Newcastle United 3 - 0 Scunthorpe - 17/03/10 - post match reaction from page 14

Nate

Guest Heneage

How on earth did that shower of s**** beat us in October?

Simpson and Zurab were our CB'S that night weren't they? I think that is what made the difference tbh, Colo and even Hall bossed Forte with ease. I think their small pitch helps them as well, as clearly they aren't a technical bunch so the fact they can compact themselves and just play route one football helps them.

He didn't get the ball as much as he should have tonight, Routledge. Nolan needs to start looking for him instead of trying to play the through balls and that topspin punt over the top he seems fond of.

He's brilliant though, Routledge, in this league at least.

they were f***ing s****.  They'd nick the ball off us then pretty much put it on a plate and give it to us straight back.

One minor complaint was Routledge's knack of drifting inside a bit too often.  There were a few times where he'd come inside, whereas if he'd stayed out wide and waited we could have set him away.

to be fair he was given big gaps inside and he took them. also he look to drift in behind loven a couple of times on lovens check backs to avoid drifting offside......clever movement.

Bleugh, just got back in - shagged.

Just to echo previous comments; it was a training match after the 21st minute. We should have nicked atleast a couple more but come the last twenty minutes i think our lot just lost interest. :lol: It's pointless exerting ourselves every match, especially when there's a difficult away trip to come. We were fairly pedestrian but it was still an absolute walk in the park. As opposed to the matches where we've picked off teams for fun, it was just one of them where were ruthlessly efficient - bar a couple of chances that really should have been buried.

Got absolutely nothing to say for Scunthorpe. They should go down and they won't return any time soon. Seriously small-time and it really is a conundrum as to how they took three points off us at their place.

Special mentions to Hall, Guthrie and Carroll - all of whom had really good games. Got to say, i didn't have too many high hopes for Hall but he looks a really decent centre-back, like, every time i've seen him play. I honestly wouldn't be against us picking him up on the cheap for cover at the end of the season, if that's at all possible. I know Scunthorpe were shit but he's pretty much taken the mickey every time i've seen him for us this season.

Speaking of taking the mick - Danny Guthrie man. Absolutely pisses this division.

All in all; fairly standard performance. Woeful opposition. But - whilst our home form has been good from day 1 - earlier in the season we'd have only snuck a win there. We're unstoppable at home at the moment and i expect 12 points from the remaining 12 available tbh.

Guest fraser

This was the easiest win by a Newcastle team that I've seen in a very long time; a combination of them being shit and us playing very well across the whole side (including Nolan after a distracted start). Coloccini MVP, not because ha had to do anything amazing but because he oozed class tonight.

Looking at some other comments, I just think that we have to be patient with Best; I'm still not sure that he has what it takes.

Maybe he's not been the best so far (and might never be a great and simply gets sold on for little loss in the summer), but come on.

There's never any need for any of this vitriolic shite spouted towards our own players.

Maybe he's not been the best so far (and might never be a great and simply gets sold on for little loss in the summer), but come on.

There's never any need for any of this vitriolic s**** spouted towards our own players.

He's shit and you fucking know it.  Now is the part of your life when you stop being an asshole. Enjoy it.

The idiocy is dripping from the page when it comes to our players sometimes. Best may well be rubbish and from what I've been able to gather from the matches I've seen/heard live and/or saw highlights of he definitely hasn't got off to a great start in the reverential black and white. The fact remains that he has been on the pitch somewhere around 364 minutes for this team. I wish on all of you that you are forever judged in your jobs and occupations based on the first 364 minutes of your work, while you acclimate to your new surroundings. Not even a full work day, that is. IT is fine to express our doubts as the supporters that spend our hard earned currency on tickets/merchandise/whatever, but this over-the-top chastisation is undoubtedly uncalled for. I say, let us give the man time. I think that would be the better option than declaring the young man's career over on the back of a 20 minute substitute appearance in a match that was well won.