Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - post match reaction from pg 24

Nate

Another freekick. Jill have you turned your radio off?, it's not going so well.

It's never been on. This one is someone else's fault.  :undecided:

Double Decker? Pom Bears? Make a change ffs!

I can do Double Decker/Wispa/mini can of Coke/shot of gin.. erm... those are probably my only options.

Oh, but I have changed out of my red & white socks.

Should tell them the Notts F ht score, shouldn't then need a team talk; 3 points today & we'd be away & gone

No, thanks. How many times have we bottled it when we've been in a position to consolidate our lead?

Guthrie and Nolan have been absolutely abysmal in the center of the park.  Just horrendous. 

We scored on our only actual moment of quality in the half - credit to Jonas for the pass and a tidy finish from Lovelypants.  And fair play to Colo, who has been solid as normal. Kadar looks as good as you would expect a 5th choice CB plaing out of position to look.

The pitch looks dodgy as hell.  Bobbles all over the place.

Neither of them are natural athletes and in games like this one it shows. Another fluky win masking a shit performance would be most welcome here.

I'm glad Guthrie is in the middle now but when he's playing with Nolan we look really open and get cut through easily. Nolan has been absolutely wank, really is like playing with 10 men most of the time, he's nowhere when we're attacking or when defending, just useless.

Guest Phil K
Another fluky win masking a s*** performance would be most welcome here.

Spot on. Took the words out of my gob

GET NICKY BUTT ON!

(bolts out of the room  :crazy2: ) ;D

...rotten tomatoes splatter against hurriedly closing door.

Guest Heneage

nolan is just a fat b******, that get's away with scoring a few goals, otherwise a shocking footballer

Coming from the man who said Leon Best was better than Nick Bendtner.

Guest Matticus

It's shit because to an outsider Nolan looks like a god, when in reality he's just so fat that the ball has no choice but to bounce off him into the net at times.

Guest neesy111

nolan is just a fat b******, that get's away with scoring a few goals, otherwise a shocking footballer

Coming from the man who said Leon Best was better than Nick Bendtner.

i'm sure i never said best was better than bendtner as best is an awful striker, i did give bendtner a bit of stick, he's thrown some of it back at me, but he still deserves it for last saturday though

Dire first half, as others have said. Boro looked like they were by far the likelier team to score. We had one chance and took it but they had loads.

If we don't improve in the second half, this is only going to finish one way. Need to get some posession in the middle of the park, that's where the smoggies have looked the better team.

Guest Phil K

It's s*** because to an outsider Nolan looks like a god, when in reality he's just so fat that the ball has no choice but to bounce off him into the net at times.

LOL. :D

By the way - was that Loveley's first goal away from SJP this season ?

Their goal was very nice football, it has to be said. This is the biggest match of the season and we have to step up in these next 45. If we do, we can almost start looking up rather than down.

Missed the first 20....are Routledge and Enrique only on the bench because they aren't fully fit?

Should tell them the Notts F ht score, shouldn't then need a team talk; 3 points today & we'd be away & gone

No, thanks. How many times have we bottled it when we've been in a position to consolidate our lead?

If that's the stamp of players we've got then we have problems. It should serve to drive them on to 3 points not hang on to a draw. Second half will tell what kind of manager Hughton is; I suspect he'll try & settle for a draw.

Their goal was very nice football, it has to be said. This is the biggest match of the season and we have to step up in these next 45. If we do, we can almost start looking up rather than down.

Missed the first 20....are Routledge and Enrique only on the bench because they aren't fully fit?

Heh?

Only Hughton (maybe Nicky Butt, too) will really know.