Swansea City 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/02/10 - post match reaction from pg 25

Nate

I thought the performance was shocking today, the back 4 did ok but apart from that clueless. How the hell does Nolan get a start every game?? Fat, slow, no skill and just fouls when beat by average players. Guthrie was poor but to be fair when he lost possession it was because he had no options. No pace upfront, no creativity in midfield. Just look like a mid table championship team. Teams must watch us and think how are they top??

as performances go, the worst i've probably seen from a newcastle side

There were worse last season.... Think the last 15 minutes or so made the whole performance look slightly better than it actually was as we finally started to put some pressure on them.

Carroll isn't the main problem FFS. We could have any one of our strikers up front and they'd struggle.

Centre mid consisting of any combination of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie is piss poor, slow as f*** and clueless.

Curious that Nolan/Guthrie dominated Cardiff, yet throw Smith in behind them and it falls to shit.

They didn't do too well against Derby though.

Most of our team are inconstant. Good one game and terrible the next.

Of Smith, Nolan and Butt, I think it's a mistake to play more than one in the central midfield as they are all knackered. I would go for Smith and Guthrie if I had to pick two.

Guest neesy111

as performances go, the worst i've probably seen from a newcastle side

There were worse last season.... Think the last 15 minutes or so made the whole performance look slightly better than it actually was as we finally started to put some pressure on them.

i actually remember games where we had shots on goal before the 87th minute

poor poor performance but swansea need to stop moaning - for all their possesion how many decent chances did they create? we were always likely to get at least one decent chance - and we took it. tough.

also sousa took off dyer - bad move and probably cost them the match.

Carroll isn't the main problem FFS. We could have any one of our strikers up front and they'd struggle.

Centre mid consisting of any combination of Nolan, Smith and Guthrie is piss poor, slow as f*** and clueless.

Curious that Nolan/Guthrie dominated Cardiff, yet throw Smith in behind them and it falls to s***.

They didn't do too well against Derby though.

Most of our team are inconstant. Good one game and terrible the next.

Of Smith, Nolan and Butt, I think it's a mistake to play more than one in the central midfield as they are all knackered. I would go for Smith and Guthrie if I had to pick two.

Amen my friend!

Think I've lost count on how many times Swansea players nicked the ball from behind our midfielders today. :-/

I lost the plot with that. It was infuriating watching. Nolan being the main culprit- just SO slow releasing the ball. Waste of space.

Funnily enough in 2010 we've played 4 out of the top 6 (of course we can't play ourselves, so just Forest we haven't faced) and not lost once, 1 win and 3 draws, since 2 of those draws came away from home, that's really pretty damn good.

Also with Forest losing again today, Swansea and Cardiff could easily catch them, things looking a lot better than they did with 10 mins to go in this one.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

The central midfield players in this squad are dreadful, really dreadful.

Smith/Nolan- Don't really do anything anymore- Smith dosen't break up play like he used to, Nolan dosen't score goals. Both are slow, Nolan is slow and extra unfit.

Butt- Too old, slow.

Guthrie- Slow, no pace to him.

I sincerely hope Barton plays in the middle when he's back.

Awful performance, lucky to get a point.

I knew they would pass us to death but what we really needed was a quick counter attacking unit today, for all their possesion they didn't create much which I also expected.  I can understand Hughton going with Lovenkrands but really he should have been standing on the shoulder of their last man all game, we didn't really have a lot of options today and routledge was decent but really needs to pass, he tried to take on too many men imo, which is fine down the flank but he was cutting in too much and ran out od ideas so would almost try and dribble into the box despite at many times having 3 players on him.  We would have been more effective with Jonas had he been fit and Routledge.  Best looks canny though and looks the ideal man to play up top on his own away from home as he's big, strong and quick.

Imo our lineup away from home should be (when fit)

Harper

Simpson        Big Mike              Colo            Enrique/ Van Aanholt

Smith

Routledge        Guthrie            Nolan          Jonas

Best

According to reports regarding his fitness Barton is meant to be back for Coventry, probably will be starting on the bench if he is mind.

Again, don't think he will be back for Coventry. Hughton said 3 week and that was only 1 week ago iirc.

Forgetting the s*** performance, this was the Championship equivalent of Chelsea going a point clear of Man Utd after a 1-1 draw at Liverpool.

I like that!

Part of the appeal of this season was that, as one of the top dogs, we might play some enjoyable football to watch or dominating football and do so consistently. Which would be a break from the norm of the last few seasons.

Obviously I'd rather be promoted no matter what, but it's very frustrating as per usual.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

According to reports regarding his fitness Barton is meant to be back for Coventry, probably will be starting on the bench if he is mind.

Barton's shit.

Barton's s***.

I don't think he is. But even if he is shit, he will be miles better than our current midfield.

:lol:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/96653347.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F57DAF1A4340BD8583650B801EBB44841315EED11B679D2847

Small cock!  :cheesy:

big enough to create a child which is a blessing in it self

In fairness I'd jizz myself if I scored for the Toon, let alone get a boner!