We can't be caught. CHAMPIONS.

Rob W

Last time we won promotion we sold David Kelly and brought in Peter Beardsley. We won't be bringing in players of the calibre of Beardsley next season I think it's fair to say so I would keep Lovenkrands. Plus he scored a few for us in the Prem at the back end of last season.

Loven is in this division what we wanted from Owen in 2005...he has the nippy pace to get ahead of defenders, playing on the shoulder (see his goal at Boro), very Owen (of Liverpool)-esque. Also seems to get headed goals due to intelligence of movement...

Course, doing this at the top level will be much harder. He has the support of the fans though, and if we can get a creative midfielder in, or Guthrie is played more often and improves as he should do, then i think he can do a job for next season atleast. We have gotta fight relegation man.

Guest Phil K

Loven would score in the Prem

I'm more worried about his sick record.

Hopefully a close season would have him properly fit.

As for Kelly, I would have klept him as stand by as it turned out, he wasn't needed.

But what if we'd had the same injury problems we have had over the past several seasons or so ?

If we win on Monday we can only be caught by West Brom, Forrest and Cardiff.  A draw on Monday would leave the three mentioned above plus Leicester who would need to win every game between now and the end of the season and us to not pick up a single point.

Guest Phil K

We can't be caught by anyone BUT Forest - and they won't catch us either.

21 ahead of Cardiff with 7 to play

Tell you what tho' - I'd laff my socks off if Forest caught WBA while all the talk has been "Can they catch Newcastle"

We can't be caught by anyone BUT Forest - and they won't catch us either.

21 ahead of Cardiff with 7 to play

Tell you what tho' - I'd laff my socks off if Forest caught WBA while all the talk has been "Can they catch Newcastle"

tbf the only reason it's been "Can they catch Newcastle" is because if they did it would be a much greater upset than if they catched WBA.

• 2 weeks later...

20 points clear of 3rd, and to think what the likes of Kamara and Caulkin said about our promotion hopes.

Don't think anyone on here, including you, expected us to bounce back so emphatically just before the start of the season.