Newcastle v Scunthorpe - 19:45 Wednesday 17/03/10 pre-match thread

LoveItIfWeBeatU

According to their official site they have sold 1700 tickets so far, good on them.

To be fair, for the size of town, and the number of actual supporters, Scunny always have a good away following.

Any chance to get away from Scunthorpe is grabbed with both hands

i know our recent record but nobody predicting a clean sheet? epic, incredibly pessimistic for our defence. I wouldnt begrudge a goal for Hoops though, massive fan of his, he has to stay at this level if they go down.

2-0 Loven and Nolan

The more i think about it, what with the award in all, i can just see Nolan bagging a brace...and I hear Hoops is out? if so, then i dont think theyll score full stop...basically, a quarter of their goals are from him not to mention his holdup play is superb

Routledge and Jose are back for this one.

Harper

Simpson Hall Colo (if fit) Jose

Routledge Guthrie Nolan Jonas

Caroll  Lovenkrands

If Best can't score past this shower of a defence then we might as well just execute him.

never understood why we went for a striker when we had carroll, løvenkrands, ranger, ameobi....i could understand it if we had the chance to sign a obivous talent or proven striker!

anyway, i have not see see much of him, mostly read about his performance! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

totally unrelated to the game, but at sixth form we couldn't access the Scunthorpe town centre website because of a certain 4 letter word in the name which was obviously in the URL.  Was a right inconvenience.

Guy I know in London is from Scunny, he told me once that the filters on the internet at Scunthorpe Council stopped all incoming/outgoing emails ([email protected] or the like) because of the spelling. They had to change everything to north lincs council to avoid removing the internet filters, cost millions.

Anyway, hope we give them a thrashing tonight so I can give him some stick. God knows he gave it out to me back in October.