Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

one of the most lackluster performances i can remember today.

fking horrible to watch.

Wasn't it. :sadnod: Very disappointing to see us playing in such a disconnnected and lacklustre manner for the larger part of the entire game - felt like last season again.

fking horrible to watch.

Wasn't it. :sadnod: Very disappointing to see us playing in such a disconnnected and lacklustre manner for the larger part of the entire game - felt like last season again.

oh the match?

i was on about your Baiting Blef.

fking horrible to watch.

oh the match?

i was on about your Baiting Blef.

:boomboom: Twat.

Guest toonlass

Fuck this, I'm off out.

Good!

No need, Blef. Just no need. :no:

Your beligerency was getting on my wick tbh.

Don't know what your problem is.

Time of the month?

No, you are just being extremely unfunny at the moment.

Fuck this, I'm off out.

Good!

Time of the month?

Well, you're hardly doing a great job at being N-O's version of Jo Brand yourself (other than in the looks department). O0

fking horrible to watch.

Lets not mask the truth, there has been several games, especially away, where this kind of dross has been served up and it is not acceptable.  This isnt a one off and the record since Christmas is dreadful.   The number of times the fat useless one got caught out by a midfielder without anyone giving him the 'man on' is pathetic.  These jokers play like they have never met each other before.  Nolan, Smith and Carroll out please ASAP!!!!!

Lets not mask the truth, there has been several games, especially away, where this kind of dross has been served up and it is not acceptable.  This isnt a one off and the record since Christmas is dreadful.   The number of times the fat useless one got caught out by a midfielder without anyone giving him the 'man on' is pathetic.  These jokers play like they have never met each other before.  Nolan, Smith and Carroll out please ASAP!!!!!

We can't drop Carroll, he scored.

Guest toonlass

Fuck this, I'm off out.

Good!

Time of the month?

Well, you're hardly doing a great job at being N-O's version of Jo Brand yourself (other than in the looks department). O0

Oooooh, if nowt else works resort to insults. You are hardly Robert Patterson are you?

Fuck this, I'm off out.

Good!

Time of the month?

Oooooh, if nowt else works resort to insults. You are hardly Robert Patterson are you?

How dare you speak to former cabinet member Nigel Lawson like that!

fking horrible to watch.

dont think i have ever seen a professional football match where there were so many instances of being caught in possession dilly-dallying on the ball, lost count of times i shouted shouted 'man on'

Fuck this, I'm off out.

Good!

Time of the month?

Who the fuck is Robert Patterson? :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Patterson ?

We can't drop Carroll, he scored.

I take it that is a wind up.

Guest Heneage

f*** this, I'm off out.

Good!

Time of the month?

Who the f*** is Robert Patterson? :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Patterson ?

He's this generations Brad Pitt. Or the equivelant to your generations Humphrey Bogart.

Guest optimistic nit

Waaaah waaah waaaaaah Carrol is the worst player we have!  :facepalm:

Yeeeeah yeeeeah yeeeeeah Carrol we love you!  :iamatwat:

Carroll is still f***ing s***, it's only statistics that with all the headers he f***s up one or two will sometimes be good.

That's 5 goals in 6.

So? If our target man was any decent it'd be more than that with our long ball tactics tbh.

:lol:

If your being serious that is even funnier!

Of course I'm serious, anyone not wearing "He's a local lad, he's teh best since Shearahhhh lolz!!!11!1one!!1" glasses sees that.

take time to think about the fact your complaining about a 5 goals in 6 record. no matter what you think of carrol, how anyone can be dissapointed with that is bloody ludicrous.

I didn't think the pressing looked right when we didn't have the ball especially in the first half.  We pressed the first man reasonably well but there was no real pressure on their outball.  I appreciate you don't want to leave gaps in behind but usually with three in the centre you expect better.  As a result they dictated the play and held the ball better and we generally made them look better than they actually are imho.   Anyway, off the hook and a couple of home games coming up.

Guest firetotheworks

Waaaah waaah waaaaaah Carrol is the worst player we have!  :facepalm:

Yeeeeah yeeeeah yeeeeeah Carrol we love you!  :iamatwat:

Carroll is still f***ing s***, it's only statistics that with all the headers he f***s up one or two will sometimes be good.

That's 5 goals in 6.

So? If our target man was any decent it'd be more than that with our long ball tactics tbh.

:lol:

If your being serious that is even funnier!

Of course I'm serious, anyone not wearing "He's a local lad, he's teh best since Shearahhhh lolz!!!11!1one!!1" glasses sees that.

take time to think about the fact your complaining about a 5 goals in 6 record. no matter what you think of carrol, how anyone can be dissapointed with that is bloody ludicrous.

It's totally not that at all. Its the fact that 2 of our other strikers have a better record, and have been given less of a chance. That aside he is player to be the big man up front but rarely does he play this role well, and rarely do the midfield support him when he actually knocks it down.

I didn't think the pressing looked right when we didn't have the ball especially in the first half.  We pressed the first man reasonably well but there was no real pressure on their outball.  I appreciate you don't want to leave gaps in behind but usually with three in the centre you expect better.  As a result they dictated the play and held the ball better and we generally made them look better than they actually are imho.   Anyway, off the hook and a couple of home games coming up.

What pressing of the ball? I never saw any! I saw us standing off, defending deep and letting them have the ball. Probably down to the manager's instructions.

What pressing of the ball? I never saw any! I saw us standing off, defending deep and letting them have the ball. Probably down to the manager's instructions.

cant believe how much time that watseesname got for thier goal.

Fucking awful. An absolute miracle we didn't get beaten. Sorry but if Nolan continues to start I will have lost all faith in Hughton, he was absolutely disgraceful. Guthrie and Smith were shit as well. We miss Jonas so badly, pray he's fit for the next game. Lovenkrands should be used as an impact sub away from home, we battle more and are more direct and the game passes him by. Would have done better with Best up front. Carroll was average but had little support and service. If Jonas or Enrique aren't fit for the next game I'd put Kadar in at left back and move van aanholt up to left wing.

All in all, lucky as fuck. Hopefully that goal will be like Nolan's against Doncaster and give us the confidence to go on a little run.

If I remember right, towards the end of last season it was Birmingham, Wolves and Sheff Utd as the 3 teams realistically fighting for the 2 automatic promotion spots. All 3 were pretty poor for the latter part of the season and all dropped lots of points. However, it was birmingham and Wolves who as the teams who took the top 2 for most of the season went up. Could be a similar situation here- us certainly in a lower gear than at the start, and Forest dropping lots of points at the moment. Cant see WBA being poor but it may well be them going up as champions, and us second on the basis that we drop less points than Forest and no-one else gets enough to close the gap.

For us to press them we would need Guthrie, Smith, Routledge and Nolan to be chasing down their players across the length of the pitch for 90 minutes. Do you really think that any of that lot bar Routledge looked physically capable of doing that today?