Newcastle v Scunthorpe - 19:45 Wednesday 17/03/10 pre-match thread

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I think after last nights results and bearing in mind the opposition he will not take any chances on anyone not being 100% fit even if it means drafting in reserves and playing out of position.

If Forest were still breathing down our necks he'd probably be more inclined to risk one or two players.

My first ever 'double' match - went to the away leg too.

I have had a feeling for a while that 1 team is going to do the double over us. Hopefully its not tonight.

A nice solid 2-0 win would be very nice.

Harper

Taylor Simpson Hall Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Carroll Lövenkrands

If Colo's not out, he obviously comes in for R.Taylor with Simpson moving back out to full back.

Kadar?

Guest toonlass

Don't know if I am going to the game tonight. Still feeling dodgy. Trying to talk myself into going but feeling queesy still.

Harper

Taylor Simpson Hall Enrique

Routledge Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Carroll Lövenkrands

If Colo's not out, he obviously comes in for R.Taylor with Simpson moving back out to full back.

Kadar?

Completely forgot about him :doh: Sod off R.Taylor :snod:

This is the tie that we were teased about last season when we were relegated. "Next year you will be playing teams like Scunthorpe".

Wouldn't it be nice that in beating Scunthorpe we could have virtually cemented our place in the promotion spots.

This is the tie that we were teased about last season when we were relegated. "Next year you will be playing teams like Scunthorpe".

Wouldn't it be nice that in beating Scunthorpe we could have virtually cemented our place in the promotion spots.

12 points clear of 3rd, with a game in hand and 10 or so games to go, it'd be a bloody relief that's for sure.

Routledge is deffo back isn't he? I recall his name on the bench against boro..

We need him to shine tonight and inspire the goals to flow! I think it'll be 2-0, best and nolan with the goals.

BBC:

TEAM NEWS

Newcastle are hopeful that defender Fabrio Coloccini will recover in time from a dead leg to play against Scunthorpe on Wednesday.

Alan Smith is still out with an ankle injury, but fit-again pair Jose Enrique and Wayne Routledge could return to the starting line-up.

Scunthorpe captain Cliff Byrne starts a five-match ban following his third red card of the season at Ipswich.

Rob Jones and the versatile Andrew Wright are both in contention to start.

Harper

Simpson  Hall  Colo/Kadar  Enrique

Routledge  Nolan  Guthrie  Jonas

Carroll  Loven

if the team that played against Barnsley can win 6-1, this team with Routledge and Enrique in can hit double figures - let's fucking 'ave them  :clap2: