Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Isn't Cathcart the one who was struggling at Watford?

Still, I think he would be adequate as back-up. I like the look of Bertrand. He's been good for Reading in the FA Cup, which is the only time I've seen him to be fair.

Isn't Cathcart the one who was struggling at Watford?

Still, I think he would be adequate as back-up. I like the look of Bertrand. He's been good for Reading in the FA Cup, which is the only time I've seen him to be fair.

I don't think a player who is struggling in the championship would be good back up in the premiership (tough wood).

We already have Taylor, Colo, Williamson and Kadar. Even if Kadar is used as left back cover I would want someone better.

Ryan Bertrand and Craig Cathcart both free agents in the summer.

Only seen Ryan Bertrand for Reading when they played Liverpool and he looked really good, would be good cover for Enrique and I guess he wouldn't cost much in a tribunal

Guest Stephen927

Carragher is on a sharp decline. He still has his moments where he looks decent but overall he has been a disappointment this season, Rafa needs to peddle him but that depends of course on whether their is money there for a replacement.

Given that Carroll will probably be starting, it's unlikely we'll be interested in a player like that.

I doubt he will be. When Shola came back from injury earlier in the season, Hughton told him that he was going to be the main man. According to Shola himself, anyway.

It's a myth that frequents these parts quite a bit nowadays - that Hughton favours the clogger-types. I mean, aside from (top scorer) Nolan - it really isn't true to be fair, is it. ??? Smith and Nolan have been the regular centre-mid pairing cos we haven't had a right-winger good enough. This has changed now and Guthrie's shifted to the centre.

The argument is, obviously, that injuries have forced the change. But i honestly don't think it would have made that great a difference. I do think we'll see Guthrie in the centre - for example - for the remainder of the season. For the most part, anyhow. And, just to relate to the topic at hand, i do think he'll be in the market for a better striker in the summer.

don't know if i posted it a week or so a go but i was talking to a norwegian in town (no, really) who said it was common knowledge in norway that that toon supporting rosenburg lad would be moving in the summer. deal agreed to come here if we get promoted, if we dont then he is off elsewhere.

kai the zero....you heard owt ?

Carragher? Yakubu?

:lol:

I swear some of you are gluttons for punishment. You've obviously enjoyed this season in the Championship a hell of a lot!

I hate Yakubu passionately, but the man scores goals in England. I'd welcome him, though wages could be a stumbling block. I don't see why Everton would sell him anyway, he's second choice behind of a striker with an atrocious injury record.

Carragher? Yakubu?

I swear some of you are gluttons for punishment. You've obviously enjoyed this season in the Championship a hell of a lot!

I hate Yakubu passionately, but the man scores goals in England. I'd welcome him, though wages could be a stumbling block. I don't see why Everton would sell him anyway, he's second choice behind of a striker with an atrocious injury record.

his wages could be a stumbling block yet you don't see why everton would sell him when he's 2nd choice behind a striker with an atrocious injury record......haven't you just answered all your own questions ?

Guest geordienorway

don't know if i posted it a week or so a go but i was talking to a norwegian in town (no, really) who said it was common knowledge in norway that that toon supporting rosenburg lad would be moving in the summer. deal agreed to come here if we get promoted, if we dont then he is off elsewhere.

Not a done deal at all. Newcastle have not even made an enquiry.

That the media knows of. And I don't trust anything an agent says.

Carragher? Yakubu?

Yakubu would cost too much both in terms of his fee and his wages and worst of all he is clearly on the decline (partly because he is never 27 years old!). He has suffered from injuries more frequently recently and his form has been questionable. Far more likely such a move would blow up in Newcastle's faces. Could see it going the way of the Owen and Viduka signings.

Guest geordienorway

I trust Rosenborg's assistant coach.

I trust Rosenborg's assistant coach.

:pow: