Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - post match reaction from pg 24

Nate

Guest Heneage

Well done to some, I can't wait till we get our best XI back and get some flow just to push the title through.

Boro still can't beat us. Robson seems a good signing, but I can see them not going up.

A good point considering Forest lost, I would have been far happier if WBA had of drawn and we had of got a point, and even happier had we of won.

Anyway considering we were the 2nd best team and went a goal down in the final 3rd of the game a point is not to grumbled at in this situation. It's also 2 points that McBoro didn't pick up that they need for the playoff's.

If McBoro play like this next season and get a decent striker/forward in then I can easily see them going up, it's maybe a little too late for them to get into the playoff's this year.

Don't really care about Forest to be honest.

Can only see West Brom catching us and they won.

We'll be promoted, but I want us to go up as Champions. May help us get the upperhand over the other promotion candidates on transfer targets if we win the league.

FWIW, the lack of urgency about our play was really disappointing. Boro approached the match like a derby and were first to everything and playing with good aggression. We seemed to turn up expecting a village green kickabout.