Holy crap I'm gonna visit Newcastle for the first time!

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest toonlass

It'll be worth doing the tour, it allows you to see what the whole ground is like since you'll only get the one perspective at the game. If you do go in the LC make sure your mates don't mind standing for the full game and having everyone going mental when (if) we score. If that sounds appealing then get yourself up there  :thup:

An american friend of mine said that the tour was well worth it, especially as he appreciated the change of when the stadium was empty on the tour and then when it was full for the match, he said he couldn't have imagined what it would be like and made the build up to the game better. The Strawberry is definitely one to experience. Don't bother with Whitley Bay.

Guest Geordie Boyo

Nout the matter with Fenham! :angry: Only one dodgy bar which I know of, and that's The Balloon which isn't far from where I live. That's where all the riff raff go!

Totally agree....! You have the Denton pub further down the west road too, which is a nice pub. The fox is alright, no trouble at all accept on maybe new years eve...! Fenham itself is a nice area, especially north fenham.

The only dodgy areas in the west end 'can be' blakelaw, benwell, just off Adelaide terrace and around sunnybank further on. an estate just off whickem view in denton burn but that's it...! Cowgate and cruddas park aren't too bad...well, cowgate can be a little dodgy, but just daft little kids...! I think the council tend to move all the riff raff in one street in different parts of the west end so the majority don't suffer.

It'll be worth doing the tour, it allows you to see what the whole ground is like since you'll only get the one perspective at the game. If you do go in the LC make sure your mates don't mind standing for the full game and having everyone going mental when (if) we score. If that sounds appealing then get yourself up there  :thup:

An american friend of mine said that the tour was well worth it, especially as he appreciated the change of when the stadium was empty on the tour and then when it was full for the match, he said he couldn't have imagined what it would be like and made the build up to the game better. The Strawberry is definitely one to experience. Don't bother with Whitley Bay.

In 2008 (my so far only visit to Newcastle) I've also made the tour. Was great as you get an real inside look into the stadium. Wasn't expensive either, so I would even do it again by my next visit.

The thing about Fenham is that there's absolutely nothing in the middle. Was obviously planned by some real puritanical tossers. Just a few places clustered on the very edges -- out on the West Road, or over at Cowgate. Walking from one to the other could take you 25 minutes, with not a single refreshment stop in between.

Avoid Fenham. There are no pubs.

The Fox and Hounds is a pub in Fenham. 

Yeah but it's in Fenham, wo want him to come back, not go back in pieces sent in packages.

Stay away from the west end of the city, and pretty much any pub in the city centre is decent on a matchday. If yours staying for a little while then hit the clubs in Newcastle, it's the party capital of the UK, 2nd to Amsterdam in Europe (beaten by weed and hookers) and 8th in the world,and then you can go to Whitley Bay which is a party town just outside of Newcastle, it's of a lower class then Newcastle but still highly regarded throughout the UK.

:lol: :lol:

I seriosuly hope that is a piss take ?

Sam Jacks mate... sam jacks.

I agree. Sam Jacks has its knockers (no pun intended) but for pure pre match raucousness (is that even a word?) and merriment then you cant beat it.

Plus if the Sheff Utd game is on a bank holiday monday then it will be jumping.

Just what a group of young, handsome, well hung American boys are after I imagine.

Sam Jacks mate... sam jacks.

I agree. Sam Jacks has its knockers (no pun intended) but for pure pre match raucousness (is that even a word?) and merriment then you cant beat it.

Plus if the Sheff Utd game is on a bank holiday monday then it will be jumping.

Just what a group of young, handsome, well hung American boys are after I imagine.

I would like to third Sam Jack's.

Very good pre-match.

Visited the Toon twice, had tried out all different stands at SJP except for the East Stand, if your looking for a great view of the pitch overall, try Bar 1892, tickets cost 40 quid when I went, I tried the Gallowgate and Leazes as well, I prefer the Leazes end really. If you like to sing and chant, Id advise against the Bar 1892 area.

Check out the city center and Eldon Square, Durham too while your at it, take a club tour, it was alright really.

The Newcastle Arms is a must for a proper pint of ale. Ask for a pint of Deuchars, after two or three of them your Arsenal mates will be singing the Blaydon Races.

Bingo, if you fancy a proper ale close to the ground. Hotspur, Newcastle arms, Strawberry, Trent at a push, that one next to the old Tyne Theatre, (Beluga, bodega, whatever the hell it's called) and the Wellington always has a decent pint.

For a proper old fashioned Newcastle bar, The Newcastle Arms takes some beating for a post match drink.

The beer was like cats piss the last time I was in, at least I would expect cats piss to taste like the beer that I had.  I don't know if they had just cleaned the lines out but it wasn't very good.

For a proper old fashioned Newcastle bar, The Newcastle Arms takes some beating for a post match drink.

The beer was like cats piss the last time I was in, at least I would expect cats piss to taste like the beer that I had.  I don't know if they had just cleaned the lines out but it wasn't very good.

when was that ? i had no complaints christmas eve eve.

The Newcastle Arms is a must for a proper pint of ale. Ask for a pint of Deuchars, after two or three of them your Arsenal mates will be singing the Blaydon Races.

Bingo, if you fancy a proper ale close to the ground. Hotspur, Newcastle arms, Strawberry, Trent at a push, that one next to the old Tyne Theatre, (Beluga, bodega, whatever the hell it's called) and the Wellington always has a decent pint.

It's called The Bodega mate.