Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

It's amazing how opinions change, Ambrose when he was with us, looked nothing more than average. O'hara a couple of years ago a white heart lane looked woefully out of depth when we beat them 4-1.

I'm not convinced about either player, but will admit that they both fit the Hughton profile.

Ambrose was alright for us I thought.  Scored a few decent goals too.  O'Hara has got better in the last two years.  Lots of people thought Milner was very average for us but he is doing loads better now at Villa a year on.

i don't think ambrose really wanted to leave, souness didn't rate him so i'm not surprised ambrose had to go elsewhere for first team football. if we could get him cheap enough i reckon we should go for him

I'd like him here too.  The fact that he was a winger once means he could cover that role too.  Would like to see Loven-Caroll-Ambrose as a front three.  :thup:

Just a word on the Ambrose thing. It isn't all because of his excellent recent form that I want him here, he's a player I wanted us to sign back in August. He could do well in the premiership imo.

Not sure what he's like these days and we probably wouldn't pay the wages; but say we get promoted, isn't Upson out of contract in the summer?

Will be 31 by the time we get him.  Not that isn't too old, could get a few years out of him I suppose.  Club probably wouldn't go for him though because of his age.

Not sure i understand the Ambrose one, hasnt looked anything special tbh.

Tend to agree with you on this one. He is the so called b ig fish in the palce pool and whilst he has done well in a struggling side this season, the majority of his career has been at the lower levels and I dont see him having much of an influence with us in the PL. We need better, more experienced PL players next season.

I know some of you might laugh at this but hear me out.

Last night, Australia played Indonesia for a place in the 2011 Asian Cup finals. A young kid called Tommy Oar who has just turned 18 made his debut on the left wing. In the local comptetition this year, he has been outstanding and last night, he was brilliant on debut. He is small, but nuggety and has pace, skill and takes players on for fun. He has a sublime left foot and has great ability to cross accurately.

Apparently, Feyenoord are after him along with a plethera of other european clubs but the kid, for his age, is very down to earth and sensible and has indicated that he would love to move to England in the future. Many people over here compare him to a young Harry Kewell although I can think this kid has more to offer especially in his pace and directness.

If anyone has any contacts at NUFC, have a word to take a look at this kid before it is too late. They might want to look also at another youngster who also played last night called Scott Jamieson who also plays in the local comp here. He is a left back who reminds me a lot of a young Ashley Cole in the way he continually gets forward from left back in support and fires in quality crosses too.

Guest kingdawson

I wonder if KingDawson can update us on any possible movement on the O'Hara front.

From the outside, it looks as though he has no real future at Spurs and his days at Portsmouth are all but finished. However, you would suspect that he would have plenty of clubs after him. 

I think he'll be off come the summer but i'd rather we kept him. Great attitude, technically very good, good passer, i want him to be a squad player next season. Thing is, he said he'll be off if he's still not getting games and i think Harry will let him go (although Harry does rate him). Think we'll sell for around 4m but my feeling is he's Fulham bound.

Last night, Australia played Indonesia for a place in the 2011 Asian Cup finals. A young kid called Tommy Oar who has just turned 18 made his debut on the left wing. In the local comptetition this year, he has been outstanding and last night, he was brilliant on debut. He is small, but nuggety and has pace, skill and takes players on for fun. He has a sublime left foot and has great ability to cross accurately.

Apparently, Feyenoord are after him along with a plethera of other european clubs but the kid, for his age, is very down to earth and sensible and has indicated that he would love to move to England in the future. Many people over here compare him to a young Harry Kewell although I can think this kid has more to offer especially in his pace and directness.

If anyone has any contacts at NUFC, have a word to take a look at this kid before it is too late. They might want to look also at another youngster who also played last night called Scott Jamieson who also plays in the local comp here. He is a left back who reminds me a lot of a young Ashley Cole in the way he continually gets forward from left back in support and fires in quality crosses too.

Sounds really interesting. I'm looking forward to the World Cup to see this kid.

I wonder if KingDawson can update us on any possible movement on the O'Hara front.

From the outside, it looks as though he has no real future at Spurs and his days at Portsmouth are all but finished. However, you would suspect that he would have plenty of clubs after him. 

I think he'll be off come the summer but i'd rather we kept him. Great attitude, technically very good, good passer, i want him to be a squad player next season. Thing is, he said he'll be off if he's still not getting games and i think Harry will let him go (although Harry does rate him). Think we'll sell for around 4m but my feeling is he's Fulham bound.

how harry prefers jenas to ohara i don't know, if i had a choice id pick ohara

Sounds really interesting. I'm looking forward to the World Cup to see this kid.

Hopefully, he will be in the squad. He was our best player last night, on debut with the national too and the coach, Verbeek, cautiously indicated when interviewed that he is certainly considering him for the WC. Biggest problem is that the Aussie league has finished for the season and the young lad will have not played any competitive football between now and when the WC begins. Most players in his position are looking for short term loan deals in europe and asia but I dont believe Oar is. Might work against his selection although I would certainly take him because he is an exciting talent.

how harry prefers jenas to ohara i don't know, if i had a choice id pick ohara

He prefers Huddlestone to either. Jenas is quicker than O'Hara and more two-footed, but I'd prefer O'Hara too.