Newcastle United vs Barnsley - 06/03/10 - pre-match thread

Dave

Reckon this will end a draw, but very much hope to be proved wrong.

EDIT: I'm still just as cautious about this league as when we started even though we're winning week in, week out.  ???

Smith out with ankle injury apparently. Probably means Butt will come straight in. Joy.

They're both not very good. In fact I'd say Butt offers more than Smith does.

Smith out with ankle injury apparently. Probably means Butt will come straight in. Joy.

Disagree. Smith knows his limitations and doesn't give the ball away. Butt gives the ball away consistently by attempting to play ridiculous first time or crossfield passes that he doesn't have the talent for.

Smith had a hand in two goals against Preston tbf. Can't imagine we'll get the same from Butt today.

Disagree. Smith knows his limitations and doesn't give the ball away. Butt gives the ball away consistently by attempting to play ridiculous first time or crossfield passes that he doesn't have the talent for.

Smith had a hand in two goals against Preston tbf. Can't imagine we'll get the same from Butt today.

That's only because he passes it either backwards or sidewards.

What would you rather have when the game has started to get a little dull, Smith making a 3 yard pass, getting it back, passing it back again, getting it back, passing....

or an overhead kick out of nowhere on the half way line, no pressure around Butt at all but he has had one of his "Zidane" flashbacks again.

? only one winner for me.

That's only because he passes it either backwards or sidewards.

That, and he's never fucking got the thing :lol:

Guest jeffers09

Harper

Simpson Williamson Colo Enrique

R.taylor Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Carroll Lovenkrands