Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

NEWCASTLE UNITED boss Chris Hughton is understood to be monitoring Lille star Yohan Cabaye.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/03/20/newcastle-united-tracking-lille-ace-yohan-cabaye-72703-26073462/

OMG I bought him in my Fifa season and gave him the number 10 a few months ago. I think I mentioned him in this thread too at one point.

Would like to see us make a move for Mohamed Diame at Wigan.

We should just get a mole to work inside Wigan, then sign any obscure players they go for.

Better yet, just buy their scouting network.

why not just buy wigan and use them as a feeder club to improve players them move them onto us, not like anybody thinks wigan actually matter other than for players to put themselves in shop window

O'hara had another decent game for Portsmouth yesterday and scored a pretty good goal (from a freekick) aswell. Spurs don't want him and I doubt Portsmouth will be able to afford him next season, why not?, atleast he creates chances and so far seems to be finishing them in the Premiership aswell, which I doubt will happen from anyone else we have in central midfield.

Watched quite alot of the South American qualifiers for the World Cup before and when the world cup comes around watch out for a   Chilean player called Gary Medel (not a very Spanish sounding name I know :lol: ).

He`s a defensive midfielder (though can play in defence too) for Boca Juniors and would be a very good buy IMO. Incidentally also named `The Pitbull` ala wor Jose. Might be available for a reasonable price.

Matias Fernandez (playmaker) is another one. Hugely skilful on the ball. Was mainly a sub at Villarreal but doing well for Sporting Lisbon now so might be out of our price range (not that I expect us to be interested anyway).

I`m guessing though Hughton will be targeting British players/players with Prem League experience which is fair enough in a way but hope we don`t dismiss buying a few young talented players from abroad.

That Tosic who Pompey got on a Free on around £750 a week in January hasn't been allowed to play for them so he's been released. Training with Swansea, is a centre-back. Might as well try and hijack that until the end of the season.

Thought that too. Strange why there hasn`t been more interest in him considering he`s a Serbian International and on a free now.

Latest bollox from the Sunday Sun.

Must confess I don`t know a great deal about Juan Albin...........but us getting Pablo Hernandez from Valencia?  :doh: . Not a fkin chance :lol:.

Magpies plan swoop for two Spanish stars

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/03/21/magpies-plan-swoop-for-two-spanish-stars-79310-26075889/?

I posted a link to that on here yesterday. Came from a Spanish radio station.

Latest bollox from the Sunday Sun.

Must confess I don`t know a great deal about Juan Albin...........but us getting Pablo Hernandez from Valencia?  :doh: . Not a fkin chance :lol:.

Magpies plan swoop for two Spanish stars

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/03/21/magpies-plan-swoop-for-two-spanish-stars-79310-26075889/?

Albin is good and quite realistic awell. He wont be on much at Getafe I wouldn't think.

Hernandez..not a chance in hell like you said.

Who can replace Nicky Butt? Another ginger of course.

Davide Biondini from Cagliari

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/images/Articolo/13i/C_2_Articolo_70693_paragrafi_paragrafo_0_testoParagrafo_1.jpg

looks like bradley out of eastenders  :lol:

Watched quite alot of the South American qualifiers for the World Cup before and when the world cup comes around watch out for a   Chilean player called Gary Medel (not a very Spanish sounding name I know :lol: ).

He`s a defensive midfielder (though can play in defence too) for Boca Juniors and would be a very good buy IMO. Incidentally also named `The Pitbull` ala wor Jose. Might be available for a reasonable price.

Matias Fernandez (playmaker) is another one. Hugely skilful on the ball. Was mainly a sub at Villarreal but doing well for Sporting Lisbon now so might be out of our price range (not that I expect us to be interested anyway).

I`m guessing though Hughton will be targeting British players/players with Prem League experience which is fair enough in a way but hope we don`t dismiss buying a few young talented players from abroad.

That Tosic who Pompey got on a Free on around £750 a week in January hasn't been allowed to play for them so he's been released. Training with Swansea, is a centre-back. Might as well try and hijack that until the end of the season.

Thought that too. Strange why there hasn`t been more interest in him considering he`s a Serbian International and on a free now.

Good player Gary Medel, keeps things simple/ticking over in the middle of the park. Scored a decent goal when i went to watch Boca in December.

Good player Gary Medel, keeps things simple/ticking over in the middle of the park. Scored a decent goal when i went to watch Boca in December.

would love to make it to the Boca Junior`s stadium La Bombanera someday.

Must have been quite an atmosphere when you went? the fans look fanatical judging by what I`ve seen on TV here and there.

Who can replace Nicky Butt? Another ginger of course.

Davide Biondini from Cagliari

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/images/Articolo/13i/C_2_Articolo_70693_paragrafi_paragrafo_0_testoParagrafo_1.jpg http://comicfigs.net/Faces/SMC17Hobgoblin.jpg

would love to make it to the Boca Junior`s stadium La Bombanera someday.

Must have been quite an atmosphere when you went? the fans look fanatical judging by what I`ve seen on TV here and there.

Considering it was a pretty much nothing game i went to (home to Gimnasia LP), the atmosphere was unreal, just constant noise pre/during/post match. Was only about 5er in n all.