Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Any Koreans worth signing oldtype?

I've heard good things abour Ki Sung-Yong at Celtic but I doubt he'd be making another move so soon.

Ki Sung-Yong has the potential to be the best Korean to ever touch a football and would solve our creative midfield problems in one fell swoop.  Unbelievable passing range and vision, moves all around the pitch, and a sweet set piece taker to boot.

He's already good enough to be running the show for a team like Celtic had the manger used him properly... Figures how Mowbray has somehow managed to screw up two of Korea's best creative midfielders at two different teams by shoehorning them both into the DM position.

Obviously I'd love Lee Chung-Yong here but there's already paper talk of a 7 mil move to Liverpool, and I don't see why he'd come here over Bolton.

Park Joo-Young at Monaco has turned his career around and I'd be very interested in seeing how he'd fair in England but he's never been truly prolific and I think we're more in need of a proven goalscorer, especially considering that he wouldn't come cheap (I'm guessing 5m+). Class first touch and intelligence, with just enough strength and pace to give defenses trouble. Reminds me a lot of Gudjohnsen, who incidentally happens to be who he kept out of the team at Monaco....

Those three are the spine of the Korean NT along with Jisung Park right now... (Whom I'd love to buy and play in central midfield but he's obviously beyond our reach) Other than them I'm don't think there's a Korean player who's good enough to come into the Prem and make an instant impact. Not really the best of times to be after Korean players as most of the good ones have already been "discovered" and are playing in Europe now. We've got a good group of youngsters coming up who might be ready in 1~2 years though.

Any Koreans worth signing oldtype?

I've heard good things abour Ki Sung-Yong at Celtic but I doubt he'd be making another move so soon.

Ki Sung-Yong has the potential to be the best Korean to ever touch a football and would solve our creative midfield problems in one fell swoop.  Unbelievable passing range and vision, moves all around the pitch, and a sweet set piece taker to boot.

He's already good enough to be running the show for a team like Celtic had the manger used him properly... Figures how Mowbray has somehow managed to screw up two of Korea's best creative midfielders at two different teams by shoehorning them both into the DM position.

Obviously I'd love Lee Chung-Yong here but there's already paper talk of a 7 mil move to Liverpool, and I don't see why he'd come here over Bolton.

Park Joo-Young at Monaco has turned his career around and I'd be very interested in seeing how he'd fair in England but he's never been truly prolific and I think we're more in need of a proven goalscorer, especially considering that he wouldn't come cheap (I'm guessing 5m+). Class first touch and intelligence, with just enough strength and pace to give defenses trouble. Reminds me a lot of Gudjohnsen, who incidentally happens to be who he kept out of the team at Monaco....

Those three are the spine of the Korean NT along with Jisung Park right now... (Whom I'd love to buy and play in central midfield but he's obviously beyond our reach) Other than them I'm don't think there's a Korean player who's good enough to come into the Prem and make an instant impact. Not really the best of times to be after Korean players as most of the good ones have already been "discovered" and are playing in Europe now. We've got a good group of youngsters coming up who might be ready in 1~2 years though.

Gotta say I've been very impressed in Lee every time I've seen Bolton, as have alot of people it seems. He's not even been there a season and he already looks far and away their most talented player; pacey and a good dribbler but intelligent with the ball aswell. Just a shame like you say he looks like he's aready out of our range.

The chances are if Park Joo-Young has managed to aclimatise to French football he should be able to make the switch to England. The physicality of the French league is very similar to that of the Premier League, although Ligue 1 is probably not at the same pace as English football I'd certainly bet there'd be less transitional trouble than say signing a player from Spanish, Portuguese leagues etc.

Thing is we should have been looking at scouting these kind of players before they made the switch to Europe. I think the problem is there is alot of sceptisism towards signing Asian players due to alot of failed attempts in the past, even if alot of these signings were destined to fail from the very begginning (Lee Dong-Gook lol). Even when there's success stories like Park at Man U and to a lesser extent Lee Young-Pyo at Spurs I think English teams are feeling less inclined to take a risk.

