Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Heneage

We could do a lot less than look at the smaller leagues of Europe mainly Holland and Belgium.

If he wants young players with re-sale the likes of; Nordin Amrabat (PSV) Ibrahim Afellay (PSV) Marko Arnatunovic(FC Twente)Gregory Van Der Wiel(Ajax) Siem De Jong (Ajax) Diemucei Mbokani (StandardLiege) Mohamad Sarr (Standard Liege) Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez (Standard Liege) Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht)

We could do a lot less than look at the smaller leagues of Europe mainly Holland and Belgium.

If he wants young players with re-sale the likes of; Nordin Amrabat (PSV) Ibrahim Afellay (PSV) Marko Arnatunovic(FC Twente)Gregory Van Der Wiel(Ajax) Siem De Jong (Ajax) Diemucei Mbokani (StandardLiege) Mohamad Sarr (Standard Liege) Mehdi Carcela-Gonzalez (Standard Liege) Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht)

Next season we need solid experienced players to establish ourselves back in the prem. After that, the above type of players would probably be what we would be looking at

Guest Heneage

Next season we need solid experienced players to establish ourselves back in the prem. After that, the above type of players would probably be what we would be looking at

You need to mix and match though. I think the majority of those players would cut it here at some level. Mehdi is the only one I'd look to play with the reserves and ease into English football just due to his young age. Plus it would be nice to get some young talent into the side, players that want to do things and are exciting.

Guest firetotheworks

I wish this thread meant anything like. It'll undoubtedly be players we haven't heard of, and maybe one well known Premier League player.

You need to mix and match though. I think the majority of those players would cut it here at some level. Mehdi is the only one I'd look to play with the reserves and ease into English football just due to his young age. Plus it would be nice to get some young talent into the side, players that want to do things and are exciting.

Are Witsel and Defour still at Standard Liege? Remember seeing them both fot the Belgian u-21's or something and they were meant to be the next best thing. I agree, we do need to be looking at youngsters across Europe, perhaps get Wise back to lead our scouting  :coolsmiley:

Guest Heneage

Are Witsel and Defour still at Standard Liege? Remember seeing them both fot the Belgian u-21's or something and they were meant to be the next best thing. I agree, we do need to be looking at youngsters across Europe, perhaps get Wise back to lead our scouting  :coolsmiley:

They are but they are what I call 'Poster boys' they are the ones all the magazines tip for greatness, so expect to pay 10m plus. I would say of the above list all bar maybe Afellay can be bought for under 10m.

iirc Witsel was being talked about as having a £16m price tag by all the papers.

Makes sense really since they would want a similar price to Fellaini. Likewise with Defour.

Mbokani is an interesting shout. Looked good against Liverpool in Europe a little while back. I think Fellainin was still in the Liege team back then. Very quick and athletic. Could certainly see him doing well in the prem and shouldn't require crazy money to sign him. I woul imagine £7 - 8 million at the very most.

Mbokani is an interesting shout. Looked good against Liverpool in Europe a little while back. I think Fellainin was still in the Liege team back then. Very quick and athletic. Could certainly see him doing well in the prem and shouldn't require crazy money to sign him. I woul imagine £7 - 8 million at the very most.

I saw him in the flesh against us at Goodison and he was very good. Poor mans Drogba which is still > most strikers.

Guest Heneage

He's got a good bit of pace on him too. I think he'd be a good option with or instead of Carroll to rough up defenders.

Jo looked very poor and dos Santos hasn't looked ready for the premiership.

There's a reason we got rid of Giovanni. Talented, yes, but he's lazy as fuck and has very little work ethic. If he didn't cut it in La Liga, he won't do it in a more physically demanding league.

Guest Heneage

Yebda is only on loan to Portsmouth, isn't he? Who is his parent club and will he be available?

Benfica and yes he will, they have better options right now.

Can't see O'Hara coming for the simple reason his missus won't move this far north.

She is from Liverpool she knows the delights of the North.

But she's an A lister now don't ya know (or so she thinks) so being too far away from the bright lights in that London just won't do!

It was in one of the daily rags last week, possibly The Star, that she'd put posts up on her Twitter page urging Rafa Benitez to sign her fella. So can't see moving back up north being a problem.

Guest BooBoo

Does anyone know why Carrick was outside the team today?

What a strange expression.

I presume it was just Ole Purple Nose shuffling his pack.