more against those teams. By the way how many 3 - 0 poundings did we get in those games?

Well, we did throw away wins in two, and fail against 10 men in the other TBH

Is every game you don't win having been ahead thrown away? Do you think we should be winning every game we play? It's certainly the impression you'd get from reading your posts; being disappointed is one thing but you seem outraged whenever we don't win, as if it simply isn't good enough and we should have won.

It's sour grapes.

You run at people with pace, you win pens.

If you employ one-paced f***ing plodders up front, you get nowt.

Simple.

To easy to be negative because we're losing and start pretending we deserve all the crap.

We've had about 15 pen shouts in the last 8 games and had nothing. Theres obviously reasons for it, not that theyre dodgy. Obviously when our big lads are fouled the refs are far less likely to give it. Doesnt make it fair either.

First defeat in what, 16 league games?

Perspective.

in those 16 games there was one decent performance.

And?

Imagine next season in the Premier League

im trying to, but its not so clear anymore

Guest icemanblue

First defeat in what, 16 league games?

Perspective.

in those 16 games there was one decent performance.

And?

Imagine next season in the Premier League

:lol: eh?!

Sounds like one of those nights tbh. We were always going to lose a few between now and the end of the season and Derby are pretty good at home. We've had more of the ball and Hughton picked the side we all wanted to see and it hasn't worked. We take it on the chin and move on to Swansea.

It's very disappointing but it's not the end of the world.

:thup:

I try not to log on when we're losing, it's mostly unreadable. From what I've heard we were on top in the second half until the penalty, even the third goal seemed a bit of a bolt from the blue. f***ing hell, we can't win every game, we aren't the Harlem Globetrotters ffs.

I know some people go to the extreme but for those that are genuinely moaning, does the 'we're not going to win every game' mean we can't criticise?

Don't mind criticism at all. What I mind is the people who are so outraged we don't win it comes across as if they feel we have some sort of divine right to win and anything less than a victory is unacceptable. No-one would admit to feeling like that but fuck me that exact sentiment comes across in a hell of a lot of posts.

Did we have Routledge and Jonas on each wing against Leicester, Sheff Wed and Barnsley? With those two in the team in the same 4-5-1 I would have liked our chances a whole lot more against those teams. By the way how many 3 - 0 poundings did we get in those games?

Well, we did throw away wins in two, and fail against 10 men in the other TBH

Is every game you don't win having been ahead thrown away? Do you think we should be winning every game we play? It's certainly the impression you'd get from reading your posts; being disappointed is one thing but you seem outraged whenever we don't win, as if it simply isn't good enough and we should have won.

Is it so wrong to expect a team who has just beaten a so-called rival for promotion 5-1 to turn up away to the team in 18th?

Sadly, the problem we have, is that we are shit, and papered over the cracks for weeks with scraped wins - then we started turning those wins into draws...hopefully those draws won't start turning into defeats or we're fucked.

Same gap to 3rd and another game down, forest appear to be losing their flow. It's not the best of evenings but from some of the posts on here you'd reckon we had been relegated again.

HTL

ps Portsmouth just made it a little better

Guest firetotheworks

It's like sweeping leaves on a windy day on here when we're losing.

A right off as far as Im concerned. A poor performance from the defence from the sounds of it. Derby seem to have a strange spell on us, it seemed ridiculous when they scored the second because we'd been really at them. But I guess that's what happens when you're used to having a solid defence. It seems like neither one nor the other. We now have a midfield and forward line that has more about it, but a weaker defence. That's going off what I could hear on the radio though, obviously.

we're not going to win every game, but we do have to go into games with the sort of attitude that Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca etc have, that we should be looking for a win every time and be disappointed when we don't get it. we simply can't afford to miss out on promotion this season. any other time being at the top end of the table would be alright, but not for us. we can't settle for being 'decent', we need more than that, only the top 2 positions in the table are good enough.

For some reason this result doesn't bother me as much as usual.

Maybe it is just because I couldn't watch the match, but it's just better to win a home match by a big margin and lose an away match by a big margin than two stupid draws, especially when you win against a top team and lose to a team that doesn't matter.

Only could happen to us win 5-1,play the same team 4 days later so  lose 3-0.Players need to give some answers for this s****.No blame on Hughton this time

It happens to the best of teams. Man Utd lost 3-0 to Fulham this season when their first choice defence was decimated.

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

Prob worth starting loven next game and carry on where we left off v Cardiff.