Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Could be long-term number 2. Harper and him next season with Krul & Forster out on loan, then one of those for the number 1 jersey the year after, and the other leaving. No room at the club for both.

Good thinking, I keep thinking "why the fuck would we need another keeper" whenever we are linked with someone but the chance of Krul and Forster going out on loan next season (after Krul signs a new contract) would be great.

The Sun have provided a list of a few free transfers this summer. I've not seen Govou, Belletti and Bresciano mentioned in here.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2962340/Footballs-ultimate-free-transfers.html

Thats the most half arsed list i ever saw ;D

I love the titles they've given the players if you put the cursor on their pics. There's like "STRIKER, VETERAN, EXPERIENCED" and then they just get tired of thinking of words and go "AUSSIE... Mark Bresciano" :lol:

Guest geordienorway

There are quotes from Erik Hoftun (DOF at Rosenborg) in the norwegian press today saying Rosenborg are willing to sell Anthony Annan. The price mentioned is 3-4 million £. I think he is the best tackler in the world atm, and he has a great engine and can pass. The problem is his offensive contribution which is non-existing. He is also prone to bookings, but at that price he is definately worth a shot.

He is going to play in the WC for Ghana this summer, and that will probably end our chances getting him. If we can tie him up before that, it could be one of the bargains this summer.

There are quotes from Erik Hoftun (DOF at Rosenborg) in the norwegian press today saying Rosenborg are willing to sell Anthony Annan. The price mentioned is 3-4 million £. I think he is the best tackler in the world atm, and he has a great engine and can pass. The problem is his offensive contribution which is non-existing. He is also prone to bookings, but at that price he is definately worth a shot.

He is going to play in the WC for Ghana this summer, and that will probably end our chances getting him. If we can tie him up before that, it could be one of the bargains this summer.

Agreed. He's a fantastic player.

Oh dear. being danish i know him very well. Can´t stand him! not that bad tbf...but why do we wanna spend money on an old keeper....Krul and Harper is all we need.

and he is not coming to sit on the bench...he wants to play again after Johan Wiland took his place at FC Copenhagen!

Could be long-term number 2. Harper and him next season with Krul & Forster out on loan, then one of those for the number 1 jersey the year after, and the other leaving. No room at the club for both.

Aye, thats what i want to see. Think it was you i was telling on Tuesday actually.

Guest michaelfoster

Sounds like a norweigan Alan Smith tbh