Maybe Ki would still be worth a punt now if he's not being given a chance with Celtic.

Interestingly enough Lee Dong-Gook has completely changed his game since his failure in England and he's very likely going to start up front for us at South Africa along for Park.

Perhaps we should...

...Sorry, can't keep saying this with a straight face :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/chris-hughton-newcastle-premier-league

Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

Hughton expects to receive a transfer budget somewhere in the region of £25m and feels he only needs four or five new signings to strengthen a squad which already has plenty of top-flight experience. A new striker will be the main priority as he does not have a proven goalscorer at that level, but two full-backs, a central midfielder and a centre-back will also be high on his wish list.

"The fact that we now know which division we're going to be in does give us a headstart and any headstart is always welcome," said Hughton, who will discuss his transfer plans with the managing director, Derek Llambias, at the earliest opportunity.

"It gives us more time to plan for next season. The agents have started already. The first possible chance they will see to push players on you and make you aware their players are available is when you get promotion.

"I think as per normal you try to make some plans. You have a scouting network that's continued to look at players and you're getting recommendations. They are the normal things that happen during a season, so it's not as if we get promoted on Monday and by Tuesday you're having to bring everything together. It doesn't work that way. It will happen over a period of time, but it does help that we can start to look at things straight away."

Newcastle play Blackpool at St James' Park this weekend, six points clear of West Brom with a game in hand. Hughton said: "Around the thoughts of next season, of course, there are five games to go and I think there would be a general feeling of disappointment if we wasn't able to win this league. That's where the focus is at the moment."

Guest Heneage

speaking of Asians, what of Honda at CSKA. Looked rather good from CL highlights at least.

Pretty sure he's just joined them in January, so really a move is unlikely

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/08/chris-hughton-newcastle-premier-league

Chris Hughton is confident that Newcastle United will reap the rewards of an early promotion back to the Premier League in the transfer market, with the manager believing he has gained a crucial advantage in planning for next season.

Newcastle have been promoted with five games to spare in the Championship and, despite Hughton's attempts to keep the focus on securing the Championship title, he has already begun to look at what needs to be done to ensure the club have the best chance of surviving in the top flight.

Hughton expects to receive a transfer budget somewhere in the region of £25m and feels he only needs four or five new signings to strengthen a squad which already has plenty of top-flight experience. A new striker will be the main priority as he does not have a proven goalscorer at that level, but two full-backs, a central midfielder and a centre-back will also be high on his wish list.

"The fact that we now know which division we're going to be in does give us a headstart and any headstart is always welcome," said Hughton, who will discuss his transfer plans with the managing director, Derek Llambias, at the earliest opportunity.

"It gives us more time to plan for next season. The agents have started already. The first possible chance they will see to push players on you and make you aware their players are available is when you get promotion.

"I think as per normal you try to make some plans. You have a scouting network that's continued to look at players and you're getting recommendations. They are the normal things that happen during a season, so it's not as if we get promoted on Monday and by Tuesday you're having to bring everything together. It doesn't work that way. It will happen over a period of time, but it does help that we can start to look at things straight away."

Newcastle play Blackpool at St James' Park this weekend, six points clear of West Brom with a game in hand. Hughton said: "Around the thoughts of next season, of course, there are five games to go and I think there would be a general feeling of disappointment if we wasn't able to win this league. That's where the focus is at the moment."

Would be awesome to sign to 2-3 players before WC!

I hope the positions he's trying to fill according to that article are bullshit, 3 defenders, 1 midfielder and 1 forward.  We are set to lose pancrate, Butt and Hall so we would end up with a net gain of 2 in defence, 1 up front but fewer players in midfield which doesn't make sense.

speaking of Asians, what of Honda at CSKA. Looked rather good from CL highlights at least.

Pretty sure he's just joined them in January, so really a move is unlikely

aye looks a good player. Done well for them and I'm surprised he didn't move onto PSV or Ajax as commonly done.

