Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

He is hardly making the headlines at Derby this season.

got a eye injury did he not?

Fredrik Stoor måtte til Derby for å få spilletid. Fulham-oppholdet har ikke utviklet seg slik svensken hadde håpet på :thup:

A few days ago:

FULHAM’S Norwegian striker Erik Nevland will leave the club on a free transfer at the end of this season to join his former team Viking Stavanger.

Erik Nevland, 32, who began his career at Viking in 1995, has scored three goals in 23 games this season.

Viking also made a bid to take Fulham’s Swedish defender Fredrik Stoor on a free transfer, but he has rejected the move.

He is hardly making the headlines at Derby this season.

got a eye injury did he not?

Fredrik Stoor måtte til Derby for å få spilletid. Fulham-oppholdet har ikke utviklet seg slik svensken hadde håpet på :thup:

A few days ago:

FULHAM’S Norwegian striker Erik Nevland will leave the club on a free transfer at the end of this season to join his former team Viking Stavanger.

Erik Nevland, 32, who began his career at Viking in 1995, has scored three goals in 23 games this season.

Viking also made a bid to take Fulham’s Swedish defender Fredrik Stoor on a free transfer, but he has rejected the move.

Well aware of that. Fulham tried to get Nevland to stay as well, but he wanted to move home to finish his career. (If you're making a point out of Nevland leaving.)

And nothing you've said so far is saying Stoor is a shit player, and he wasn't a failure at Fulham as he wasn't bought to go into the first team. That's my point. Not saying he's a world beater, just that using him as an example for a "failure" was moot as there was no expectations attached to him for their first team.

Your talking shite man. Fulham do not have the sort of budget to sign players as just squad players.  He has been found out as not up to the job loaned out to Derby & more than likely on free next summer due to being shite. Haway man Baird is rated more highly than him ffs.

Your talking shite man. Fulham do not have the sort of budget to sign players as just squad players.  He has been found out as not up to the job loaned out to Derby & more than likely on free next summer due to being shite. Haway man Baird is rated more highly than him ffs.

Hodgson when signing Stoor according to Sky Sports: "Certainly with Fredrik Stoor we have excellent cover for that position for the coming season."

He wasn't signed as first choice, he has a brilliant track record pre-Fulham and he's done well at Derby. Sure, he never cut it at Fulham, but he wasn't brought in to be first choice and therefore saying he's a "failure" is just silly since there was no expectations. Especially since they paid next to nothing for him. Ask any Fulham fan and they'll agree with me.

That said, I don't really care about the Swedes or Danes. It's just annoying when someone just tosses a name onto something they're saying to make their point without it holding water, which is sad as the other people you mentioned I'd also class as "failures" so your point is still valid. I just nitpick.

Your talking s**** man. Fulham do not have the sort of budget to sign players as just squad players.  He has been found out as not up to the job loaned out to Derby & more than likely on free next summer due to being s****. Haway man Baird is rated more highly than him ffs.

Hodgson when signing Stoor according to Sky Sports: "Certainly with Fredrik Stoor we have excellent cover for that position for the coming season."

Post the link please as I think that is edited to what was said.

not for the summer but obrien on short term loan? seen that mentioned today.

and on the summer why not matt taylor not really getting his game at bolton, could be a useful squad member

Why would he go to a team where he wouldn't enjoy first team status if his main gripe at Bolton is that he isn't getting enough first team football?

He is a decent player. Actually if you combined his shooting and crossing with Jonas dribbling and workrate you'd have a great player.

I thought svensson was a good player for soton just had more than his fair share of injuries.

I know someone who still claims he was the best defender in the PL for a short period of time.  :facepalm:

Oh wait, depends which Svensson you're on about. Anders was considered to be highly talented but constantly played out of position and thus never really flourished, whereas Michael excelled alongside Claus Lundekvam, something which massively contributed towards their decent spell from 2002-2004, until he injured his knee at Fratton Park, was out for a season and they got relegated.

Piquionne says he wants to stay in the Premier League. Think he's done ok at Pompey, looked their best player by a mile at Liverpool.

Would definitely take him, O'Hara and Boateng from Pompey. Would look at Reo Coker as well.