Watford 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 27/02/10 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Honestly don't think we've missed Steven Taylor one bit.

Shush man you're not allowed to say that.

Thought Colo played better last season when he was along side anyone other then S.Taylor.

He did quite well alongside Bassong so yes you have a point.

Against Coventry in the League Cup. :lol: That was about it, really.

Colo's been absolutely immense this season but don't anyone start standing up for his performances last season. He had a spell around where we went six games unbeaten, that 0-0 draw away at Chelsea, and he looked every bit the player we know he is. Aside from that though he struggled with every single aspect of the league.

Thought Colo played better last season when he was along side anyone other then S.Taylor.

It isn't even worth discussing Colo last season. Had a little bit of form just before New Year where he looked excellent, but aside from that, he was generally a lost cause whoever he was playing with. Steven Taylor wasn't very good either, like.

I'm not saying Colo was good by any means last season, but always thought his better games happened when he wasn't playing alongside Taylor. Taylor's unpredictable football brain seemed to unsettle Colo at times. I mean, if you were a Defender and your partner kept bombing it up the field or doing silly things I'm sure it'd unnerve you too.

Fair enough i suppose.

It isn't even worth discussing Colo last season. Had a little bit of form just before New Year where he looked excellent, but aside from that, he was generally a lost cause whoever he was playing with. Steven Taylor wasn't very good either, like.

Taylor was just as bad at centre half. Only played well when moved to full-back.

Guest firetotheworks

We all know our defence was totally capable last season. And when it was Beye, Colo, Bassong, Jose it was fucking good. Allow me to be the least insightful person in the world with one word: Midfield.

Guest firetotheworks

The thing that worries me most about Best is the length of his contract. That suggests we're going to be playing him next season, where he'll be massively out of his depth.

Anyway, a good win. Onwards and upwards.

Longer the length of the contract = more cashback, maybe?

I think, in this league (ugh) there's very little difference between Taylor and Williamson, which is excellent considering they're both very capable being the hammer at the back, while Colo writes poems with his feet. Should we go up, it'll be interesting to see what Williamson is like. I really like how unfussy he is though, he just never seems to mess about. If he and Colo could take something of each others game (in that Colo does mess about, but messes about well) then we could have a decent partnership on our hands.

:lol:

Signing Best has all but ended any chance that Ranger will 'make it' at NUFC. He'll not get as much as a sniff next season if we go up. Only way forward for him is if he stays in this division maybe going out on loan to what will be viewed as one of the better sides in next seasons Championship. Best is complete and utter shit.

You really can't judge Colo on his performances last season - new league, new language and a new club which was in complete turmoil from September onwards. Like you say he had moments where he was excellent but he was one of the players who really suffered with the near constant clusterfucker that was NUFC.

Taylor was just as shit, he got away with it as he didn't cost an arm and a leg and he's a local lad. My overiding memory of Taylor last year was his endless pointing at through balls or men he should've been dealing with, West Ham at home being a prime example.

He did quite well alongside Bassong so yes you have a point.

Against Coventry in the League Cup. :lol: That was about it, really.

Colo's been absolutely immense this season but don't anyone start standing up for his performances last season. He had a spell around where we went six games unbeaten, that 0-0 draw away at Chelsea, and he looked every bit the player we know he is. Aside from that though he struggled with every single aspect of the league.

I'm not starting, I defended him last season as well because although he had problems it was clear he was a good defender who was surprised by the pace of the game here. I'm not saying he'll coast it next season either but I doubt he'll be our major concern.

:celb:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/97136741.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F57345B54250EADFDE8C9F0D1BB1A1A3D526510482D0DF145A

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/97136818.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5557827DED45EB3F08C9F0D1BB1A1A3D5CB6926DA44B5FDDA

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/97136785.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F50F5BF97FEE5FDA858C9F0D1BB1A1A3D5811148CEE5CCFE18

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/97136861.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5623D0CE6F387E2198C9F0D1BB1A1A3D58853E204D61CEE8E

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/97136841.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5DB66946341E1358C8C9F0D1BB1A1A3D5DB9C9DC79F298407

:snod: :clap:

Guest toonlass

Colocinni and Williamson were superb tonight. Steven Taylor must be sitting on the sidelines wondering what the hell is going to happen when he is fit as there is no way he should just walk back into the first team. Loved the run Van Arnholt made before we got the corner that made the second goal, Danny Guthrie impressed me today too, worked damn hard, got the corner in for Carroll to put away and also popped up at the back when he was needed. Great to see Carroll score as well because I was worried when Lovelypants did his hammy that we might not have the goals upfront. I can't see why Leon Best starts before Ranger as he has shown nowt much to me since signing. Shame West Brom came back from behind but pleased Forest lost, getting a nice gap between 1st and 3rd now.

Coloccini looked well chuffed when he scored pumping fists on his way back to his half anarl. Superb performance by him.

Carroll could have had a hattrick yet again. Nice flick that shaded the post.

Good performance all in all. Thought Smith was more involved and he defended well.

About the only thing Best looks good at is getting to the goalscorer first.

LOL...I got verbally assaulted for saying something simlar last week ! ;)

The pitch was a disgrace and Saracens haven't even played there for 3 weeks. Wank game, but the defence in particular Colo and Williamson were absolutely superb.

Nolan and Smith still totally fuck the balance of the team up, they don't fucking do anything. Useless twunts. We'd break the 100 point mark in this league if we had competent central midfielders, no problem.

About the only thing Best looks good at is getting to the goalscorer first.

LOL...I got verbally assaulted for saying something simlar last week ! ;)

At SJP?

Probably there too !

Be nice to see the lad prove us wrong though.