What about getting Van Aanholt back? Though playing back up for Enrique is not much difference to what he'll be doing at Chelsea ( guess he's 3rd choice or something there though)

Also, if Wolfsburg don't get into Europe next season, would love us to try a cheeky bid for Misimovic. His national team mate Ibisevic is a good striker too (Hoffenheim)

Having watched quite a bit of the Bundesliga this season, there is also Andreas Ivanschitz (attacking midfielder/playmaker) who is on loan to FSV Mainz from Panathinakos. Done extremely well for them.

Darjo Srna? Can't believe he's not tried his luck in Europe yet, and stayed with Shakthar all these years.

Stolen from Everton forum

Free transfers this summer

Liam Rigdewell 25 (defender birmingham),

Sebastian Larson 24 (midfielder birmingham),

Kris Boyd 26 (attacker rangers),

Morten Gamst Pedersen 28 (winger blackburn),

Marrouane Chamakh 26 (attacker bordeaux),

Jason Morrison 25 (midfielder ferenvaros),

Rafa Wolfe 24 (defender ferenvaros),

Cristian Riveros 27 (midfielder cruz azul),

Jose Goncalves 24 (defender hearts),

Mouhamadou Dabo 23 (defender saint etienne),

Kevin Kuranyi 28 (attacker schalke),

Andranik Teymourian 26 (midfielder fulham)

,Joe Ledley 23 (midfielder cardiff),

Gustavo Munua 32 (goalkeeper malaga),

Alcantara Thiago 18 (midfielder barcelona),

James Mceveley 25 (defender derby),

Milos Krasic 25 (midfielder cska moscows),

Adriano 28 (attacker flamengo),

Borja Fernandez 29 (midfielder real valldolid),

Jan Zimmermann 24 (goalkeeper eintracht),

Lloyd Sam 25 (midfielder charlton),

Christoph Metzelder 29 (defender real mardrid)

Jermaine Beckford(forward leeds)-

We should try our hands on these players :

Kris Boyd 26 (attacker rangers),

Marrouane Chamakh 26 (attacker bordeaux),

Kevin Kuranyi 28 (attacker schalke)

Guest BooBoo

How about Yobo ? There are some talks about Everton looking to sell him. Not convinced Everton would let him go. But a 5M cheeky bids perhaps ?

What?! Yobo? 5 million pounds!!??

This better be a wind up.

How about Yobo ? There are some talks about Everton looking to sell him. Not convinced Everton would let him go. But a 5M cheeky bids perhaps ?

What?! Yobo? 5 million pounds!!??

This better be a wind up.

The next post suggests we try and snatch Chamakh from Arsenal, so I'd assume not.

Also:

"Around the thoughts of next season, of course, there are five games to go and I think there would be a general feeling of disappointment if we wasn't able to win this league. That's where the focus is at the moment."

I really hope he didn't say 'wasn't' there, sounds more like the shit Harry Redknapp or Del Boy would say. It's 'weren't' Chris.

Guest Roger Kint

Cristian Riveros 27 (midfielder cruz azul),

Joe Ledley 23 (midfielder cardiff),

Alcantara Thiago 18 (midfielder barcelona),

Christoph Metzelder 29 (defender real mardrid)

Wouldnt argue with any of those, sadly we arent going to have a hope of some/most to be honest. Bigger clubs will take them as we wont offer big wages

Guest Roger Kint

Krasic would be an amazing signing.  Would never happen in a million years though...

Sadly you are right, very impressed when i saw him this season

Stolen from Everton forum

Free transfers this summer

nope, has another year on his contract to run....not that we would have had a chance anyway.

Cristian Riveros looks a tidy player having seen him in a few qualifiers for Paraguay. The inbreds down the road are supposedly after him ...

Guest Roger Kint

why did i think larson was about 29 ?

We been linked to him for the past 10 years it feels like ;D

Wouldn't it be nice if we sign some random New Zealandaer, North Koreans, Slovenians, Chileans and South Africans before the World Cup.

It would make our World Cup so much more interesting.